Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

We are just three weeks away from our big day at the Moon Palace. We have been in touch with our WC Rosa Lily Sanchez. She has been doing great and we even had a chance to speak to her by phone this past week.

I want to chime in on a few things.....

Regarding flights and guests talking about how much it costs.....

Don't worry about it. We just told our invitees where it was and before we knew it we had about 35 people confirmed. If they want to go, they will make it happen. Also, if Mexicana or AeroMexico airlines fly from your cities, go to their websites directly and early on to book. Each airline has special rates only available online. As an example, 13 of our guests were able to book from San Francisco to Cancun for only $220 each. The rest only paid $305 each. Right now, airfare is going for about $700.

Now a question for the recent brides....

We are getting married at the Bugambilia gazebo and having the reception at the bugamvilia terrace. Cant really say we visited this place on our site visit. Can anyone shed some light on what this place looks like? The WC has told us we can change the location when we get there if we want to. I guess there is only one other wedding that day.

We leave in less then two weeks.....the jitters are starting to settle in.

Lorena

hello everyone!

i've just gotten back from my week long vacation at the moon palace and i have to say- i am so excited to have chosen mp for our wedding location.

melissa - sorry to have missed you but glad you had an amazing time!

i took pictures of all of the gazebos and terraces for all of you. i know that theres some pictures already on here - but i thought it would help. =] once i get them uploaded to my computer and figure out how to post pics i'll have them up!

it was an amazing experience. amazing. i loved everything about it except for the excursion to chichen-itza. the entire day was a sales pitch for handcrafts and 'helping out the mayan people' but it was all very pushy and staged. the bus stopped at a 'mayan family home' but it was not that at all. it was a store/restaurant with really high prices. it really put me off. i would not go back there again until they remove the vendors from the ancient city. 700 vendors selling the same items and harrassing you everywhere you go. it was hard to enjoy the beauty of the ruins.

but with that said -

the excursion to isla mujeres was my favorite day of the week. it was just gorgeous. i'd definitely do that next year.

the pools, restaurants, grounds of the moon palace were so clean and i could not have asked for more. the bars by the pools served softer drinks than the lobby bar or the beach lounge. the beach lounge was my favorite place to be after sundown. its down on the sand and there's swing chairs around the bar, instrumental music playing, hte sound of the waves, and comfy lounge chairs.

any questions - please just ask...

i cannot wait to get my invitations together now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusBride View Post
hello everyone!

i've just gotten back from my week long vacation at the moon palace and i have to say- i am so excited to have chosen mp for our wedding location.

melissa - sorry to have missed you but glad you had an amazing time!

i took pictures of all of the gazebos and terraces for all of you. i know that theres some pictures already on here - but i thought it would help. =] once i get them uploaded to my computer and figure out how to post pics i'll have them up!

it was an amazing experience. amazing. i loved everything about it except for the excursion to chichen-itza. the entire day was a sales pitch for handcrafts and 'helping out the mayan people' but it was all very pushy and staged. the bus stopped at a 'mayan family home' but it was not that at all. it was a store/restaurant with really high prices. it really put me off. i would not go back there again until they remove the vendors from the ancient city. 700 vendors selling the same items and harrassing you everywhere you go. it was hard to enjoy the beauty of the ruins.

but with that said -

the excursion to isla mujeres was my favorite day of the week. it was just gorgeous. i'd definitely do that next year.

the pools, restaurants, grounds of the moon palace were so clean and i could not have asked for more. the bars by the pools served softer drinks than the lobby bar or the beach lounge. the beach lounge was my favorite place to be after sundown. its down on the sand and there's swing chairs around the bar, instrumental music playing, hte sound of the waves, and comfy lounge chairs.

any questions - please just ask...

i cannot wait to get my invitations together now!
Thats AWESOME!!! i totally forgot you were going in August and now your back already. TIme sure does fly!
I cant wait to see your pictures thats really sweet of you to do that for everyone. Did you see any wedding go on while you were there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by saranmike View Post
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. Just found this forum/thread - still have lots of reading to do. Getting married at MP this coming April 20. Looking forward to connecting in this forum and fun planning! -Sara
Welcome Sara! I am getting married this coming April 11, 2009 at MP shortly before you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenaandAndy View Post
Hello All,
We are just three weeks away from our big day at the Moon Palace. We have been in touch with our WC Rosa Lily Sanchez. She has been doing great and we even had a chance to speak to her by phone this past week.

I want to chime in on a few things.....
Regarding flights and guests talking about how much it costs.....
Don't worry about it. We just told our invitees where it was and before we knew it we had about 35 people confirmed. If they want to go, they will make it happen. Also, if Mexicana or AeroMexico airlines fly from your cities,go to their websites directly and early on to book. Each airline has special rates only available online. As an example, 13 of our guests were able to book from San Francisco to Cancun for only $220 each. The rest only paid $305 each. Right now, airfare is going for about $700.

Now a question for the recent brides....
We are getting married at the Bugambilia gazebo and having the reception at the bugamvilia terrace. Cant really say we visited this place on our site visit. Can anyone shed some light on what this place looks like? The WC has told us we can change the location when we get there if we want to. I guess there is only one other wedding that day.

We leave in less then two weeks.....the jitters are starting to settle in.

Lorena
Thanks for the info on the flights! So as far as the bugambilia gazebo and terrace information, one of the brides on this forum (pookie) got married there and has a review on this forum, the thread is called Pookie's Moon Palace Wedding Review *Long W/ Pictures*

you can search it by using the search option found above near the log out button.

hope that helps :)

Hi Melissa

Your pictures are amazing, the resort photographer did a brilliant job, WOW!!!!

Did you ask for the photographer to take pictures in your room before the wedding??

What was the suite like you stated in on the grand moon side? What side did all you guests stay on?

Did you request the grand moon side before you arrived? and did you book the suite before you arrived?

Does anyone know if you can use an outside person to marry you, or do you have to go with someone from the resort? I would love my Aunt to marry us.

Also, the resort looks HUGE...I have read on tripadvisor that there are TONS of kids around and it feels like Disney World because of the amount of kids and the size of the resort...anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks!