Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Shires-

Since its just you and FI, I'd ask him if he'd be OK doing it 1 or 2 hours later since the salon takes a long time for hair appts. Explain that it would make the day a lot less stressful, hence making everyone happier :) If its not hard, and it will make the day run more smoothly I'd for sure Push it back an hour or two.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
Can anyone please email me any maps, wedding locations, flowers, or any information you have on MP? I do not have enough points to download the information. My email address is krmacintosh@yahoo.com

Thank you so much.
Kmac,

I've emailed you all of the documents I have received from my WC and have downloaded from the forum. When are you getting married?

Good luck sifting through all the information!

Camie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaired View Post
Hey girls!!! I'm new to this board/wedding planning! I'm not new with MP(we have visited them and that's why we picked the resort), but am having some issues with group booking. Have any of ya'll done group booking? I have the contract, it looked vague to me but in good faith not like they are intentionally trying to screw me. I was going to sign in and get everything going but then my sister-in law who is a lawyer(God bless her) looked it over! Now there are like 15 items that need to be changed. I know she is trying to cover our butts, and I'm super blessed to have a lawyer in the family, but have any of ya'll done a wedding w/o a group booking. Or do any of ya'll have any suggestions. I'm worried they aren't going to change the contract bc its a general contract. I'm totally OK with not signing it, especially if my sister-in law suggests we don't, but just generally worried that this is "easy stress free wedding" is going to turn into a uphill battle!

Thanks!
Blaire
Hi Blaire,

We do not have a group contract and our travel agent has not had any issues requesting that our guests are booked near each other on the Nizuc side of the resort. The travel agent we booked through was not able to get details on contracts (still to this day I have no idea why she was not able to get the details) so we ended up booking our room to open it up for the rest of our guests to book. I wish now that we had waited for the group contract because we, at a minimum, would have had enough rooms booked for the free cocktail hour which would have saved us $400-600.

Not much we can do about it now but I'd recommend taking your time and getting all the details you can to help you make your decisions.

Camie- Thanks! My sister-in law talked to our WC in Miami and seemed to have worked out some details and hopefully we'll have a revised contract sometime this week! I'm excited to get married, but we are having a short engagement, so planning is in super overdrive which makes me kinda panic!

Can you send me those documents too? I post on here, and on the newbie form, but it takes me forever to accrue points, then I use them and they are gone sad.gif My email is blaired at gmail dot com ! Thanks! Also I see you are in Dallas! We are in Denton! If you have any general MP questions I have a lot of pics of the resort/general info from over the years and can help out!

Thank you to all that have posted why you chose MP. It was hard to decide between all the palace resorts. After reading your reasons why you booked MP I think it too will be a good fit for us! I have sent in my wedding date reservation for Nov. 28th 2009. So…..how long did it take for you to find out if you got your date and time? It says 24-48 hrs but from what I am hearing they are not all that great about completing things in a timely manner. After we have our date and time confirmed what should I do or expect to happen next?

hug2.gif

Ohh….I have another question for all of you well informed MP gals/and maybe guys. Do you have to stand behind the table during the ceremony? I have watched a few ceremonies on YouTube and the bride and groom are always behind a table. Not to sound conceited but I want my FI and I to be front and center for the big day not hidden away behind a table

.thewave.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennynicole View Post
Thank you to all that have posted why you chose MP. It was hard to decide between all the palace resorts. After reading your reasons why you booked MP I think it too will be a good fit for us! I have sent in my wedding date reservation for Nov. 28th 2009. So…..how long did it take for you to find out if you got your date and time? It says 24-48 hrs but from what I am hearing they are not all that great about completing things in a timely manner. After we have our date and time confirmed what should I do or expect to happen next?

hug2.gif
Congrats on choosing MP! When I sent in the request for my date, I heard back from the Miami office within 2 days confirming that they had the date available and would put our names in. At that time I was also given a wedding booking number and the contact information for the coordinator in Miami (ours is Yudelka) who would be handling our wedding. I really do most of the communicating, and she always responds the same day, unless she's on vacation- but you'll get an out-of office reply, and she usually replies back on her first day back in the office. They seem really nice- she just sent me our contract and has sort of outlined what we'll take care of now, and what won't be decided on until we get our onsite coordinator...hope that helps!

I think you can stand wherever you want! When you go down there, they show you the gazebo and then you can decide what you want to do! As far as reservations they are pretty speedy, I think things slow down when its more specific questions being asked.

Hey KennyNicole! I'm so excited for you! I'm so happy you've made your decision! That's a weight off your shoulders! I got a response within 48 hours, but it was to say my time was taken, so I ended up just calling. They were really nice and we settled it all right over the phone! I also got my Miami contact then as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure they have people stand behind the table so the pictures have the ocean in the background and you can see your faces, but I have heard other brides say they have stood in the front and it's fine! It's up to you!