Sunquest travel changes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Just thought I would give anyone travelling with Sunquest to maybe double check their flights to make sure they haven't changes. Mine changed by three days. I have already placed deposits down. The only reason we found out, was because we were checking on flights leaving Alberta, and my TA said "that's weird..where's your flight??" I know another bride on here has had her flights change as well.
    Like our first kiss all over again

#2 kirobiro

• 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I actually just checked ours yesterday and it got changed as well.

#3 Elisa

• 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

MINE TOO !! LOL ! I had wanted to get married on October 11th , booked The Riu Palace Riviera Maya and paid for my flights ...even had my website already up and running for all of our guests who started booking as well and three months later Sunquest changed their flight schedule to Mexico !!
        I had to re-book EVERYTHING , and unforunately give up my date of the 11th and change it to the 9th . My website , the guests , aaarrgghhh the frustration!!!

In the end though my FI said he liked the date better , he says there is no way he will be able to forget our anniversary if our wedding date is 10,9,8 . LOL, which I guess is kinda cool , but the aggrevation of Sunquest was soooo NOT cool .
        I told my Travel Agent that if they change the date again, then they will have to incurr the costs of new wedding invitations and favour cards and anything else that has our date printed , not to mention the complications that will ensue with the resort itself .

I don't know why Sunquest is like that but good for you for finding out in time before any 'real damage' was done !!

#4 RyanAmanda

• 235 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

How far in advance did they change your flights? It sounds like it was done monthes in advance but just wondering if this is something they did close to your wedding day.

#5 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, our flights have been changing like crazy. This has been the longest [about two weeks now] that nothing has changed. Hopefully it won't change again.

#6 Princess402

• 737 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

Note to self not to book with Sunquest then I guess... that would drive me CRAZY!!

Glad everything ended up working out for those that did have their flights moved so far =)

#7 kirobiro

• 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

Just another update.....not only did our flights get changed, but we just had a friend try a book their vacation for 2 weeks and they were told that there was only 1 week spots available! And our wedding isn't until April '09! Hopefully more spots will open up??

#8 Elisa

• 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

I had booked my flights and reserved ( paid the deposit ) for 20 of my guests in January . My Guests are staying 1 week . FI and I for 2 . They changed them half way through March . So far I haven't heard of any more changes and am keeping my fingers crossed .

#9 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:30 AM

I know some of my guests are able to book for 2 weeks, but our wedding is closer to the end of April (21)....thats is so weird that yours arent able too!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users