Photo

Maui Vendor Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kgholtz

kgholtz
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all of your good wishes. This site has been unbelievably helpful! Believe it or not, I am not using a wedding planner. Once I had booked the Seawatch (which I saw many of you have also booked) for the reception and ceremony, I felt I could do all the rest myself! With that said, any suggestions for florists or a musician for the ceremony would be helpful!

#2 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

Hmmm I will check who my wedding planner is using for flowers and get back to you. I think she put it in an email to me somewhere..

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

Okay.. I looked through my emails but she never said the name of the florist they use! I'll see if I can get the name out of her :)

#4 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

I booked everything through a planner, but if I find out who the end vendor is I'll be sure to let you know.

#5 kgholtz

kgholtz
          • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

Thanks! Any info would be a big help!

#6 melody

melody
            • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

Congratulations on your wedding! Maui is a great place to get married :-)

I don't have the info since I am using a wedding planner as well but I remember reading a wedding review a few months ago about a bride who had not used a wedding planner and regretted it...apparently, the musicians she had booked could not make it and she did not find out until a couple weeks before the wedding.

I understand you feel you can handle it yourself, however, IMO dealing with different vendors so far away can be tricky, they are more accountable dealing with wedding planners than individual brides.

I will try to find the link to the review and post it.

Found it..here it is

The Knot Message Boards

#7 kgholtz

kgholtz
              • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

Thanks so much Melody! I am seriously considering getting a coordinator now, at least a la carte since I've already booked The Seawatch, a minister and possibly photography. The knot post was full of great advice...thanks for the link!!

#8 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

Okay.. my wedding planner says that the florist they use gives special wholesale pricing for her clients.. and didn't give me a name.. heh.

Sooooo... maybe it would be better to get a WC because they seem to have all the connections!

#9 kgholtz

kgholtz
                  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:16 PM

Hi Meloday-

Thanks for all of your help! What WC are you using?

Kristen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users