Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Hi Dez - thanks :o) The young comments from you and Melissa are awesome. Really.....39 isn't that old :o) I am saying this because when I was young.....30 was old! hehe.

Dez.....the one blowing bubbles is my youngest (he is 9). I will send more pictures if you guys want. The photographer was absolutely outstanding and I am very glad I did the no hassle approach and hired the resort photographer. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Melissa - I had no problems what so ever eating with our group. And..honestly, we ate together every night - 22 of us. When we ate at the shows, we just showed up a little early and we all ate together. Most of the time we were at 2 tables, but that was okay with us. We had our wedding dinner at the steak house and we were somewhat seperate from the rest of the place, however they still could see us. We were making toasts and dinner was fabulous - they brought our cake and flowers over and it couldn't have been more perfect. I think you will be happy with this choice. One thing that you could do is, the night you want your welcome dinner.....go to Bugumvilias (sp) and let them know you have a party of whatever...you will wait a few minutes, but I am sure you will have no problems.

I probably need to get busy with a review.....hmmm....maybe when I get back on August 13th from my next vacation. I will see. If you have any more questions for me, please feel free to ask.

I will send a couple more pictures in a few minutes :o)

Nicole

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanzob View Post
Hi Dez - thanks :o) The young comments from you and Melissa are awesome. Really.....39 isn't that old :o) I am saying this because when I was young.....30 was old! hehe.

Dez.....the one blowing bubbles is my youngest (he is 9). I will send more pictures if you guys want. The photographer was absolutely outstanding and I am very glad I did the no hassle approach and hired the resort photographer. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Melissa - I had no problems what so ever eating with our group. And..honestly, we ate together every night - 22 of us. When we ate at the shows, we just showed up a little early and we all ate together. Most of the time we were at 2 tables, but that was okay with us. We had our wedding dinner at the steak house and we were somewhat seperate from the rest of the place, however they still could see us. We were making toasts and dinner was fabulous - they brought our cake and flowers over and it couldn't have been more perfect. I think you will be happy with this choice. One thing that you could do is, the night you want your welcome dinner.....go to Bugumvilias (sp) and let them know you have a party of whatever...you will wait a few minutes, but I am sure you will have no problems.

I probably need to get busy with a review.....hmmm....maybe when I get back on August 13th from my next vacation. I will see. If you have any more questions for me, please feel free to ask.

I will send a couple more pictures in a few minutes :o)

Nicole
Thanks so much for your help, Nicole! Those other pictures you just sent are beautiful!
And you are so young!! 39 is really young!!! Good for you for marrying young! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico2009 View Post
Hey girls!

Did you get the email about Elizabeth no longer working at the Palace??
Whathuh.gif are you talking about Elizabeth Stinson in Floridahuh.gifhuh.gif? I have elizabeth stinson and did not receive an e-mail, can you PM me the e-mail please.... Thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico2009 View Post
Hey girls!

Did you get the email about Elizabeth no longer working at the Palace??
Oh my goodness...I didn't hear anything about that. I received an e-mail from her on Monday I want to say. Can you PM me the information you have too?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

We just got back from MP on Tuesday and I wasn't sure where the best place to post a review might be. I read many posts and was looking forward to everything coming together. But we ran into some snags and my daughter and I both felt it was important to let everyone know so that someone else might avoid some of the same experiences.

Like many of the posts I read, my daughter worked via email with Katherine in the FL office and Nancy at the resort. Getting emails returned and questions answered was a lengthly process and sometimes vague at best. Here's some of what we saw:

You will more than likely not be grouped together. This wasn't just us, it was every wedding party we encountered. You'll be on the same side (Nizuc or Sunrise) but it's impossible to put everyone together. I don't fault them for that, but I think they shouldn't have even promised to try - it's just not feasible when they are 95% occupied.

Transfers were another issue. I'd advise doing this as early as possible and try for a group rate. Try to get a confirmation email with the quoted price. When the couple was checking out, they were charged $23.00/pp instead of the group rate and it took quite awhile to get that resolved because they didn't have a printed quote.

Nancy was less than competent. Tanna asked several times via email what she would need to bring to the final meeting and what documents were required for a religious/non-civil ceremony. She also asked about music timings and decorations. She never got an answer. When they had their meeting, she found she should have brought their civil license from the states with them. Nancy missed our rehearsal all together! So Tanna basically did the rehearsal herself and we just winged the music since there wasn't a way to walk through it - which meant that the couples song got played for the F/D dance and the groom just cut in half way through. She spent more time telling us what she could NOT do instead of what she could to make the wedding come together correctly. We also had difficulty getting carts to get us to the Toucan gazebo. After waiting for more than 10 minutes the ladies had no makeup left on and we were all just drenched. We had tried to set up carts earlier in the day, but Nancy said they didn't handle that for anyone other than the bride (who was taking the carriage) or disabled persons and we should check with the bell hop desk. Of course, they said they didn't handle that and we should check with the Wedding desk. Even the groom didn't get transportation! This was a biggie as we finally got to the gazebo 5 minutes before the wedding started.

As for the hotel, I can say it was very nice. The food was good and the service was always good. The staff was very pleasant and made us feel welcome. I'm sure we will go back again at another time just to enjoy the resort. The salon was also good. Just allow for more time than you think for hairstyles. But, all the spa and salon services were really good!

All in all, we heard many couples and families that were very happy with their coordinators and I think that's the most important thing. If you have someone who is organized and reponds quickly to questions, that's a good sign. I am still working on my letter to the Palace corporate office regarding our experience with Nancy. I want to word it appropriately as I think it was an individual's lack of professionalism and not representative of the resort as a whole. After being married 23 years, I know the photos and fun memories of the day will be what the couple will remember - and that's what matters. But, we wanted to let you all know what we've experienced to hopefully avoid some stress for others.

Good luck everyone!

Shylene - MOB

Hey girls! I hope everyones planning is going great! I have a random question for yall. We are getting married in the Tucan Gazebo and in all the photos I have seen the aisle looks really long. Does anyone happen to know how long and how wide it really is? We are having a custom aisle runner made and I have no clue how long to make it!

Thanks! Even a rough guesstimate would help!