Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annouska View Post
Hi there

I am thinking of using Lidya Solemidt as my wedding and TTD photographer. Her pictures look very nice and her packages are affordable. Her website address is Home Lidya Solemidt Photographer

Has anyone her of her before? I found her on this site some where.

I am now thinking of using the resort photographer for my welcome dinner.

Whats everyone else doing?
We are going to use the resort photographer for the ceremony and pictures directly following the ceremony and then one of my roommates from college is going to do the candid shots, shots throughout the rest of the evening, and shots at the welcome dinner. I wish we had the budget for a professional photographer for everything but we don't. Things would be different if we didn't own two houses at the moment - anyone interested in a townhouse in Minnesota? :) Sigh.

On another note, my old roomie's fortay is with invitations/cards/etc. She designed our invites/thank you cards/programs and we were are so happy with them (see attached are the invites, not including the thank you cards and program). The image doesn't show it but the paper and envelope have a metallic sheen and also the blue writing on the image is lighter than it actually is on print. www.jessirischdesign.com is the website if you are interested in seeing some of her work.

Invites.ppt

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony'sGirl View Post
Hi Ladies :)

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, my sister and brother-in-law are not coming to the wedding as it stands right now. Which is fine, but my BIL said that he was going to do the photography.. he bought a new camera and everything!
So, now I'm stuck.. do I use the hotel photog? I have seen the website and their work and the pictures look nice, but I also want to do a TTD session. Do they do that too?? Is it extra??
Who is everyone else using and do you have websites or contact info? Pictures are pretty important to me and I really want some great photos... I'm just feeling lost with only 5 more months to go and just another obsticle to add to many others...
*sigh* Any help would be wonderful, thanks so much!!
Hi Anthony'sGirl,

I know how you feel. One of my best friends from college got engaged 2 weeks prior to us and they beat us to the wedding date by selecting a date in January and also selecting Cancun as the location. in fact, they've beat us to everything, gift ideas, resort tour ideas, welcome gift ideas, etc.

We decided to bump out our wedding to May in hope that spacing out the two trips would allow more of our mutual friends to come to our wedding as well. The problem is, this isn't happening and it's very heartbreaking. I know that not everyone has the timeoff and can afford two trips to Cancun but it still doesn't make it sting any less. I just have to keep telling myself that I wanted a destination wedding and it will be a great time with whomever is able to attend. I've shed many tears over the whole "who is going to attend, who isn't" ordeal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Joy - how long did it take del sol to get back to you? I sent them an inquiry last week and got an email stating they were out of the office a lot and would try to get back to me in 3 to 5 days...
Hi! I e-mailed Del Sol via their address from their website and I actually got an e-mail from Sol within 2 days. I replied ASAP wanting to get more information on pricing and availability and Matt called me back the next day. Then we signed the contract within 2 days. The whole contact was less than a week.

They are both very busy and manage bookings between the both of them and their 2 associate photographer. The good thing is that they do respond prompty phone and e-mail! For example, I sent Del Sol an e-mail about my TTD and I received a response from Sol within 2 days.

My advice is to wait a liitle more! If you really want them for you gotta keep trying =)

Best of luck! I honestly think Del Sol has the best photography in the Riviera Maya area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camie78 View Post
Hi Anthony'sGirl,

I know how you feel. One of my best friends from college got engaged 2 weeks prior to us and they beat us to the wedding date by selecting a date in January and also selecting Cancun as the location. in fact, they've beat us to everything, gift ideas, resort tour ideas, welcome gift ideas, etc.

We decided to bump out our wedding to May in hope that spacing out the two trips would allow more of our mutual friends to come to our wedding as well. The problem is, this isn't happening and it's very heartbreaking. I know that not everyone has the timeoff and can afford two trips to Cancun but it still doesn't make it sting any less. I just have to keep telling myself that I wanted a destination wedding and it will be a great time with whomever is able to attend. I've shed many tears over the whole "who is going to attend, who isn't" ordeal...
Yeah, we have friends who are having a wedding close to ours as well. Luckily, they aren't having a DW, but it still stinks. I've been close to tears with this all lately too - it's really hard not to expect people to come. Because, it's like...deep down, you do expect them to come. LOL. Like mothers and best friends and those people at least. It is really heart breaking when people say they won't or can't.

Lately I've been feeling worse and worse about choosing a DW because of how things are going with the economy, and money is getting tight for everyone. It's a really weird feeling because half the time I'm super excited because we already have group contracts and everything...and the other half of the time I feel ridden with guilt about my choice to get married at MP.

Oh well...if I was having a traditional wedding I'd probably just be angst ridden about something else...lol...one way or another!

Joy - thanks for that update! I'll keep waiting and see if they get back to me within the next few days!

Lately I've been feeling worse and worse about choosing a DW because of how things are going with the economy, and money is getting tight for everyone. It's a really weird feeling because half the time I'm super excited because we already have group contracts and everything...and the other half of the time I feel ridden with guilt about my choice to get married at MP.

I can totally relate to how you are feeling these days! I don't think any of us would have dreamed what would happen in the economy when we started booking our weddings. We're less than 60 days away from our wedding now, and it's time for everyone to pay up their final deposits - I'm wondering if we are going to get a bunch of people jumping ship because they are worried about jobs, etc. We live in Canada, but booked our trip directly with the resort through a friend's membership, which means we pay in US dollars. I think it's going to cost everyone an extra 30% to come because of the economy (when we started this, the dollar was at par), and I keep losing sleep over it. But, you're probably right - if we had wedding at home, I'm sure there would be something else to worry about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBride View Post
I know that in the information I got they said to pick four songs for the CD player. We aren't planning on having the cake cutting there, or having a sand ceremony, so would I just pick one for the processional, one for the bridal entrance, and then a recessional song? How long were people waiting in the gazebo before you got there? I would like to have some music playing for people while they are sitting and waiting for us to arrive, but I'm not sure if that's an option. Did you have champagne at the gazebo after the wedding? Is there any music playing for that? I would pose these questions to my wedding coordinator but I STILL don't have one assigned, and I'm less than two months away now!

We had a CD of music we want to play while people were showing up and waiting for me - our WC was more than willing to play it. We also had a songs for the following: me walking down isle, signing of license, sand ceremony, and then at the end for the recessional.

I would suggest having a song to play during the signing of the marriage license - it takes longer than you would think and it nice to have something playing then. So, I would definitely have 4 songs.

They give you the champagne after the wedding at the gazebo - essentially you can either have the champagne toast before you leave the gazebo or after you leave they can serve it on the grassy area right outside. The photographer (if you use the resort one) will probably want to take pics of you and your new hubby with champagne glasses too. I'm sure if you want to have music then you could - our recessional song was long so it was still playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibsmom View Post
Anthonysgirl - I'm in the same place as you as far as photographers go...it's stressing me out and I have 8 months to go!

Has anyone seen any videos from the Moon Palace? Do they come out good? Has anyone gotten a sample of any of those videos??
We used the resort photographer and got the video as well. We absolutely LOVE our pics - they turned out amazing. Everyone who has seen them can't believe how great they turned out, AND you get them back right away (we had them before we left). I definitely recommend using the resort photog.

The video was really nice as well. They used our wedding music to correlate along with the video which makes it all the more special. It was about 25 mins long (though at the beginning they do have some cheesy MP advertising type stuff first - you can skip that). It has your name burned on the front of the CD and it begins like a movie does, with "chapters" you can choose from (ceremony, picture session, etc). We weren't going to get the video, but my mom really wanted us to - and I am REALLY glad we did.

We had an AHR the weekend after we got back so we played all of our professional wedding pics, video, and all the candid snap-shots we could get from family and friends. (We didn't play the sound since we had a DJ and wanted him to play the whole time)

Hey Joni!

Thanks so much for the input on the pictures/video! That really helps me a lot! Does the resort photographer take getting ready pictures and all that if you want him/her to? That's really important to us. Also, do you know if they would do a TTD? I'm thinking I should just hire an outside photographer for that!

Hi ladies,

I'm not sure if I've commented on this thread yet but I've been trying to catch up on all the previous posts and it's taking me a while ... lol I'm still on Page 83 right now but feel like I know everyone already! That being said I feel I should tell you a little about myself to make it even :) I've been to the Moon Palace a couple of times before and absolutely love it. I'm going to TRY and keep it simple and just enjoy the day but we'll see how that goes...(I'm a self admitted control freak) I know it will be hard for a lot of people to attend our wedding with the way the economy is going but I'm hoping that since I'm giving them over 15 months notice they will have time to save up. Me and my fiance have 4 kids between the two of us. This is the second and LAST marriage for both of us. I have 3 girls and thanks to my fiance I now have a son too! We wanted to make this a family wedding trip so as long as they are there to see us get married that's all we can really ask for. Everything else is just icing on the cake :) Well, I guess that's about it for now... ~ V :)

If you guys are looking for samples of the videography from the Moon Palace guys, I think I ran into a couple of them on YouTube. Just do a search for Moon Palace. The way the videos are done, makes me think they may have been done by the videographer on site (lots of Moon Palace advertisement stuff up front). Just a thought...