Quote:
Originally Posted by blkladylaw View Post
Ok I had decided to use the $500 to get a $400 camcorder instead but now you guys are making me reconsider about the video. My available packages are $800 for one camera, ceremony only, 1 DVD and film to DVD edit whatever that is or $1200 for 2 camera, ceremony only, 2 DVDs and a standard edit. Those are the two cheapest options and they are the exclusive videographer for the Chapel.
I tend towards the buying the video camera option. After seeing what my sister (who BTW is an account and has no training in this stuff) did with the videos she made.

Do you have someone who can do the video at the ceremony? If you do its not to hard to make yourself a wedding video with some pretty simple software that will look just like the professional one. Just make sure the camera uses digital video and you will be all set to do it yourself. Carla :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my concern with just going with my camcorder is the sound quality while we are saying our vows. That is the main time I want good sound. Also, I would have to ask someone to do the video. Not sure if anyone wants to have to work during the wedding & stand up & tape.

But, I know how to do the editing & wouldn't mind doing that myself. I actually want to do my own editing. I just learned that the video I get wouldn't be something I could put on my computer & montage with my pictures. So I'm not sure that I want it. I might just go back to using my camcorder. BTW, it's a pretty ncie one I got used on amazon. When you buy a camcorder, don't forget to factor in that they come with short life batteries & you will need to budget for a better battery.

I might email people coming to the wedding & see if someone would volunteer to video. I love my DIY projects so i really want to be able to do editing myself.

I'm waiting to hear back if there is an option for me to get the raw footage.

We'll be filming stuff through the whole week. I think it would be cool to put it all together.

i say get it. esp for those who can't make it, it will be nice to show it off. every wedding i have been to the video guys are usally set back a little & not so much in your face if that's what you are affraid of.

who ever you plan on hiring just let them know how you feel & i'm sure you wont even notice they are there.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I did it. We are getting a video. Mike Cantarell Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Miguel Cantarell - Home

We are just getting the basic package from 3:45-5:30 to film the ceremony, mini-reception right after the ceremony (cake & champagne), and some of the shots of me & mike. The video arrives in 3-4 weeks.

I'm really happy we decided to do this. I know I'll love watching the video & it will be great to have something to share with people who couldn't make it. And you guys of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
Congrats on getting Mike!! Getting video is definitely a good choice - you'd regret it if you didn't.
Thats what I was seeing on the thread about things people wish they did or didn't do. I'm happy we decided to do it. The main thing was convincing mike. He hates seeing himself on video so I agreed I wouldn't show it to a big group & make him watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Thats what I was seeing on the thread about things people wish they did or didn't do. I'm happy we decided to do it. The main thing was convincing mike. He hates seeing himself on video so I agreed I wouldn't show it to a big group & make him watch it.
Yea good call. I'm sure once he sees it, he'll love it. I've been getting the "I hate posing for pics" comments from my FI but it's just something that needs to be done lol