Sign in to follow this  
kr3611

When should we book our airfare for PV?

We're getting married in October and prices keep going up and up....for those of you getting married in PV this year, have you already made your airline reservations? I don't want to wait until it's too late but can't see paying over $700 to fly direct from PHX.

I am getting married in PV on 10/10/08 and already booked our flights. In fact 45 people in my group have already booked their flights.

I think sooner the better. Prices keep on going up, especially with this crazy gas hike.

trust me, the sooner the better :)

plus, you can keep an eye on the fare, and if the airline introduces a lower fare between now and then, you can call to see if it is the same fare class as the tickets you purchased, but with a lower price, and if it is they will refund the difference to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
trust me, the sooner the better :)

plus, you can keep an eye on the fare, and if the airline introduces a lower fare between now and then, you can call to see if it is the same fare class as the tickets you purchased, but with a lower price, and if it is they will refund the difference to you.
Good to know! Thanks Abbie

I don't think gas prices will be going down in the next 4 months but actually continue going up. I wouldn't wait any longer or you will have a steap price to pay.

The sooner the better. We are getting married in PV in October, too, and were able to use AA miles to book our flights. We did that in January. Prices have spiked since the beginning of this year for PV. A lot of our guests have already purchased their airfare. Otherwise, it will be around the $700 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr3611 View Post
We're getting married in October and prices keep going up and up....for those of you getting married in PV this year, have you already made your airline reservations? I don't want to wait until it's too late but can't see paying over $700 to fly direct from PHX.
I found them for $414 - 1 stop at Cheap Flights, Cheap Hotels, Cheap Airfare, Airline Tickets, Travel Deals - SideStep
the non-stop was $700