Sign in to follow this  
Golden

Are you wearing a Garter

I will be doing the garter and bouquet toss, I think it's fun to see people go crazy trying to catch it!! We don't have many single guys, so I think we'll have all the guys join in for it. what I'm not doing is when the guy who catches the garter puts it on the girl who catches the bouquet, I think that would be very uncomfortable for both parties involved!

I wasn't planning on doing a bouquet or garter toss, but I ended up with 2 extra bridesmaid bouquets because 2 of my girls dropped out after I bought the bouquets so now I'm going to use one for the bouquet toss. I finally found a garter that I like on etsy today. It's black & white with music notes and a black rosette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadow View Post
Bump..

Found this thread in a search. Any newer girls on the site wanna post if they are or not?

I dont want to do the throw, but I was going to wear one with my dress cause i think i'd feel sexy. Only this is...Do they stay up?
I didn't even think of that! I hope it stays up....I have pretty big thighs though so I don't think it would slide down. Maybe I should try walking around wearing it before the wedding lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunniebee724 View Post
I didn't even think of that! I hope it stays up....I have pretty big thighs though so I don't think it would slide down. Maybe I should try walking around wearing it before the wedding lol.
lol yah..I have a tea length dress too. I would look so classy hiking my garter up as I walked around. Mom would be so proud! :)

i am so glad to read what i was thinking is what many of you are doing or have done. I want to enjoy my flowers and not have them destroyed with the toss plus I don't think any girls that are coming so far are single.

My dress is really slim and not poufy. I can't hide a garter under there so I opted to not do it. I am not tossing my bouquet because only my sister is single out of our guests wink.gif

Hi,

Yes I am going to wear a garter. I am having one made from someone from etsy.com. But I am going to make a games so that all the males try to get it. The same with the flower toss.

I am not doing a garter or bouquet toss...I've never been big on traditions, so why start now, lol. Besides, I think everyone attending our DW will be married. If DH really wanted to do either, I suppose we could do it at our AHR. Or maybe I could just wear the garter for DH and just not toss it.