155 replies to this topic

#71 skadow

skadow
  • Banned
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NaM
    We did all of it! I wore my garter all day and it didn't slip at all.
    That’s good to hear! You would think they would! but then again none of my undergarments or accessories ever seem to stay where I want them.

#72 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
    • 250 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

i think i will...not only our we the first to get married out of our friends but also one of the firsts of my family at least. there will be lots of singles to catch it!

#73 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

I plan on wearing a garter but we won't be doing the garter removal or bouquet toss.

#74 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
        • 2,233 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

I will also be wearing a garter and also not having the garter or bouquet toss!
          July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#75 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
          • 301 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

I am wearing a garter .... just ordered it today from Garter Lady on Etsy!

#76 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
            • 303 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

I just got mine off of Etsy too - Peterene... she was awesome!! My FI is a huge Batman fan (the old batman - not the new stuff). Peterene worked so hard finding the right pictures and colours and it is amazing!!! She was terrific and so is the garter.
              I cant wait until my FI sees it!
              I am not going to throw it though -I dont love that tradition. I always thought it was a bit weird

#77 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Just out of curiosity....what is the meaning behind the tradition? And why wear if you aren't going to throw it?? Just to have it as a keep sake?
                I hope that doesn't offend anyone, I'm just not sure I get the point if nobody is going to see it.

#78 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                • 282 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

Not planning on throwing anything but I will get a NY Giants garter and let him retrieve it. I'll let him decide when, at the reception or on our wedding night lol

#79 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
                  • 2,727 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe
                    Not planning on throwing anything but I will get a NY Giants garter and let him retrieve it. I'll let him decide when, at the reception or on our wedding night lol
                    MsSmith...im getting a NY Giants garter as well...im a giants girl so i hurriedly made that decision and bought it but then I started thinking that I really should have gotten his fave team for a garter since he'll be doing the removal hahaha therefore that leads in to my having a total of 5 garters lol
                    He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                    My Planning Thread

#80 nessa0308

nessa0308
                    • 233 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

I havent decided what I'm going to be doing regarding garter yet.........I wont be tossing it because everyone will me married that will be coming to the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users