Photo

Are you wearing a Garter

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#31 MrsMcs

MrsMcs
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

i am wearing a garter...it was actually the first thing i bought for my wedding:)...i got it from ebay for about $12...it's a set of two garters: one to keep on my leg & one to toss, they both have a little dolphin on them & they're blue and white...i think they're adorable...& i'm looking forward to the garter toss!! & to throwing the bouquet!! we are having a lot of single people at our wedding tho:P

#32 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:17 PM

No garter or bouquet toss at the DW or AHR.

Though, I did do a wedding once where the bride tossed a bouquet, but the flowers weren't bound together. That way, when it was thrown, each lady/girl was able to get a flower. It also made for some really neat pictures.

#33 Purple_Rain

Purple_Rain
      • 19 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

I mentioned to my FI about not having a garter and bouquet toss since most of our guest are married. He still wants me to wear a garter so he can take it off later that night.

#34 alex

alex
        • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

I'm thinking that when the time comes I want to wear a garter! I probably won't throw it or anything, but will feel special wearing it just for him!

#35 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:12 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by xandrafaye
            I'm thinking that when the time comes I want to wear a garter! I probably won't throw it or anything, but will feel special wearing it just for him!
            I don't know how sexy a garter would be with my Spanx!!

#36 karahmia

karahmia
            • 163 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:32 AM

I haven't decided yet. I like the idea but my dress is silk charmeuse so I'm nervous it will show through my dress.

#37 Yvette

Yvette
              • 510 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

that's a negative. i never liked that tradition & i wont be tossing any flowers either.

#38 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
                • 459 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

I don't plan to-- not a fan of the "tradition" and it seems like just one more piece of wedding industry crap to me. I don't consider myself a prude but it seems vulgar to me, the process of the groom digging around in your skirts to grab at your thighs in front of everyone. And I hate the tossing of the bouquet/garter. As a single person, it always felt so demeaning to me so I never stood up to catch it.

I know I'm not typical in my thoughts though.

#39 CJEB

CJEB
                  • 182 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:25 PM

Yes I will be wearing one. It will have the traditional blue bow.

I will be flashing it, will not be about tossing it - not in public

#40 Copita

Copita
                    • 979 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:11 PM

I just got one recently. It's my 'something blue." i first said i wouldn't wear one but then said, What the hell.... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users