HOAX: EVERYTHING is $1!!!!! Nordstrom e.l.f. makeup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
ok so this is creepy, what does it mean??

fraud alert

09/04/2007
Customer Alert!

We have learned that some of our customers received e-mails from an unauthorized and unknown source regarding the website eyeslipsface.com. We want you to know that Nordstrom and Nordstrom.com are not affiliated with eyeslipsface.com or the e.l.f. product line, nor with any e-mail regarding that website or product line. Nordstrom does not sell e.l.f. products. Please know that Nordstrom would not ask for your account information through e-mail communication.

If you receive an e-mail asking for any personal or account information appearing to be from Nordstrom, or is claiming affiliation with Nordstrom, please forward the information to onlinefraud@nordstrom.com or call us at 1-888-282-6060.

If you think you may have disclosed your account information in error or have been a victim of fraudulent account activity, please contact your bank and/or credit card company immediately.

I think this is correct. About a year and a half a ago a co-worker of mine sent out this email and then had to rescind it because it was totally bogus. They use it to get your account info. Watch out ladies!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls- I cancelled my order and they did so, no questions asked. I don't think it's too horrible. Their site looks legit so I doubt it's fraudulent. I could see it more being the link in the emails as fraudulent rather than the site.

I may reorder a few items, but I just ordered a few too many! LOL Lesson learned.

OK ladies, I just put in a $28 order.... but look what I just foundsmile35.gif

Epinions.com - Posts in All cosmetics for a buck...

Do NOT order from this company!!! They are the most unresponsive/unorganized mickey mouse operation I have ever encountered. I ordered upwards of $80 worth of product over a month ago and am yet to receive a thing!

Sorry about the length of my rant, but I just want you to know of what is in store if you make the same mistake that I did of ordering from e.l.f.

Initially my order confirmation stated that I would receive my products in 5-7 days. After about three weeks of waiting, since they don't publish a phone number, I emailed to inquire about the status of my order. Although an automated response stated that they would respond to my inquiry within a couple days, it took nearly a week. And even then, it was just a pretty much automated email that stated that it would take 5-7 weeks for my order to even ship out their door and that they are sure that I would LOVE the products.

Subsequently, I wrote back to see if it would be possible to cancel my order and they sent me back the same exact email--not answering my question at all. So I wrote back again, making note of the fact that they didn’t even answer my question, and they wrote back stating that they had shipped my order. However, they said that due to high volumes, it would take 7-14 days to reach me! This doesn't even make sense! Their own order volume should have nothing to do with how long it takes the delivery company to ship. Plus my status on their website still indicated that it hadn't shipped and I didn't receive the shipping confirmation email that they are supposed to send. I think that they just lied in order to stall more so they wouldn't have to cancel my order! I then sent an email calling their attention to this, and asking them to provide me with a tracking number. Their response was ANOTHER automated email that stated that "due to high volume, it may take 7-14 days for [my] order to arrive." FRUSTRATING!

To this day I have not received a thing, nor have any of the many others I know who have ordered from them over a month ago.

If you are interested in purchasing e.l.f. products, I would strongly urge you to wait until you can purchase directly from your local Target as to avoid the extreme frustration associated with this joke of a company's idea of "customer service"

completely agree with natileer!

I placed an order with this company in September. After emailing them and waiting a week for a response in October I was told it would be 4-6 weeks before the package was shipped. I have sent at least 10 emails to them telling them to cancel my order and not withdraw funds. They do not charge until they ship the product and my account now shows they cleared the funds from my account on Oct 24th. That being said if they charge when they ship then the package should have been shipped around October 18th being it takes 3 to 4 days for the charge to show on your account. It is now Nov 3rd and I still have no package. Their customer service, if thats what you want to call it, is non existant. They do not even list a phone number on their website. I had to jump through hoops on the net to find a phone number for them. When I called I got hung up on by the first operator after having to set the phone down for a mere 20 seconds. I called back, gave my complaint which I can tell was not even recorded, and told that billing will contact me in 24 to 48 hours. The company that answered appeared to be an answering service of some sort and that would explain why they don't list the numbe on their site. It was before 5pm and I am on the same coast as the company so I do not see why they would not be in the office answering their own calls. Now I guess all I can do is count the hours till they call me. This whole situation is absolutely ridiculous.

If someone is looking to contat them the numbver is

1-800-231-4732

and their physical address is:

Elf Cosmetics

1350 Broadway, Suite 1715

New York, NY 10018

RE: DO NOT BUY

You are not alone. Whoever wrote the long positive experience in the beginning must be affiliated with the company b/c no one i know has had a positive experience with E.L.F.

Ok so here's my sotry....I had to write a quick letter to dispute a credit card charge to ELF. I order some stuff on line a month ago and when the confirmation came back it said it would take 3-5 weeks to receive the order (if I had known that in the first place I wouldnâ€t have ordered it). Anyhow, so itâ€s one month now and I havenâ€t received it. So I contacted them via email (b/c there are no phone numbers listed on their website) and told them to cancel my order. So I get a autoresponse back right after at 11am and later that same day at 9:34 PM they say that b/c my order has been processed they canâ€t refund me the money and that it is going to take 2 weeks to get my stuff (where is this being shipped from?....Japan?). So I noticed that they charged my card right AFTER I sent my inquiry! And then I was really upset…so I googled them and found a phone number and a ton of horrible stuff about the company with situations similar to mine. So I called them yesterday and the guy said someone will call me back…no call so I called again today and the girl used the same excuse they use on everything else….â€due to the high volume†of call someone will call me back in 3-5 days. I said I canâ€t wait I want to speak with someone now and cancel my order that has been charged after I wanted to cancel it. She hung up on me. Moral of the story is…donâ€t order cosmetics from E.L.F. even if itâ€s 1 dollar/item b/c it ainâ€t work the trouble.

BBB Information

EYES LIPS FACE

1350 Broadway Suite 1715

New York, NY 10018

Original Business Start Date: 6/1/2003

Phone Number: (732) 248-9440

Fax Number: (732) 650-0615

Email Address: elf@eyeslipsface.com

Type of Business: Cosmetics & Perfumes-Retail

Membership Status: This company is not a member.

~They have had 57 reported complaints in the last 12 months.

***I am very glad that I researched before ordering from this company! Did anyone else rcv the 'scam' email that it was a new product line from Nordstroms and the $1 sale was only for a week to promote the product?