Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleGrifa View Post
Hi Liz,

We hired Tammsphotos.com - Tammara & Grant Terry (based of out the US) Tamm's Photos - Wedding Photography Intro

~ they travel to Mexico and shoot weddings - They were amazing and so much fun - they were like guests and have become friends . . . actually we are meeting up with them again in Mexico 2010 for some fun and photos!!

I would suggest if you are looking to hire an outside photographer they are it! Excellent package and amazing quality!!

MP Photographers - we decided to go with hiring a destination wedding photographer, as I wanted specifics and detail - as well there are time limits with the onsite photographers.

We purchased the Deluxe Wedding Package - this package included photography - seeing as we had hired photographers, I had the MP photographer attend our Welcome Dinner. He did 1 1/2 of shooting and they were awesome - he was wicked - we ended up receiving a photo album (the photographer selects and puts this together) and we purchased all of the negatives - SOOOO Nice!

Wishing you the best of luck
Laura
Hale,

Congrats - I can't wait to see your professional pics. We've hired Tamms as well and I'm super excited to be working with her and her husband as I've heard fantastic reviews from a number of ppl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer43 View Post
I need some help/details here... We have never stayed at an All Inclusive resort before and aren't quite sure how the bracelet thing works. I know they put them on you and you can't take them off...but what if you do or what if you lose one?

And how do they know that you are staying at the resort not just on a day pass? Are they different colors? How do they stop people from just coming and going from the resort? Is there just like one little door to get in and out of the resort so you can't just walk in like most resorts?

Sorry for all the questions...I am just trying to get an idea of what its like so I can be prepared when we arrive.

Thank you!

Hi Jennifer,

I've stayed at a number of different all-inclusives and the bracelets are pretty secure. They don't easily come off unless you take a pair of scissors to them. If you do in fact remove or lose them, I believe that it cost $20 to replace (as per one of Pookie's older posts). Each resort is color coded and sometimes has the name of the resort itself on them, so it would be easy to identify who is and who isn't a guest at that resort. I believe that MP will remove them for just the bride and groom for the wedding so that they don't mess up the photos, however they would be replaced after the wedding at no extra charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer43 View Post
And another question...if you sit in on the timeshare pitch thingy...what do they give you in return? I have heard a credit to the spa or golfing...is that true? If so how much do you get? Thank you again!
Typically, salespeople will offer you the world to get you sit in on these pitches. It varies and some offer more perks than others. The catch is that you have to waste a whole morning or afternoon as these sessions could take up to 2-3 hours and they really pressure you to buy into the timeshare. Some are more pushy than others and at the end of the day it really doesn't end up being worth it to have to waste your time for a free massage or a free excursion.

Hope this helps!

Here's a question to you gals who used an outside photographer:

How do you get around the outside vendor policy? I found a photog that I LOVE and he is available for my date. But I don't want to put down a deposit and find out that the resort won't allow him on the premises! The policy states:

Outside vendor services (photography, florists, décor companies, audio visual companies, entertainers, etc.) are not permitted on premises. Palace Resorts will provide our couples with a variety of in-house services to choose from.

Can you give me some tips on how to get around this? Do I need to pretend he's my long lost uncle or something? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shires View Post
I'm not sure why some are saying negative things about the MP photographers but everything I've seen has been amazing. My own pictures receive compliments like "I've never seen wedding pictures like these!" or "The colors are beautiful!", etc. Now if you are looking for something different, more artistic, etc....that's something quite different but that doesn't have anything to do with the quality. I was thrilled with my photographs from the very beginning and remain so.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Thanks so much for your comments. We are going with MP for our photos and have seen so many awesome shots!! Congrats on your marriage!!smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Hey Dana,

I hope the babies don't count. I'm actually not even sure of their exact ages, I have to ask Matt. They live in Texas and I've only met them once! We're running into this problem because the babies parents already own a timeshare down in Mexico, so they want to stay there. Understandable, and was totally fine, until other family members decided they were going to stay there as well!!!

Is it true that the daypasses only work for an hour before and after the wedding? Can they not buy daypasses to come hang out the day before the wedding? What if I have little events going on?

*sigh* I was really hoping no one would go this route!!!
Hi Nibsmom...

Just wondering how your group contract was coming along?? We have a deadline for 50% of our total room costs to be paid for by April 24 and I'm a little nervous about this. Did you ever find out what happens if you don't make the 10 room requirement??

I am using the MP Photographer, but from reading older posts I believe those who have decided to hire their own have had them stay as a resort guest. They would need to have reservations and stay at the hotel as a part of the wedding group. I'm not sure if there is a minimum amount of nights required for them to stay. Hope this helps!

Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myen View Post
Ladies,

Does anyone happen to have a price list for the Moon Palace favors that they have pictured on their website? Also, does anyone know how much they charge to purchase freeze dried petals through them?

Cheers,
Myen
I was also wondering about the pricing of the favors....hoping to cut down on the amount of things I need to travel with!

Erika