Photo

Are you wearing a Garter

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#41 AmandaR

AmandaR
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

I actually wore 2 garters. One was new and served as my new and blue, and the other one was my grandmother's, and was my old and borrowed. I didn't toss them or a bouquet since we had a really small wedding.

Amanda

#42 Mandy

Mandy
    • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

I did wear a garter at the last minute to my legal ceremony because I found one for like $3 the day of when I was looking for new undies. I absolutely refused to toss it or let anyone but my husband see it. And there was to be no throwing of any flowers. Period. And since I had worn it for our legal ceremony, I wore it again for the wedding in Mexico. Again, DH was the only one who knew.

#43 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

I did -- an Army garter. Tom loved it and has it on his dresser.

#44 Ava

Ava
        • 153 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:08 AM

The garter toss is totally tacky.....I'm definitely doing it!

#45 beyondsmitten

beyondsmitten
          • Banned
          • 75 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

Kendra, brides usually throw a toss bouquet one that is smaller and lots cheaper than the bridal bouquet or you can make one with silk flowers and toss it. Just ceremonial.

#46 beyondsmitten

beyondsmitten
            • Banned
            • 75 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:22 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mandy
              I did wear a garter at the last minute to my legal ceremony because I found one for like $3 the day of when I was looking for new undies. I absolutely refused to toss it or let anyone but my husband see it. And there was to be no throwing of any flowers. Period. And since I had worn it for our legal ceremony, I wore it again for the wedding in Mexico. Again, DH was the only one who knew.
              I didn't know that wearing the garter to your legal ceremony make it legal? Did your garter hold up pantyhose or was it just on your leg? Did you wear two anyway? Kind of make it your own tradition, thats great!

#47 EricaG

EricaG
              • 1,915 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:27 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ava
                The garter toss is totally tacky.....I'm definitely doing it!
                LMAO
                http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#48 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
                • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

I wore two garters (one to toss and one to keep) on my right leg--they were Superman (my husband's favorite!). I ordered them from a company in the US called Sew Unique Garters (Sew Unique Wedding Garters). They were $27 including shipping (mine was pretty stretchy, but if need be, they can custom make your garter to fit your thigh size). I wore them for the ceremony and tossed the smaller one during the cocktail reception immediately following the ceremony (didn't have to wear it for more than a few hours). I took the keepsake one off before switching into my second dress for our dinner cruise.

We also did the bouquet toss during the cocktail reception, which was a lot of fun. It was hilarious watching my single girlfriends dive for the bouquet! I totally recommend doing the garter toss and the bouquet toss--you will get some great photos!

#49 Mandy

Mandy
                  • 514 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beyondsmitten
                    I didn't know that wearing the garter to your legal ceremony make it legal? Did your garter hold up pantyhose or was it just on your leg? Did you wear two anyway? Kind of make it your own tradition, thats great!
                    It was just on my leg. I only wore one b/c it was cheap and I didn't have to look for one (it was on the counter at check-out at a lingerie shop!). DH knew I wasn't going to toss one, so he was surprised when he found it later. Just a cutesy thing for the 2 of us. We're all about making our own traditions.

#50 skadow

skadow
                    • Banned
                    • 1,853 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

Bump..

Found this thread in a search. Any newer girls on the site wanna post if they are or not?

I dont want to do the throw, but I was going to wear one with my dress cause i think i'd feel sexy. Only this is...Do they stay up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users