Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

TinaM2B, it looks like you'll have over the 35 guest capacity for group dinners at a restaurant. We are most likely going to be in a similar position. Do you think it'll be a problem to still have the welcome dinner as planned?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip Nibsmom! I haven't decided if it just makes sense to rent linen there, like you said, or bring some along because then I know what it looks like. Then again, I have a tendency to overpack too so it would certainly be an adventure to get everything down there. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that.

Does anyone know the size of the tables? What size tablecloth would I need? 60", 90"?

Camie, I am sorry to hear about your stress. I hope it all works out for you. I heard a lot of stuff this morning and our local authories are prepping for an outbreak but stating it isn't as bad in the U.S. They also stated it is probably the economic situation that is causing it to be worse in Mexico City, which is far away from Cancun.

We all have to remind our guests that there have been no reports anywhere close to the Cancun area, sort of like the violence. Hopefully, that doesn't change.

Also, for all the brides that are still a couple months out, the influenza season is usually over by summer, no matter what strain it is.

Let's all try and help us all stay positive and hopefully, stress free!

I've narrowed the source of the swine flu freak out to my mother. Turns out she contacted my sister, brother-in-law, and brother and basically told them that we are all going to die or they are all going to get quarentined at the airport if they look sick. She's so over dramatic and if I didn't have a legit concern that there were going to be travel restrictions, I'd be laughing.

I can't remember who posted the comment about guests not coming unless you switch locations... I think that's a little over the top and I'm sorry you have to deal with comments like those.

One of my guests sent me a link to a Google map where it shows the areas of the breakouts - none have been reported anywhere near Cancun. In fact, there are more cases near the Dallas area than remotely near Cancun.

H1N1 Swine Flu - Google Maps

I'm off to pick up my dress from alterations now. Oh and I got my ring "blinging" (as my jeweler puts it) and it looks awesome. I highly recommend a little touch up before you take off. Hey, if you are going to get the swine flu, you might as well have a shiny ring to go along with it! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
Okay ladies, I've finally sat down for a long enough to write a review of our wedding experience at the MP on 04.02.2009....

Feel free to check it out and ask any questions!
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...450#post776728
Your review was great! I have a question about the photography package. Did you have a contract early on or sign anything? I got the price list when I signed my wedding contract and mine does say $780 for package E. What did they say when they told you it had increased to $950? Have you received your package yet? Are you happy with the photos they chose and the album?

We did sign a contract early on and are purchasing the Deluxe Package. It came with a price sheet and check sheet to turn in to the WC to purchase additional items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Okay, so maybe this is a stupid question I should know the answer to, but apparently, I don't!! LOL.

So, say after our ceremony we have dinner in one of the restaurants and then decide to have some dancing/reception time. I know we have to pay for the sound system, but would we have to pay to use the space? How much would it cost to have a bar set up? Would we have to pay for like a cocktail reception even if we didn't want food?

Does anyone know?
Nibsmom, I was just looking through my wedding contract price list and it lists that a cocktail party costs for the receiption is $400.00 for 10-20, $600 for 21-30 and $800 for 31-40.

I just found out we have a WC at MP. It will change though because our primary WC is currently working with May brides. Maybe i can get some of these questions answered.

We were assigned Marabela for now and then it will change to Kalena. I hope it is smoother early on than some of the experiences some of you have had. Has anyone had recent experience with either of these WCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracy View Post
Would anyone like some specific pictures of any of the areas? We leave a week from tomorrow and I can try to grab a few snapshots of places while we are wandering around. If so post it here and I'll try to get them all....
I would love to see some shots of that area if you would share. We have requested the same gazebo. Who is your WC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseddy View Post
TinaM2B, it looks like you'll have over the 35 guest capacity for group dinners at a restaurant. We are most likely going to be in a similar position. Do you think it'll be a problem to still have the welcome dinner as planned?
I don't think I have read anything about this on the forum so I am also waiting to hear. We currently have 33 people staying at MP and 8 coming in from outside. I just started working on the approval for over 20% coming in.

This was a post that amduran made regarding the restaurant accomodations. I would imagine they would be okay with pulling up a few more chairs if need be, right??

Re: Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by amduran

Hi everyone - I thought this would be helpful too. This is the list of restaurants at the resort and the group sizes they can accommodate.

Restaurants In Nizuc

Manglar Rest. - Italian Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Arrecifes Rest. – Brazilian Style, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Palapa Delfines Rest. – Grill, open air, casual dress code. (For no more than 25 people)

Caporales Rest. – Mexican, a la carte, Air Conditioning, casual dress code (For no more than 10 people)

Caribbean Rest. - Air Conditioning, formal dress code ( long pants), set menu (For no more than 10 people)

Restaurants in Sunrise

Gondola Rest. - Italian Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Bugambilia Rest. – Mexican Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Barrucada Palapa – International /Steak, a la carte, ocean front, casual dress code. (For no more than 30 people)

Fragata Palapa- Seafood buffet, ocean front, casual dress code (For no more than 30 people)

Momonohana Rest. – Oriental food (chinese, japanese and Thai), a la carte, Air Conditioning, Formal dress code (long pants) (For no more than 10 people)

Golf Course

Trattoria Rest. - Italian a la carte, Air Conditioning, formal dress code (long pants). With set menu (For no more than 10 people)

Bambu - Oriental a la carte, Air Conditioning, formal dress code.(long pants) (For no more than 10 people)