• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 Lia33

• 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

I find I decided to do a lot of things I originally said I wouldn't.... like splurge on all the extras, but the more I thought about it the more I was like 'this is only one day and what's $200 at the end of it' LOL  or maybe that's because fiance kept saying that to me when I was being a cheap skate! lol! 

I am most definitely wearing it as it's my something blue, but after that who knows! I want to keep it though so it ain't being tossed.

That's more my fiancè's attitude than it is mine loll But I'm slowly loosening up about things and agreeing to do things since this is just one special day exactly for that same reason - my fiancé says I'm worrying too much about money and need to just relax....so I'm trying loll I'll probably get one for just for us....not to toss lol 

@LauraM - Agreed! That's the beauty of it - do whatever you're comfortable doing!

#142 hyoungquist

• 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cabo San Lucas
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Glad to hear there are others not partaking in this. My FI is not comfortable doing this in front of my dad and I have to say I don't blame him.

#143 BrideToBeJolie

• 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

I might wear a garter (to incorporate my something blue), but we are foregoing the whole garter toss part.

#144 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

I told my fiance last night that I didn't want to do a garter toss and he totally agreed! phew!

Also considering forgoing the bouquet toss too.  

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#145 TinkerSofi

• 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

I totally want to wear a garter but I think I'd be too embarrassed to get my fiancé to take it off in front of everyone haha! My dress is too tight and I'd feel like I'd almost have to lift it all the way up to get to the garter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#146 nadiakat17

• 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

I am doing a garter- only because I wanted to surprise my fiance with one made of his favorite "footy" team - it has a little charm and everything. I got my from theweddinggarter.com - professional, fast, and awesome! I feel like I cant really surprise him much because we arent doing a grooms cake

My friend also gave me a garter from Agent Provacateur (fancy lingerie store)- i feel bad not wearing it but i had in mind to design one

but there is no way that he is going to be crawling up my dress in front of my dad to get it...

#147 Icis

• 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

My fiance and I decided we are not going to have a garter. Everyone except 3 guests that are going are all married. So no point.

#148 mckievme

• 183 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Same here - everyone at my wedding aside from FI and my younger siblings will be engaged/married so no garter or bouquet toss for us.

I will still be getting a garter because it will be made with my alma mater colors w/mascot pin and I think it will be great for pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#149 nattiegams325

• 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

I got a garter (from Etsy...a University of Illinois one, where we met) but we still aren't sure if we're doing the toss

#150 jeffandrobyn

• 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

Nope, no garter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users