Sign in to follow this  
Golden

Are you wearing a Garter

We didn't do a toss because we really didn't have singles... But, I did wear a garter. I had completely forgotten I had it on, but DH had not forgotten I bought one and was very happy to retrieve it - lol. I think sometimes our guys like some of the traditions more than we do!

I am - a New Orleans Saints one from Ebay. I'm going to surpise my FI. It came with a toss garter that is smaller that I am just going to give to our one single guy friend who is also a big Saints fan.

I think it will also squish my thighs more than I want. And be itchy.

I want to know where all these traditions started. Like the smashing the cake in the face. I don't want to feed each other cake either. or drinkg champagne with our arms linked. I'm just not that traditional. I can't think of a tradition I do want to do...

I don't dislike them at other people's weddings. I just have no interest in doing it.

Oh, I thought of one. I do like the rose petal toss or bubbles. I like toasts. Doing the macarena (that's a wedding tradition right?) I like doing the Aggie war hyme. I think that's it. Oh, and the chicken dance. I have to do the chicken dance.

nope, not interested in the slightest.

The ONLY way I would change my mind is if someone lent me one, and then I would incorporate it as my something borrowed. My friend's grandma gave her hers to wear as an unexpected "something old" and I thought it was pretty cute. Although she's wearing it halfway up her calf because her grandma's thighs were so tiny 40 years ago!

I am won't be doing that. I am personally not into it and my FI already told me he's not doing it. So I am happy with that. Some people love it. I say do it if you want to.

We havent discussed this yet but I'm way too shy to be having FIs head up my dress while my parents/daughter are watching...ummm, NO! I was thinking of just having a NY Yankee one as my something blue & just keeping it as surprise for him later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Oh, I thought of one. I do like the rose petal toss or bubbles. I like toasts. Doing the macarena (that's a wedding tradition right?) I like doing the Aggie war hyme. I think that's it. Oh, and the chicken dance. I have to do the chicken dance.
I love the chicken dance! I thought I was the only one so thank you Morgan for making me not feel like a loser.

We are not doing the whole garter/bouquet toss. We don't have a lot of single people coming so there really is no point and I really had no interest in doing the garter thing. I hate having attention on me especially for something like that. I will be getting one that FI can take off later.

I bought a Detroit tigers one for the FI... but I don't think I want to wear it all day... maybe I will slip it on with the lingerie I bought... that way he can see it, but with no single guys at the wedding no real reason to wear it, toss it, or be annoyed by it all day!