Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bemsleblanc View Post
Happy to hear your brother decided to attend! We are working with a travel agency that TammyHost referred us to. We requested an ocean view room and was told the only way to guarantee this view was to book the Concierge Level room. She quoted us at $58 more a night, $426 total a night, but it includes best view and location, two 25 min massages, nightly turndown service (?), pillow menu, aromatherapy, upgraded brand of liquors, exclusive concierge service, exclusive beach bag, and private check in/out. So excited!!!

A couple of months after we booked our rooms my TA told us that they were no longer letting people book oceanview rooms. So, we'd have to "upgrade" when we arrived. I complained to her as we had already booked them and she went back and forth with MP about it. They finally relented and we are now able to have all of our guests choose Superior or oceanview when they book vs. at the resort. My TA has a good relationship with MP as she has worked with them before, perhaps you can bug your TA to get it done. After all, they still offer it as an option to book on their website. Just a thought...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleGrifa View Post
Hello MP Brides

Please see our 1st set-up on Photobucket - Wedding Attire

I posted on 'Show us your wedding dress' (non-pro shots)

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

More to come . . .
Hello Laura!

I absolutely loved your dress! You look great! Thank you for posting your pictures. Can't wait to see the rest!

Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
How on earth did they confirm an ocean side room? We were able to request it, but there is no guarantee until we check in and see whats available.

I just went through the MP's website and started going through the booking process for our same week and its turning up with about $8 cheaper a night. I'm not going to sweat a total of $56. Because our guest list is so small, it was pointless to try for a contract (which didn't offer any kind of savings anyway). Everyone went their preferred ways which for most of my family was through Costco. I think they got off paying about $3800 for two people/7 nights including airfare from Reno, NV.
Right now expedia is showing $468/night.

I'm not going to stress about it. The damage is done. We're going to have an unforgettable time and it still 1/3 of the price than had we had the same caliber of wedding at home.

**** Just got word that my brother IS going to attend, yea!!!
I have no idea how they were able to get a confirmed ocean side room but their itinerary actually states "confirmed oceanside room." I'll believe it when I see it and I don't mean them getting a room, I mean them coming at all - they don't even have their passports yet, so who knows if they will even make it. One would think that being the mother of the groom (and it being the first wedding in the family) that she'd be a little more prompt with getting a passport, etc.

HaleGrifa! What gorgeous photos! I have to jet off to work, and I can't wait to get home so I can look at some more!!!! Seeing all these pictures makes me practically pee my pants with excitement!!!

Reading about all these oceanviews makes me really want one...gawd, I really have to stop spending money on this wedding....ugh!!

I have a question about the beach.. My Fiance works with a guy who had stayed at Moon and said that the beach area/ ocean was rocky and had a lot of seaweed. Did anyone happen to take notice of the beach? Was it nice? Were you able to swim in it? I plan on getting married on the beach.

Thank you!

Jodi