Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Mariela,

I just received an e-mail from Elizabeth Medina, turns out that you have to pay for her to stay there the night of the wedding...I guess that is how you get around the policy of no outside vendors. So, not too bad...but god I can't afford her services I found out. Her pictures are awesome!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I am getting married at MP on Aug 2, 2008 at 5:00 pm. We are bringing a photographer with us, so we will get that luxury. We are getting married in the Bugambilia gazebo, with a private reception on the terrace as well. The biggest stress is planning things by looking at emailed pictures versus an onsite visit. There are still locations available, so if we arrive and see another spot that we would rather have, hopefully there will be no problem making changes.

Hi girls! I just decided (after fighting with my mom over it for weeks) to forego the outside buffet she was not keen on and do an outside cocktail reception and plated dinner inside. Does anyone have pics of the ballrooms? (I have one that someone posted awhile back, but I wonder if there are smaller ones that will not look empty with a small group- we will probably have around 50 people.) I just got my on-site coordinator, who sent me stuff but it is all pretty confusing (Spanglish).

PM me your email address and I can fwd you what they sent me last week. It was all the spaces. Apparently, the largest ballroom has movable walls, so if you have a smaller group, they'll probably give you a smaller portion of the room so you don't get "lost" in it

Flowers...I asked abotu bridesmaids flowers, as I don't want to spend $100+ on flowers for each of my 6BM. What I was told is that a lot of brides will pick a flower and then get like 5 of them and have them tied with a pretty ribbon. Then you are only charged on a per-flower basis. I tihnk that's a LOT more reasonable than the prices on the website.

Tuxedos...I don't know what your grooms and GM are wearing, but, the MP does give the option to rent tuxes &/or suites from them...so you can do it without worrying about transporting it down or having to rent it for a week +

I just got back from a site inspection this weekend. I visited Moon Palace, Paradisus, and Iberostar (as well as a couple others). I do have to say that the Moon Palace is a well-oiled machine. Yes, they have tons of weddings, but they have it down to a science. The wedding coordinator I will work with if I decide to go with the Moon was excellent (Nancy). The gazebos are beautiful (just like the pics). The only thing I was not crazy about was the reception areas. In my case, I will have approx. 35 people so I would use one of the smaller terraces (Tucan). It feels really "open" and you can kind of see the other terrace down the Nizac side of the resort. That is really the only downside I saw. The beach had tons of sea weed, so depending on how the situation is like on Nov., I might skip the beach ceremony idea.

Just in case anyone is considering the Paradisus, the beach ceremony and reception site is just INCREDIBLE!! The WC there is just fantastic (Perla).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deznchris2006 View Post
PM me your email address and I can fwd you what they sent me last week. It was all the spaces. Apparently, the largest ballroom has movable walls, so if you have a smaller group, they'll probably give you a smaller portion of the room so you don't get "lost" in it
I finally listened to your advice and emailed Maribel with my questions, hopefully I'll hear from her soon. Is there a way you can post some of the capacity information for the different terraces and rooms and some of the pics. I would love to see it too and it might be nice for the new girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deznchris2006 View Post
Flowers...I asked abotu bridesmaids flowers, as I don't want to spend $100+ on flowers for each of my 6BM. What I was told is that a lot of brides will pick a flower and then get like 5 of them and have them tied with a pretty ribbon. Then you are only charged on a per-flower basis. I tihnk that's a LOT more reasonable than the prices on the website.
That's exactly what I was planning on doing. I was thinking one or two of those long stem cala lillies for each girl tied with a blue ribbon. It will give the girls something to hold (which has been their main request) and look nice without being too expensive.

Ok, I think I just uploaded the PDF they sent me. The first page is the reception prices and the pages after that are of all the reception areas and terraces as well as the capacities.

Let me know if it worked or not. You can always PM me your email address and I'll fwd it to you. It's in a PDF or I would post the pics via photobucket.

MP Rooms & capicities.pdf