Photo

Just booked ROR Wedding

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kirobiro

kirobiro
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:43 AM

We are so excited that we just booked our date at the ROR for April 9/09! We just had a guest try to book their holiday for 2 weeks and they told them that the 2 weeks is sold out! They are going to call Sunquest and put in a "request" for additional space. Has anyone else come across this or have any suggestions? Feeling a little stressed!!

#2 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
    • 489 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:48 AM

We booked early september last year for april 08. We wanted to go april 12-19 and it was sold out. So we went april 19-26. It's kinda early to be sold out.
      Check with sunquest first
      http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

well, it is kinda early, BUT, april is spring break depending on what days you'll be there.

#4 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

If you're flying out of Alberta, which I assume you are because of your location, you actually fly on an Air Transat plane. Sunquest reserves a select number of seats on the plane for their customers and the rest are reserved for Air Transat customers. There is probably still lots of room on the plane but Sunquest's seats might all be taken. I wouldnt panic, they can just purchase some more from Air Transat. We decided we wanted to stay for a second week for a honeymoon about 4 months before our wedding and they told us the second week was sold out as well, but then our travel agent got Sunquest to negotiate some more seats from Air Transat and we were OK. Since you are almost a year in advance I bet they do some adjusting for you! :)
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#5 kirobiro

kirobiro
        • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments! I am feeling a little less stressed. I have a call into the TA and will wait to see what happens.

#6 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
          • 170 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

hey kirobiro, I'm getting married on 8 April 2009. Come watch if you're there. Its also booked up for us, as its easter on the Friday Monday so no weddings!!

#7 Camille

Camille
            • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

Congrats!!!! I'm sure that it will work out fine!! I am getting married on March 14, 2009 and we are doing a lot of waiting for full packages and stuff since it is early... sucks, but it is worth it!!

#8 kirobiro

kirobiro
              • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

Kitty Kat UK....thanks for the note. I am sure that we will definately see each other! Good luck with the planning and we'll see you there.

Just got off the phone with TA and found out that one of the reasons for the avails is that they just added another departure out of Edmonton. When we first booked, the only option was out of Calgary. Good news is TA has sent in a request for more seats from Sunquest/Air Transat.

#9 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                • 302 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:51 PM

The week of your wedding- April 8th, is also Easter week. My travel agent said that its much busier for that week, plus the rate it a lot higher than the previous week or the week after that. Im getting there the 18th- so if your still around then we might run into each other~!

#10 Kandys

Kandys
                  • 80 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:34 AM

Congrats!! I'm sure everything will work out fine. Happy Planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users