Photo

Need help w/ FI's wedding band

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 animaldoc

animaldoc
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

My FI finally decided on a wedding band, but the problem is it costs $3000.00. I found it for around $1700.00 on bluenile, but it doesn't look exactly the same, any ideas? It is has taken him forever to decide on a band and I hate to make him change his mind, but his ring will cost more than my 2 diamond wedding bands!!
    He has chosen a platinum, hammered, milgran ring, similar to this
    Platinum Wedding Band (6mm) by Novell at Shane Co

Does anyone know where I could find this ring any cheaper? Any suggestions, should I suck it up and pay the $3000.00?

Thank you,
    Jennifer

#2 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

Can you see if you can get it in white gold? It would cut down on cost quite a bit.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

I agree, I would get it in White Gold - Platinum is really expensive right now and the bigger the ring (men's sizes) the higher the price - you should be able to get a jeweler to make that in white gold for like $1200

#4 PenMarie

PenMarie
        • 133 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

I've been looking at this same design, but didn't even want to pay the $1,700 that Blue Nile has it for, although I DO like the one Blue Nile has.

You can try finding the hammered w/milgrain in palladium, which is a lot cheaper than platinum.

Hammered Milgrain Palladium Wedding Band

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

wow omg. ok, we live in seattle, wher the shane co is from, we actually got my e-ring there. my entire white gold band, including my 3/4 carat F vsi diamond was only $2,200. so i think it's insane to pay $3K for a mens plain platinum band, esp when it has no diamonds, and also because the sales lady that helped us at shane co is the one who actually talked us out of $$$ platinum down to $ WG, for the fact that altho is is becoming more popular, that is the only reason for the higher price. it scratches way easier than WG, and is not as strong.

thay being said, for doug we are getting a titanium ring, way less $, and they have some that look almost identical to the milgrain edged platinum one you linked.

but, if he is set on platinum, and you have that kind of money, then by all means! if not, i'm sure you can find something comparable at a much lower price, just talk him into WG or titanium.

#6 sassybride

sassybride
          • Banned
          • 294 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:12 PM

white gold all the way, You will save soo much! You can get it custom made for sure if you bring the picture in to a jeweler. My FI is getting a 10 K gold ring and apparently as time goes this metal will look great. I was worried at first b/c it's a low karat but the jeweler recommended this over platinum! It's way cheaper!
            Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

mine is 14k WG, and you can get it rhodium dipped for life free from shane co. makes it all shiny and new looking!

#8 lambert13

lambert13
            • 901 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

Goddam that's a lot of money.

I dont have any ideas other than getting it in a different metal. My titanium band only cost $100.

#9 animaldoc

animaldoc
              • 91 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by PenMarie
                I've been looking at this same design, but didn't even want to pay the $1,700 that Blue Nile has it for, although I DO like the one Blue Nile has.

You can try finding the hammered w/milgrain in palladium, which is a lot cheaper than platinum.

Hammered Milgrain Palladium Wedding Band

I saw the palladium ring, maybe I can convince him to go that route! I think he wants platinum because my e-ring and wedding bands are platinum.

Thank you for the suggestions I will keep looking. I think it is a ridiculous amount of money considering there aren't any diamonds.

#10 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

White Gold ArtCarved WOODBRIDGE Hammered 6mm Milgrain Wedding Ring - Jewelry & Watches - BizRate - Compare prices & buy - Discount - Price

You can get a VERY similar ring here for $645 in white gold. I couldn't justify spending thousands more for platinum.

I meant to add:
                  we got my hubby's ring here: black wedding rings
                  The site was confusing to order from, but we got it super quick and he LOVES it. It took forever to pick out his ring. He was so so picky. He wanted something unique so just in case your man wanted an unique ring, this was some of the most unique we found.
                  Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users