Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer43 View Post
Hey Melissa...we booked through RCI as well and I would love to hear how it is going for you. Our wedding isn't until May 2009 so we still have a ways to go. Were you able to get any perks thrown in for you since you didn't book directly through the resort? How many rooms did you book?Or do you have a contact with RCI that works directly with the resort? How were you able to find out where your rooms are booked at? (SO SORRY for all the questions! I just got really excited)

We would love for us to be on the Grand Moon side and the rest of our guests on the Nizuc side too.

Any RCI info you have to offer, would be greatly appreciated. You are the only person I have heard that booked this way too!
Hi!
No worries on the questions... I did the same thing when I first got on here. : )
And I know you must be so excited!

We booked 5 rooms through RCI and 5 rooms were booked through World Travel which is through the group rate people at Moon Palace (Maria Torres is the woman my guests are dealing with). It's my MIL's RCI and I do believe we got some excursions included and airport transfers are included (for RCI bookings only). Maria Torres is the one that told me that RCI members are automatically placed on the Grand side. And she made sure all of the rest of our guests were close, so she put them on the Nizuc side.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

I am so excited for you!! Have fun planning!

-Melissa

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question...I think it's more so for those already married at the MP (but if you know the answer, I don't care if you're married already or not lol).

Has anyone else done the legal ceremony AND had the non-denominational minister? We are having both and I was wondering what the minister says and about how long it is.

We want to add the sand cermony and have it read by my sister (MOH) and we were thinking of having our mom's read the hand cermony (because it makes me cry every time I read it) and we have really close friends doing a reading from Dr. Seuse's "The Places You Will Go".

I'm afraid it might be too much, but I don't want the ceremony to be over in 10 minutes and I love all the aspects of it.

There's a seperate thread coming on if it's too much but right now I'm concerned with how the resorts things go (ideas of what they say, how long it is, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomas5555 View Post
Hi!
No worries on the questions... I did the same thing when I first got on here. : )
And I know you must be so excited!

We booked 5 rooms through RCI and 5 rooms were booked through World Travel which is through the group rate people at Moon Palace (Maria Torres is the woman my guests are dealing with). It's my MIL's RCI and I do believe we got some excursions included and airport transfers are included (for RCI bookings only). Maria Torres is the one that told me that RCI members are automatically placed on the Grand side. And she made sure all of the rest of our guests were close, so she put them on the Nizuc side.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

I am so excited for you!! Have fun planning!

-Melissa
Thanks so much Melissa! I do remember them telling us about the excursions and transportation. Who is Maria Torres? Is she with Moon Palace or RCI? Would it be possible for me to get her contact information to ask her some questions? Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
I have a question...I think it's more so for those already married at the MP (but if you know the answer, I don't care if you're married already or not lol).

Has anyone else done the legal ceremony AND had the non-denominational minister? We are having both and I was wondering what the minister says and about how long it is.

We want to add the sand cermony and have it read by my sister (MOH) and we were thinking of having our mom's read the hand cermony (because it makes me cry every time I read it) and we have really close friends doing a reading from Dr. Seuse's "The Places You Will Go".

I'm afraid it might be too much, but I don't want the ceremony to be over in 10 minutes and I love all the aspects of it.

There's a seperate thread coming on if it's too much but right now I'm concerned with how the resorts things go (ideas of what they say, how long it is, etc)
I dont have the answer to your question but how cute are you with your Name/Picture thingy. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMD12309 View Post
I dont have the answer to your question but how cute are you with your Name/Picture thingy. Love it.
Hehe, thanks! It was really easy to do, but a B*tch to get it the right dimensions. I was going to go with an abbreviated version of my name (Dez or Des...but this was more fun)

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
I have a 2pm slot...but we were so far in advance, that I actually choose that time. We're doing a coctail hour after and then a reception...but I know of people who didn't want to do the private functions so they had an "informal" get together afterwards at one of the bars
1PM - Ceremony
2PM - Drinks/Snacks at XXX Bar, Poolside
5PM - Dinner at XXX

Or however you want to split up the time.

Some other brides have given guests the "afternoon off" so if they wanted to nap or swim during that time they could...then just meet up again for dinner.
thank you so much for the suggestions!! sometimes i have a hard time getting the "typical" wedding stuff out of my head!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMD12309 View Post
I think Ive decided not to stress out on anything until I am assigned a WC. I am going to be calling them nonstop at 90 days prior to my wedding until I get one, but this is CRAZINESS. I dont know how you girls are doing it. Im dying over here.
I second that. when i do get a response it doesn't really make any sense anyways!!! but at 90 days i will get annoying =) thewave.gif

we're seriously considering doing a dinner cruise after the wedding, its a small group, and i think it would be a lot of fun!

Hello all....thanks for the welcomes....Here are our details:

-Ceremony on September 6, 2008 at 4:00 PM at the Imaculate Conception Chapel. Deluxe package.

-Civil service to be performed by Justice of the Peace in the office in the morning. Document signing only. Our service will be performed by our good friend who is a Catholic Priest. (non catholic service)

-Cocktail immediately following the service so that people don't get bored of waiting around while we do photos.

-Buffet dinner at the Buganvilia Terrace with DJ playing all the music for us so we don't have to worry about it.

-We are also having a welcome dinner for about 35 guests on Friday September 5th at Aricefes restaurant.

-Our WC was assigned two weeks ago (YES, ONLY TWO WEEKS AGO!!!). Her name is Lily Sanchez. So far so good. Pretty decent communication.

-The original WC out of Miami was Karina. She apparently no longer works in the weddings department. This made for some challenging times but we managed to get through it.

OK - this is getting too long. Please ask if you have questions.