Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Soon2bemsleblanc,

My wedding is on Saturday before yours. Did you have to push MP to assign you a wedding planner? I haven't heard anything directly from them since I signed my contract. I am going to ask my TA about that today. Let me know how you have liked working with Janina Mendoza?

Thanks, TinaM2be

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
I love the idea of a cocktail reception. My wedding is at 1pm, and I am really struggling to figure out what to do between the wedding and dinner - but now I am wondering if I just scrap the formal dinner and do cocktail stuff, then move to a restaurant for our 'included dinner'.
Nibsmom,

I am sort of new to this thread but have had the same concerns. My wedding is one week earlier at 2:00. Reading everything is getting me so excited! I look forward to reading and sharing with everyone here in the upcoming months!!

TinaM - Yeah, I really am having a hard time with it. I really want to set a schedule, but it really depends on how many people we are going to end up with going and all that! Which of course, we won't know for a while yet! I can't believe you already have so many rooms booked! I don't think ANY of our guests have booked yet.

I so thought an afternoon wedding would be nice...and I always wanted to have one. But now that I'm trying to figure out reception stuff, I'm really having a hard time. Granted, most of this difficulty comes from the fact that I want to have an evening party reception...but I want to do it with my dress on! Do you think people would think it was weird if I had the wedding at 1pm, then still had my dress on in the eveninghuh.gif I want to get as much wear out of it as I can!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
TinaM - Yeah, I really am having a hard time with it. I really want to set a schedule, but it really depends on how many people we are going to end up with going and all that! Which of course, we won't know for a while yet! I can't believe you already have so many rooms booked! I don't think ANY of our guests have booked yet.

I so thought an afternoon wedding would be nice...and I always wanted to have one. But now that I'm trying to figure out reception stuff, I'm really having a hard time. Granted, most of this difficulty comes from the fact that I want to have an evening party reception...but I want to do it with my dress on! Do you think people would think it was weird if I had the wedding at 1pm, then still had my dress on in the eveninghuh.gif I want to get as much wear out of it as I can!!
I don't think ppl will think it's weird at all!! It's your wedding day and you should have your dress on! I'm not taking mine off until I have to heh :)

I'm assuming you will be done your ceremony by 1:30-1:45pm and then take pictures? That will be another 1 hr - 1 1/2 hrs and so it will be after 3 pm? If you are doing a sit down dinner it will take at least 1 1/2 - 2 hrs to get settled and eat and digest and by that time the sun should be setting and then you can dance into the night with your dress on :)

I don't think people will think it is weird at all. I think a lot of brides do that in the resorts. My only concern is the heat. My dress is not going to be the typical wedding dress. It is being custom made with similar beading to some of my favorite wedding gowns but it will be in a pastel color with all the bling. I plan on wearing it for the day and hopefully, for many anniversaries after.

We have so many rooms because my TA and I pushed it. We sent our our invitations early November with December 1 deadline. Our TA was able to arrange the reservations with a small deposit down and the remainder due in April. She also takes payments each month if people chose to do it that way. We still think we are going to have some last minute people joining us but we also think we may lose a couple rooms (It is a full refund of the deposit until the first week of April). I have been pleasantly surprised with the response. We really wanted the unlimited private functions for our event that 25 rooms give you.

soontobemsleblanc,

We got our passports last summer and I was told to not do any name changes till after the wedding to be on the safe side. Customs is very picky, you need all your photo I-Ds, BC, and Passport to match. We are also going to get married early (a no-remember date that will just be for legality, insurance, etc).

If you wait till May, you could be cutting yourself short depending on how long it is taking for passports. When we got ours, they told us it could take up to three months. My mom just sent off for hers last week and they told her two weeks. We will see when they come in.

I was told that I needed to be there three days. We are actually arriving Sunday before our Saturday wedding so no worries for us.

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of room rates did you get for your guest at the Moon Palace for the Spring / Summer 2009.

All our info is on our wedding website if your interested. The rates on the the "Wedding" tab and the extras they receive for a three night stay are on the "Booking Bonus" page. The link is in my siggy.

Hello Ladies,

My name is Liz and I intend to get married at the Moon Palace. I sent the request today to the Miami office for December 19, 2009, hopefully they will approve. I am very excited...it is all I can think about. I have been reading the posts and I am very thankful to have all this information in one place.

Talk to you soon!

Liz

I just got back from my wedding/honeymoon at MP yesterday. It was wonderful and just what I imagined for my private wedding. The pictures are divine and everything was beautiful. The salon at Nizuc did my hair and it was EXACTLY what I envisioned and exactly like the picture that I gave to the stylist. I had called to talk to someone about possibly doing my makeup but decided against it when they didn't want to use my makeup (I use minerals makeup because it works so much better on my sensitive skin). Kalena was my WC and she was so helpful (even explaining ways for me to get better deals...for example with the photo package and with flowers). You can actually have a lot of choice with your bridal bouquet...I chose the flowers that I wanted used and then I chose the "shape"...from the "free" choices with the packages. The photographer and videographer work together. They tell you exactly what to do down to where to put your hands, etc. They told me that I could chose poses/shots that I wanted but when I was in the moment I couldn't remember anything that I wanted to do. I would suggest having examples of some of the shots that you want so you don't forget. Don't get me wrong though...my pictures are wonderful and they really reflect how much my new husband and I love each other (I'm so THRILLED with them!) but I am having trouble deciding on one that's appropriate for our wedding announcement in the local newspaper. A more "formal", posed shot would have helped for this purpose.

The MP is AMAZING. My husband and I actually visited both Cancun Palace and Sun Palace and the service at MP is second to NONE. While the beach at MP isn't perfectly clear, even from the beachside lounge chairs, it's still beautiful...and not many were actually "swimming" in the water at CP or SP either. The sand is cleaned of the sea grass several times a day and walking on the beach near the water is PERFECT. I can honestly say that I loved the beach at MP. It's so much wider and MUCH more expansive than the other hotels on the strip (that are practically on top of one another). You can find complete privacy when you want or you can sit near the activities area and watch or join in on the fun. The servers are wonderful and many remember you after a day or so and will say your drink preference before you even have to say it to them. They are truly there to serve you. We tipped at least a dollar...sometimes more (like at the Brazilian restaurant).

The first/second day we arrived, we walked around the resort after waking up at about 3 AM after going to bed at 7 pm after a seemingly LONG day of travel. It was PERFECT. The only ones out and about (besides a few drunk people) were the staff who were working their tails off making everything at the resort perfect and yet would still stop to wish you a good morning or possibly ask if you needed anything!

It was an amazing time.