Photo

Are you wearing a Garter

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#21 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

We didn't do a toss because we really didn't have singles... But, I did wear a garter. I had completely forgotten I had it on, but DH had not forgotten I bought one and was very happy to retrieve it - lol. I think sometimes our guys like some of the traditions more than we do!

#22 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
    • 308 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

I am - a New Orleans Saints one from Ebay. I'm going to surpise my FI. It came with a toss garter that is smaller that I am just going to give to our one single guy friend who is also a big Saints fan.

#23 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

I think it will also squish my thighs more than I want. And be itchy.

I want to know where all these traditions started. Like the smashing the cake in the face. I don't want to feed each other cake either. or drinkg champagne with our arms linked. I'm just not that traditional. I can't think of a tradition I do want to do...

I don't dislike them at other people's weddings. I just have no interest in doing it.

Oh, I thought of one. I do like the rose petal toss or bubbles. I like toasts. Doing the macarena (that's a wedding tradition right?) I like doing the Aggie war hyme. I think that's it. Oh, and the chicken dance. I have to do the chicken dance.

#24 Pisces

Pisces
        • 255 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

nope, not interested in the slightest.

The ONLY way I would change my mind is if someone lent me one, and then I would incorporate it as my something borrowed. My friend's grandma gave her hers to wear as an unexpected "something old" and I thought it was pretty cute. Although she's wearing it halfway up her calf because her grandma's thighs were so tiny 40 years ago!
          Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#25 Myda77

Myda77
          • 821 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

I am won't be doing that. I am personally not into it and my FI already told me he's not doing it. So I am happy with that. Some people love it. I say do it if you want to.
            Maida & Tomas
            Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#26 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

We havent discussed this yet but I'm way too shy to be having FIs head up my dress while my parents/daughter are watching...ummm, NO! I was thinking of just having a NY Yankee one as my something blue & just keeping it as surprise for him later on.

#27 tlomlad

tlomlad
              • Banned
              • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:03 PM

honey... OF COURSE!

its one of those things that you think of since your a little girl... i say go for it !

#28 PoeticJustice

PoeticJustice
                • 91 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

We will be doing these traditions I had a monogram gater made and a toss garter in my wedding color scheme and he loves "Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones so I will do it to that.

#29 beachbride08

beachbride08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,372 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    Oh, I thought of one. I do like the rose petal toss or bubbles. I like toasts. Doing the macarena (that's a wedding tradition right?) I like doing the Aggie war hyme. I think that's it. Oh, and the chicken dance. I have to do the chicken dance.
                    I love the chicken dance! I thought I was the only one so thank you Morgan for making me not feel like a loser.

We are not doing the whole garter/bouquet toss. We don't have a lot of single people coming so there really is no point and I really had no interest in doing the garter thing. I hate having attention on me especially for something like that. I will be getting one that FI can take off later.
                    Michelle

#30 cantwaittobemrs

cantwaittobemrs
                    • 148 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:04 AM

I bought a Detroit tigers one for the FI... but I don't think I want to wear it all day... maybe I will slip it on with the lingerie I bought... that way he can see it, but with no single guys at the wedding no real reason to wear it, toss it, or be annoyed by it all day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users