Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review Camie - got some great tips noted there!

I'm looking for some help girlies - does anyone know the room rates for 1 night? Some of our guests are saying mp is too expensive to stay at for their entire holiday, but have said they will stay there for the wedding day so they don't get kicked out at 10pm with the day pass!

Anyone know prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be! View Post
Thanks for the review Camie - got some great tips noted there!

I'm looking for some help girlies - does anyone know the room rates for 1 night? Some of our guests are saying mp is too expensive to stay at for their entire holiday, but have said they will stay there for the wedding day so they don't get kicked out at 10pm with the day pass!

Anyone know prices?
I think it's $196 for 1 night right now. I have 3-night and 5-night room rates and they come down to $204.16 and $200.45 per night, respectively. This is for double occupancy rooms and includes transfer from hotel to resort and is also for next year. Hope this helps!

Camie, My questions are coming slowly...... I'm currently trying to sell my old house and deal with a bad dress situation.... So glad I bought my second dress or it would be worse!

Do you know if they have different colored rose petals? I really want an orange or coral color and really don't want to have to haul them to Mexico.

Also, Question about the Chapel Gazebo and ceremony. Did you have a symbolic Catholic wedding ceremony? I thought you said you did your legal back in the states. Also, can you elaborate on why this is one of the better gazebos?

We both are Catholic but have been married before. I have gone through the process to get remarried Catholic but he has not. We plan on doing the legal part in the states before but I would love it if we could have a symbolic Catholic wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be! View Post
who did you book them with lady? i have asked tammy on this site to give me a quote...and also emailed mp direct for some prices.
MP has a minimum night stay that you will have to check into. We have friends that own places on Isla Mujeres (sp??). Some of our friends are staying over there too. Since the day passes are $84 a person and some of them have their families, it would of been cheaper to stay one night. MP told us they have a three day minimum.

MP also told us there is a three day minimum, but our travel agent worked it and I have a few guests only staying for two. So, maybe something can be worked out for just one night.

I was wondering about the rose petals as well...I would like to do a pink/orange color too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaM2b View Post
Camie and all recent brides, I will probably have more questions but would like your opinion. We are going down with a crew of party people. We originally chose the Sunrise side since that is where most of the bars/dance places are but I really think I would prefer the new Grand side or Nizuk. How much of a hike is it to each of the areas? How bout at night? How many bars and do you know the hours are there in the Grand section?

I know about the Roof Top Bar, I was actually thinking of everyone meeting for happy hour there on Friday night. Our biggest nights with friends are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and I was thinking of listing meetings places in my brochure for Thursday and Friday. Any other suggestions on places to meet a crew of people?

another question.... Do cell phones work in Mexico? We have Sprint.
We too had a big party crew but found ourselves only going to Sunrise the night of the wedding (their lobby bar was open later than the Nizuc lobby bar) and during the day one day to check out the pool.

We left notes at the front desk for some of our guests to meet us at the Nizuc pool bar as they all arrived during the day. There are 2 pool bars on the Nizuc side and at least 3 over on the Sunrise side. I'd recommend having people meet you at Nizuc simply because the pool is about 50% of the size of the Sunrise pool.

Cell phones do work but it depends on your calling plan. With the passport promotion, you will have unlimited calls to US and Canada. We and our guests were calling family in the US all the time. There were no issues with the connection and the instructions for dialing out were very easy to follow.

The roof top bar was not open when we were there, most likely due to low occupancy issues so check into that before you start planning. It also isn't the easiest to find because there are so many buildings over on the grand side and it would be hard to give directions because guests could be coming via the lobby-to-lobby bus, the internal transportation golf cart, or walking. I know of two restaurants on the Grand side (one is Los Tacos which is the pool restaurant) and then there are at least 4 pool bars, the roof top bar, and then the fancier restaurant (can't remember the name). The pools are really spread out over on the Grand side.

My recommendation for meeting people is to either pick one of the Nizuc or Sunrise lobby bars or pick one of the pool bars if guests are arriving during the day.

The hike from one side to another is not that bad - 10 minute walk along the beach from Nizuc to Sunrise at most. The disco is over on the Sunrise side and they do have more pool bars but that's because the pool is much larger. Also the MP convention center stuff is also over on the Sunrise side.

Hi Moon Palace Brides!

Can anyone share with me their experience w/ the Moon Palace DJ? I'm wondering if I should start a playlist of songs to give to the DJ or if they have a general idea of what to play.. Also, has anyone had their DJ also MC the reception, and if so, how did that work out? Were you happy with him/her? Any recommendations?

134 days til the Big Day! Wooohooo! =)

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaM2b View Post
Camie, My questions are coming slowly...... I'm currently trying to sell my old house and deal with a bad dress situation.... So glad I bought my second dress or it would be worse!

Do you know if they have different colored rose petals? I really want an orange or coral color and really don't want to have to haul them to Mexico.

Also, Question about the Chapel Gazebo and ceremony. Did you have a symbolic Catholic wedding ceremony? I thought you said you did your legal back in the states. Also, can you elaborate on why this is one of the better gazebos?

We both are Catholic but have been married before. I have gone through the process to get remarried Catholic but he has not. We plan on doing the legal part in the states before but I would love it if we could have a symbolic Catholic wedding.
I also just sold my townhouse in Minneapolis. Holla!

I did not have a choice in the color of rose petals and I don't have the pictures yet to show you what colors they actually were but from what I remember they were yellow, coral, red, and orange.

We got legally married in Dallas at the end of March and then we had a Catholic ceremony at MP which is different than a symbolic ceremony. In order to have the Catholic ceremony at MP, you need to complete all the traditional classes through your local church. For example, we had to go to a weekend communication seminar, go to a conflict management class, and have a couple other classes. After we finished all the requirements for our local church, the Deacon signed off and sent the paperwork to the priest in Mexico. Ultimately the priest in Mexico has the final say on if he is going to perform the ceremony or not. Which is kind of scary since I didn't meet him until I showed up at the altar. I believe Marie had a symbolic ceremony in the Catholic gazebo but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The Catholic gazebo, or "The Chapel" as they call it is more elegant in my opinion because of the glass walls and the pews. The pews are in near perfect condition and are dark cherry wood. The floor is marble, the altar is marble, and its very clean. Then there is the mini river/creek that winds around it with the bridge that you walk over when you are walking down the aisle which adds a nice touch. For those of you who are wanting to possibly hang flowers on the ends of the pews, they do have little picture hooks where you can hang the flowers. I personally would not waste any money on decorating the chapel. The other two gazebos have railings (one of them has painted white railing, the other has brown wood railing) just didn't catch my eye as much, maybe it was because they looked empty even when they had chairs setup, I'm not sure.

I will say that it gets HOT HOT HOT in the Catholic gazebo with the sun pounding down on it all day and the glass preventing any sort of breeze.