Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutierosie View Post
Anyone know if there is a florist near the moon palace?
i'm not sure of one or know if mp has policies against outside florists.

i do know that the florists on site are very flexible and could make any bouquet of flowers of your choice if you just show them a picture.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Marie, I need to know if the MP needs the documents issued within a certain date range. When my fiance called the IL dept (and I'm from MA), they told him that certain countries/resorts would only take them if they were issued within a certain date range before the event. Of course, he didn't know that information for Mexico. Our date is about 7 months out, and we'd like to get it taken care of, to head off any problems. We just don't know if we do it this early, if it will be too early for Mexico....

QUOTE]

Nibs-

I would call/email the Miami office. They're usually quicker to respond as long as they don't have to make contact with the resort. Those girls are at the mercy of the resort for responding too. Maybe Carolina Lopez would know?

I would imagine that if it was within six months, you'd be safe, but of course thats not for sure.

We changed our to a symbolic ceremony and just going to the courthouse to make it legal here. Its less of a headache and actually cheaper (no translations, no blood tests, no apostille docs)

I've been curious about the TTD in Cancun also. I assume that the resort photographer doesn't do those sessions so I'm wandering if anyone can suggest a decent but affordable outside photographer that we could meet up with on a different beach? Any insight from anyone thats looked into this?

(Affordable being under $1000)

Marie, I did send an email to my Miami coordinator about the apostille documents yesterday, hopefully she will get back to me tomorrow.

For the TTD, I just sent a request to Cecilia Dumas - she looks reasonable price wise and her pictures look like the type I'm looking for. We've decided pretty much to just stick with the resort photographers and videographers for the wedding - I just am going to try to make sure they get some getting ready pictures. If they won't, one of my bridesmaids is artsy with a camera, so I'll just get some non pro pictures.

I was looking at more expensive photographers - namely, Del Sol, because I LOVE their pictures, but I'm unsure about committing to that much money with the way the economy is going right now for a TTD. I notice your wedding is in April though - they do have one associate photog - Diego - who is far less expensive and takes wonderfully beautiful pictures. I REALLY wanted him, but he's not available after July. He may be one to look at!

Good luck!

Hi everyone!!

So, I'm fairly new to BDW and I think I've changed my mind about locations about a million times! Moon Palace seems to be the perfect place for us all around, and I've been reading through this thread for the past day and a half-now I can't wait to get the whole process started! I hate to possibly repeat a question, but I couldn't seem to find the answer through reading/ searching...For those of you who added on to the free package, were you given a list with the a la carte prices? Thanks a lot girls!

My wedding date is getting closer and I'm trying to decide if it would look foolish to use the carriage when there are no wedding guests. I'm using the resort photographer and videographer (my parents have made me promise!) and an add on package with pictures and video includes the carriage ride. Any opinions?

Hey Dana! Welcome! I totally responded to your question yesterday, but my internet is being crazy. All the kiddies are working on their finals, so it's being really slow. Anyways, if you go to the palace website, and click on Moon Palace Wedding Packages, up near the top of the page there's a link for optional services, or you can find it here:

Palace Resorts Weddings

I hope this post comes out.

Shires, I think you should do whatever you want. I would get the carriage! I think it would make the video so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Hey Dana! Welcome! I totally responded to your question yesterday, but my internet is being crazy. All the kiddies are working on their finals, so it's being really slow. Anyways, if you go to the palace website, and click on Moon Palace Wedding Packages, up near the top of the page there's a link for optional services, or you can find it here:

Palace Resorts Weddings

I hope this post comes out.

Shires, I think you should do whatever you want. I would get the carriage! I think it would make the video so cute!
Thanks a lot- that's extremely helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shires View Post
My wedding date is getting closer and I'm trying to decide if it would look foolish to use the carriage when there are no wedding guests. I'm using the resort photographer and videographer (my parents have made me promise!) and an add on package with pictures and video includes the carriage ride. Any opinions?
Shires - Get the carriage :) Everyone who has gotten one was really glad they did because it gave them a chance to relax and take it all in on the way to the altar! Make the most of your day even if it's just the two of you there. It will provide a sweet memory to look back on for you and your future hubby :)

Yay! We're officially booked for 10/24/09. I was so surprised how quickly I got a response- when I was considering other resorts, I would wait days/weeks just to find out available dates. I'm totally excited about planning and making it through the rest of this thread. Thanks for all the helpful info gals!

Yay! We're officially booked for 10/24/09. I was so surprised how quickly I got a response- when I was considering other resorts, I would wait days/weeks just to find out available dates. I'm totally excited about planning and making it through the rest of this thread. Thanks for all the helpful info gals!