Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Beautiful wedding set-up!

They have like 4 or 5 different menus for the cocktail hour/appetizers. And it is totally like a meal with tons of food! I didn't find out the details of the menus until I got to the Moon Palace and talked to my WC, and I can't remember all the different ones! But I do remember that it was good food LOL!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ladies,

I just wanted to say thanks!! :)

We were really pleased with our pictures and flowers. The Moon Palace photographer did a great job, and the Moon Palace has beautiful flowers to choose from.

Jodymichelle: we didn't have quite as much time as you to plan. But that just means you have lots of time to pick out wedding dress and shoes, bridesmaids dresses, work on invitations, save the date cards etc. And this forum is great, you should get lots of good ideas from here. I didn't find this forum until less than a month before we left.

I thought I attached the menus in a previous post But here it is again.

Good luck! :)

Sarah

CORPORATE MENUS.doc

Just in case you guys can't open up the link, I copied and pasted the cocktail menus.

Sarah

COCKTAILS

MEXICAN HORS D'OEUVRES

bolitas de queso con chipotle / cheese truffles flavored with chipotle chile

sombrero salami / salami sombrero

guacamole con totopos / guacamole with tortilla chips

sopecitos mexicanos / mexican sopecitos

quesadillas de queso y champiñones / cheese and mushroom turnover

sincronizadas de jamon y queso/ ham and cheese sincronizadas

tacos de pollo / chicken tacos

INTERNATIONAL HORS D'OEUVRES # 1

jamon parma con melon / prosciutto ham with melon

blue cheese en vara de apio / blue cheese in celery boat

tomate cherry relleno de atun / cherry tomatoes stuffed with tuna fish

canape de crema de queso y hierbas/herbal cream cheese canapé

empanadas de pollo/chicken turnovers

strudel de verduras/vegetable strudel

Filete de res shish Kebab/beef shish kebab

B.B.Q costillitas / B.B.Q ribs

INTERNATIONAL HORS D'OEUVRES # 2

vol au vent de champiñones / mushrooms vol au vent

quiche Lorraine

dedos orly de pollo / chicken fingers Orly

espejo de quesos y galletas / assorted cheese & cracker board

jamon y esparragos / ham & asparagus

mini brocheta de frutas / mini fruit brochette

verduras mixtas al natural con aderezos / vegetable crudités with assorted dips

20 guests minimum/ 2000 guests maximum

COLD HORS D'OEUVRES FOR SUITES

salmon con queso crema/ salmon with cream cheese

rollos de jamon con esparragos/ham rolls with asparagus

nopales rellenos de carne de cangrejo / grilled cactus leaf stuffed with crabmeat

jamon parma con perlas de melon / prosciutto with melon pearls

sushi variado/mixed sushi

camarones/shrimp

roast beef

tartaletas de atun/tuna fish tartlet

5 pieces per person

20 guests minimum

VIP HORS D'OEUVRES

nopales rellenos de cangrejo / grilled cactus leaf stuffed with crabmeat

camaron con piña / shrimp with pineapple

blue cheese hors D'oeuvres

shish kebab de pollo / chicken shish kebab

medallones de res / beef medallions

volovan relleno mariscos / seafood vol au vent

20 guests minimum/1000 guests maximum

DELUXE COLD HORS D'OEUVRES

piña con nueces / pineapple with nuts

salmon ahumado / smoked salmon

canape de masago (caviar de salmon) / masago canapé (salmon caviar)

canape de anchoas / anchovies canapé

40 guests maximum

ASIAN HORS D'OEUVRES

variedad de sushi con salsa de soya / assorted sushi with soy sauce

pulpo /octopus

shish kebab de pollo con salsa yakitory / chicken shish kebab with yakitory sauce

rollos primavera / spring rolls

tempura de camaron/ tempura shrimp

20 guests minimum

200 guests maximum

MENU AVAILABLE ONLY IN CONVENTION CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Hey Tina,

If we don't make our rooms, our group contract will be canceled. Apparently, everyone gets to keep the same price though, we just no longer get any wedding perks. Hopefully we should though...but we did lose one room yesterday!!!
Good Luck with that! Hopefully you will have some last minute joiners! Our deadline is on April 17th. Everyone has to be paid in full and we will know what we are looking out then. I am so ready to start planning.

I originally thought we needed over 40 OOT bags and in prepping, I did 50. We are down to 30 now (yes, I already bought everything! DOH!!) so I decided that we are going to use the extra stuff for door prizes at showers. It will give away some of the surprises for the guest that are going but the people who are holding our showers really appreciate the idea.

We have to all stay positive in these trying times and make the best of what we do with it.

Hey Tina,

I did the same thing. I bought some stuff for my OOT bags planning on 50...and we only have 26 now. Oh well. I'm sure some of it I can sell on the forum...I'll have 20 extra of those little spanish books from Target!

Sarah and Richard, is that the menu for the cocktail receptionshuh.gif

So...I was just one the palace resorts wedding website, and they've really changed the packages!!! I got to thinking though, does this mean the 2009 packages change? I got the free package for my wedding in July, but does it change to the free package that's up there now? It looked like there were a few changes...does anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
So...I was just one the palace resorts wedding website, and they've really changed the packages!!! I got to thinking though, does this mean the 2009 packages change? I got the free package for my wedding in July, but does it change to the free package that's up there now? It looked like there were a few changes...does anyone know?
If you've already signed your contract and paid your deposit (don't you have to do this for free ones as well, give a credit card or something) it should remain the same.

Looking at it I'm glad I booked when I did, I think I get a lot more stuff with my superior package for less money then the first few. Phew!

Hi Julia! I too am new to this site and I also am thinking of booking Moon Palace Punta Cana for our wedding location. I just received some info from the WC there and it looks like they have changed their wedding packages from what was listed on the website a month ago (both good and bad). I would love to chat with you so we can share any information so hit me up. Look forward to talking to you...good luck!

I am experiencing the same thing right now! Although I haven't booked yet, I have been emailing with the WC at Moon Palace PC since before the resort even opened. This whole time I was under the impression I was going pay for the superior wedding package and receive spa treatments, hair, mani and pedi. Well, that is no longer included in their packages so those things will now have to be purchased separately. Not sure if I am going to go with MP, also thinking Paradisus Palma Real...anyone have recommendations or info?