Photo

Are you wearing a Garter

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#81 spicytuna

spicytuna
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

i am still undecided, but agree that i probably won't be throwing it since most of our friends are married.

#82 debbmach

debbmach
    • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

initially i was planning on it, but from talking it over with FI doesn't look like i will...no real use for it, and we're trying to save money.
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#83 Nicyx

Nicyx
      • 2,914 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Ok so im wearing a garter :

Click the image to open in full size.

Not for anything other than the novilty of it, i will wear it, give FI a sneaky peak at the wedding and then keep it afterwards :-)

Dosent have to be expensive, i got mine from ebay for £1.74 inc delivery. Like i say it really is just for the novilty aspect for us :-)

#84 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
        • 1,541 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Shoesiesluvr
          MsSmith...im getting a NY Giants garter as well...im a giants girl so i hurriedly made that decision and bought it but then I started thinking that I really should have gotten his fave team for a garter since he'll be doing the removal hahaha therefore that leads in to my having a total of 5 garters lol
          I got a NY Giants garter as well. I bought the garters when we were planning the wedding here at home, so I will use them, but I don't know if we will do the toss or anything. I'm undecided. I got the NY Giants one for the toss and a camo one to keep (as FI's a big hunter)!
          Married the love of my life in April!!

#85 skadow

skadow
          • Banned
          • 1,853 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KelZavs20
            I am wearing a garter .... just ordered it today from Garter Lady on Etsy!
            Which one did you order? I was looking at hers they are the best! So pritty.

#86 teshy1

teshy1
            • 162 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

I brought one with me that I received for free from the bridal salon when I ordered my wedding dress. When I tried it on before we left for our DW, it felt too tight and uncomfortable, plus it was really itchy! Granted, it was probably a cheap garter. We didn't plan to do any of the traditional stuff like bouquet toss or garter toss, anyway. So, no garter for me!

#87 lsjhik

lsjhik
              • 157 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

I have heard of girl's doing their something blue with a garter...I kinda don't want to take it off and throw it though if I do wear one..

#88 bikegirl

bikegirl
                • Banned
                • 319 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

Probably not. I think I would feel awkward doing a garter toss even know I know it's a tradition.

#89 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                  • Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

I just bought a garter with two college teams since my fiance and I went to rival universities. Cost was $14.99 + $4.50 S/H.

Sports Team Rivalry Wedding Garter House Divided

I doubt we will end up tossing the garter because I am wearing a mermaid dress and that could lead to some difficulties in the groom kneeling and pulling it off during the ceremony (take a moment for a mental image). I hate to think this way, but if it is a hot day in Mexico there is also a good chance the garter could be a little sweaty :-)

#90 lisa203

lisa203
                    • 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

I'm wearing one, not to throw or anything though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users