The Memory Keeper's Daughter BC Discussion #3

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:51 PM

Interesting perspective on David's love. I can totally see that, but as I was reading the book my initial reaction is that he did love her. I can see this being a fair argument either way.
    Happily married since 2008

#42 yamille

yamille
    • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

off topic for a sec but LC Rachel- your hair looks awesome!
      ** back to the book.. I think that while the author did develop the characters well they were never actually fully developed which leaves a lot of room for the reader to create an inner life about who they are reading. Does that make sense? I knew that the book was coming to an end but I felt unsatisfied with the ending. I tried asking myself what ending I really would have enjoyed and I couldn't figure it out. Did anyone else feel this way?

#43 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

Oh def. I think the reason I felt so unsatisfied is that David died and absolutely no progress was made towards developing the relationship between the characters. Basically- nothing changed. They went on hating David but this time with valid reasons.

I somewhat am frustrated with the author for ending the book this way, but yet, I also realize that it is closer to reality. This happens all the time in life- problems go unresolved and closure is never found.

Oh and thanks for the hair compliment. hehe :)
        Happily married since 2008

#44 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

I definitely felt this way too. There were too many issues left hanging. I didn't feel satisfied after finishing the book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users