Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony'sgirl View Post
hello mp brides!!

I hope everyone had an amazing new year :)

i just wanted to let everyone know that i have been e-mailing maribel and she has been responding quite quickly!! I'm very impressed.

Anyways, i recieved some information from her the other day on events, dining, music.. Etc. Also, i recieved a form for anyone that is planning on having a private reception. I have attached the event form to this post, but unfortunately the info document is too big to attach so if you want to msg me with your e-mail address i can send you that attachment.

I have a few questions for you as well:

1. Who here did a private function? Did you have it indoors or outdoors? I would love to have a private function outdoors with just the ipod/speakers. I really just want to do the first dance and dances with my dad's. Was there anyone that didn't do the private function, but still had the dances? I'm basically just doing the private function so we don't miss out on that. Help? Any moneysavers is a bonus :)

i had a private function - the free cocktail reception that came with booking 10+ rooms - it was awesome - it included food, a bar, and it was on the terrace. We skipped the sit down dinner - because our wedding was also at 5 p.m. But nobody felt like they missed a dinner because the cocktail reception had tons of food - and they set up chairs and tables off to the side which worked out perfectly. I also brought my ipod and they set up the sound equipment and it worked out perfect. I had all my songs already arranged - father daughter dance, and our first dance so i just let it play. It was super easy - just plugged it in - and there was a microphone so people could say a little something too!

2. Who here had a 6pm wedding?? This is the time we are having the ceremony. I just want to know how the flow went.. Between ceremony.. Pictures.. Dinner.. Dancing?? What did you do after the function was over?? Did you go out to a club?? so our wedding was at 5 p.m. I think - its hard to remember now lol- then we did pictures until 6:30 i think - then walked over to the terrace where our reception was, we ate and drank and started the ipod with the dancing. Our reception was scheduled until 9 but one of our guests paid $20 to someone ?? Either our wedding coordinator or the bartenders? And they let us go until 11. It was awesome! I don't know if that's customary - so maybe don't count on that - but it is an option :)! Hope this helps!

any info would be greatly apprieciated :)

thank you!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all I am very new to this, I just got engaged three weeks ago but am shooting for a 2010 wedding. My sister married at the MP in Cancun and it was truly breath taking..piece of advise she married in August in the little glass chapel face the ocean OMG IT WAS HOT!! too hot, its sad because in the pictures she looked breath taking but all her guest (males mostly) were SOAKED in sweat.

I am looking to do a destination in Punta Cana and see that MP opened there last week but I asked someone for prices and the room prices just to say there for a double was $954. I am looking at maybe 50-60 guest and if thats the room price for them I am a little scared of the wedding planning prices. Any insight from anyone?

Thank you Betsy!!

That information defiately helped :) I'm glad we will have time for pictures and dinner/dancing and not feel rushed!! We are bringing our IPOD as well, so that should work our perfectly!!

One more question..

I'm Canadian.. I need help with this paper work thing. Getting our Birth Certificates Authenticated and getting certified copies of our birth certificates as well. If any fellow Canadians could help that would be great thanks :)

Sorry.. One more :)

I'm having the free dinner as my Welcome Dinner. Any suggestions on what restaurant to go to? I will probably have about 30 ppl so I'm limited to these restaurants:

El Manglar

La Góndola

Arrecifes

Bugambilias

Palapa Fragata

Palapa Barracuda (Steak house)

Thanks again!!

Betsy,

Our wedding is at 6pm followed by a cocktail hour from 7-8 and then we have our private reception beginning at 8. I'm concerned after reading your last post that this may be overkill, too much food.

Do you think that this is overkill, should we skip the dinner? I don't want guests to eat all the apps and then have to sit down and eat again.

Any advice you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

Camie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camie78 View Post
Betsy,

Our wedding is at 6pm followed by a cocktail hour from 7-8 and then we have our private reception beginning at 8. I'm concerned after reading your last post that this may be overkill, too much food.

Do you think that this is overkill, should we skip the dinner? I don't want guests to eat all the apps and then have to sit down and eat again.

Any advice you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,
Camie
We kind of turned our cocktail reception into dinner and dancing - Our WC worked with us and because it was FREE I didn't see the point in paying for a private dinner reception when we basically got that. My only concern was I didn't want people eating a bunch of apps, drinking, dancing and then having to go sit down and eat more dinner and then not know what to do afterwards. But are you planning on doing the dancing and cake cutting at your private reception? Are you getting either one free?? Just from the $$ aspect I wouldn't necessarily pay for anything - For us the cocktail reception worked out perfect - they had chairs and tables off to the side - So when we first got there - everyone else was already there because we were doing our pictures - and everyone was eating and having a great time - we joined in and then did the cake cutting and moved on to dancing - the food was set up out of the way so people could munch and dance and just have fun. It was great - I personally did not feel like I missed out on anything not having a formal dinner. Hope this helps!! I know it's hard planning when you don't know - It was a hard decision but in the end having the cocktail reception only worked out perfect for us - and all our guests never even thought they were missing anything b/c it was just like dinner!! Good Luck!

Well, after some discussion with the FI we have decided that a cocktail party would be more appropriate. If our ceremony is at 6pm then I would assume that our guests will have eaten dinner?? Right??

By the time the ceremony/pictures are done it will be 7:30-8:00pm. So, I would just like to dive right into some light snacks and drinking!!

Betsy, did you rent the speakers to have during the cocktail party? I was thinking this is what I would like to do. Then I wouldn't be paying for a reception where potentially no one would be hungry and then the speakers/IPOD setup. Then we could just pay for the extra hour of the cocktail party so we could stay and dance/drink.

Also, what kind of hors d'oeuvres did you choose and how did they go over with your guests?

Did anyone else do this?

Anthony's Girl, whats your real namehuh.gif

You totally made the right decision - that was exactly what we wanted too and in the end it worked out perfect~!! I think I have some pics of what the terrace and all the food looked like, I will go through my pics in awhile and see if I can find them,

Yeah, we rented the sound system I think it was like $150 but don't quote me on that b/c I can't remember! What I do remember is that it worked out perfectly! They let you choose from tons of different foods for your cocktail reception - and there is TONS of food so don't worry about running out or not having enough- there is more than enough! We went the traditional route (since we were in Mexico) and had mostly mexican food, I remember options for shrimp and chicken fingers but we did quesadilla's and chips and salsa - I don't remember all the food - just that there was more than enough!

It's funny how stressed out I was about all the details, like the food for instance, and now I can't even remember what was there! I guess once you are married you forget all the details and move on to the good stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Anthony's Girl, whats your real namehuh.gif

You totally made the right decision - that was exactly what we wanted too and in the end it worked out perfect~!! I think I have some pics of what the terrace and all the food looked like, I will go through my pics in awhile and see if I can find them,

Yeah, we rented the sound system I think it was like $150 but don't quote me on that b/c I can't remember! What I do remember is that it worked out perfectly! They let you choose from tons of different foods for your cocktail reception - and there is TONS of food so don't worry about running out or not having enough- there is more than enough! We went the traditional route (since we were in Mexico) and had mostly mexican food, I remember options for shrimp and chicken fingers but we did quesadilla's and chips and salsa - I don't remember all the food - just that there was more than enough!

It's funny how stressed out I was about all the details, like the food for instance, and now I can't even remember what was there! I guess once you are married you forget all the details and move on to the good stuff!!
My name is Cindy :)

Great!! You have been a huge help!! I know I'm probably stressing out for nothing and I definately won't remember every little detail.
I e-mailed Maribel and let her know everything that I want!

Our Wedding Ceremony is at 6PM
Cocktail Party from 8PM-10PM with International Hor D'oeuvres which include: prosciutto ham with melon, blue cheese in celery boat, cherry tomatoes stuffed with tuna fish, herbal cream cheese canapé, chicken turnovers, vegetable strudel, beef shish kebab, & B.B.Q. ribs
Also, we are going to rent the IPOD System from 8-10 to do our First Dance, Father/Daughter dances.. etc.

QUESTIONS HERE: Is there lighting here?? Where is the cocktail party located?? Would I need to rent lighting??

We chose Package D for the picture package which includes: 62 PICTURES IN COLOR 6" X 8" + 1 Special Album.

QUESTIONS HERE: What Package did everyone else chose? Do you think these are enough pictures? It says that the package comes with negatives.. are these on CD and can I print more pictures when I get home? (Copyright restrictions?)

My extras are:

The horse-drawn carriage.. and from what I read on this forum it's a MUST :)

The cake which I have already sent pictures for... the one thing FI actually made a decision on :P

Hair-Style & Make-up Session: QUESTION HERE: Did anyone go before the wedding day for a "mock" hairstyle/makeup session.. just to see what kind of work they do? Was everyone satisfied??

I feel like I'm forgetting something!! Thank God for this forum... truely. I would have no idea what to do if I hadn't found you... xoxo

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
We kind of turned our cocktail reception into dinner and dancing - Our WC worked with us and because it was FREE I didn't see the point in paying for a private dinner reception when we basically got that. My only concern was I didn't want people eating a bunch of apps, drinking, dancing and then having to go sit down and eat more dinner and then not know what to do afterwards. But are you planning on doing the dancing and cake cutting at your private reception? Are you getting either one free?? Just from the $$ aspect I wouldn't necessarily pay for anything - For us the cocktail reception worked out perfect - they had chairs and tables off to the side - So when we first got there - everyone else was already there because we were doing our pictures - and everyone was eating and having a great time - we joined in and then did the cake cutting and moved on to dancing - the food was set up out of the way so people could munch and dance and just have fun. It was great - I personally did not feel like I missed out on anything not having a formal dinner. Hope this helps!! I know it's hard planning when you don't know - It was a hard decision but in the end having the cocktail reception only worked out perfect for us - and all our guests never even thought they were missing anything b/c it was just like dinner!! Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice Betsy - I think we are going to change our plan because, you're right, its overkill and I was worried about the same thing. People would be eating and hanging out (possibly getting a little tipsy) and then have to transform into a serious dinner and I was afraid that the party would then die, which is what I don't want to happen.

Question - Did you have the cocktail hour for only 1 hour and then continue the dancing and drinking. If so, then did you have to pay for them to continue the bar service or did they just consider it an extended cocktail hour?

Camie

I think having a cocktail reception without a formal dinner is a great idea and also a money saver!! Does anyone know what time the sun sets in July? I am trying to decide on what time for the ceremony.

I remember seeing this picture of a sunset wedding with the aisle runner lined with candles on both sides. It was so beautiful!!