Photo

HOAX: EVERYTHING is $1!!!!! Nordstrom e.l.f. makeup!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Saraha

Saraha
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

GRreaattt! LOL Just gave them the good ol CC!

#42 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
    • 794 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

CRAP!!! Well I ordered $20 worth of stuff. I hope I won't have a bad experience like the ones posted above!! I'll let you girls know.
      HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
      http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#43 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

Uh-oh, wish i would of read through the whole thread before i jumped the gun and ordered a bunch of stuff. I just try to email them to cancel my order. i think i'll wait to see how everyone else likes their stuff first.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#44 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
        • 402 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

OK Ladies...you'll get this straight from the horse’s mouth so to speak.

Before I quite a year ago to open my own business I worked for Nordstrom.com for 10 years. I was a Web QA person and quite frequently was the person who placed the "warning" message you see. I am VERY familiar w/ this e.l.f. situation as it has been going on for a few years.

Nordstrom doesn't carry e.l.f. and never will. It is not affiliated in any way with the company. The stuff is similar to Wet n Wild cosmetics. When we first dealt with this e.l.f. situation about 2 or 3 years ago some of us placed orders for the products to see what they were like. It's hit or miss. Some are decent and some are junk. (the eye shadows are junk in my opinion)

Just to put things in perspective...here in Seattle many of the Goodwill stores carry e.l.f. cosmetics...that right you heard me...Goodwill!!

Out of the 5 or us girls that ordered, only 1 got everything she ordered...but we all had problems of one type or another. You don't need to order this stuff online, allot of places like Longs, Rite Aide, Wallgreens, etc. carry e.l.f.
          Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
          http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#45 Saraha

Saraha
          • 2,597 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

Bummer.... Guess it was too good to be true... those who did order something, are you cancelling it?

#46 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

i would advise any of you who placed orders to advise your credit card companies immediately and ask them to prevent the charge from occurring.

#47 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

FSIL has ordered E.L.F. before with no problem and she likes the stuff.

Carolina is actually a radio DJ here in NY (Z100) and they've been plugging E.L.F. for a WHILE. The cupon code is her name, basically tells them you heard about it on the radio.

If you placed an order directly with the site, I wouldn't worry, like I said, FSIL hasn't had ANY problems.
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#48 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

a friend of mine has ordered from here before so i trust it...
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

#49 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

but maybe I will reconsider after reading some of these posts...
                  http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#50 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

i canceled mine, i had ordered way too much stuff anyway. i might order some stuff later down the road. like the makeup remover pads and the blot sheets, they would be great for the wedding.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users