Sign in to follow this  
guerita

catholic ceremony in PV

Jess - I emailed them this week,

If you don't mind I have some questions about the church:

How have they been to work with? I just read that some churches don't allow sleeveless dresses- did you have that problem? Also were you able to pick your readings (or who read the readings) Are you doing a rehearsal? And if you don't mind me asking how much is it for a wedding there?

Thanks!

Hey Annette - I'm working with a wedding coordinator so I don't know all the details but they are not the easiest to work with for sure. You really have to go with their schedule...like we have to have our wedding a lot earlier in the day than I wanted...although I think the beautiful Church makes up for their issues.

They "recommend" you don't show your shoulders...however I'm going to rebel as I really don't want to wear a shawl with my dress. Hoping my veil can be the thing that covers my shoulders...I am however having my bridesmaids wear pashminas for the ceremony and telling our mom's to do the same.

As far as readings - I'm not sure yet? I'm hoping we can pick them but not positive. I do know that for the Priests, we don't have say on that - they have 2 Priests - one who speaks English really well and the other, not so much. We're hoping for the first but who knows what will happen.

And the rehearsal - yes I believe we are having one the night before.

As for the amount - I'm not exactly sure - I know it is a deposit to hold it and then a donation.

Sorry I'm not much help - hope I answered some of your questions though

Thanks Jess that does answer some questions, I might come back with more! I am trying to decide if driving 50 min to the church I love is crazy and if I should just pick a closer church...uggh i just want to get the date set! It has changed 3 times already, so I just want to book everything. We have the resort now we need the church!!!

if you love it I say do it! just tell your guests is 45 minutes - sounds better than 50 :)...is there any Church near the resort?

Yeah the churches in puerto vallarta downtown are only like 20 min away but the marina is farther away. Its kinda confusing though my TA and the lady at the hotel are telling me different times, I wish I could just drive it. My parents are going in Oct for vacay & staying in the marina area and they might drive to the resort we are going to stay at for the wedding hopefully I will know for sure soon! I just wish all these churches had emails and we didn't have to deal with calling - but then again its taking forever to get their responses.

The ride could be kinda fun though cuz everyone is going to be on a bus together (minus my parents, me and the bridesmaids)

I still haven't heard back from ANY churches, but I am leaning to the Maria Reina de la Paz. Hopefully they email me back soon! I am soo impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkoch View Post
I still haven't heard back from ANY churches, but I am leaning to the Maria Reina de la Paz. Hopefully they email me back soon! I am soo impatient.
You should try calling Maria Reina de la Paz. The info is on the Maria Reina de la Paz thread. Let me know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkoch View Post
Jess - I emailed them this week,

If you don't mind I have some questions about the church:
How have they been to work with? I just read that some churches don't allow sleeveless dresses- did you have that problem? Also were you able to pick your readings (or who read the readings) Are you doing a rehearsal? And if you don't mind me asking how much is it for a wedding there?

Thanks!
The shoulders is not a rule, I have been in several weddings and all the brides were having strapless or straps, so shoulders where shown.. don't worry just keep your cleavage cover.

The readings can be chosen if you are not getting married at the latest mass on Saturday or any mass on Sundays.. you can prepare your ceremony program and ask the Priest to follow it... just keep an eye on all the details. I have a Program in Spanish if someone is interested.

I am also getting married at Maria Reina de la Paz , they are very flexible and easy to work with...

Along the same lines...do any of you know if you can have a catholic ceremony (or just by a catholic priest) not in a church?

I'm not catholic but my FI is. We aren't getting married in a church, but he has expressed interest in having a catholic ceremony. Just curious if anyone knows if this is possible...

Thanks!!