Photo

2 wedding bands or 1?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Team Gracey

Team Gracey
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

There is a "newer trend" to have 2 wedding bands surrounding your engagement ring. Is this just for show and bling?? Should the 2nd wedding band come as an anniversary gift years after you've been married? I can't lie and say it doesn't look gorgeous with 2 bands.... but is this something you get up front or have to earn?

#2 Myda77

Myda77
    • 821 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

I think it's all your personal preference. I want two bands only because the band that completes the set is thin, so another band would just make the whole look. If you can fit it in your budget why not, if it will make you happy.
      Maida & Tomas
      Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#3 arhoyaltres

arhoyaltres
      • 154 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

I also would like 2 bands, but to ensure that we stay within our budget I'm only getting one. We decided to go with a band that has more diamonds to make sure that it had the shine factor to match my engagement ring. I'm satisfied with getting the band at a later date. It was something that I do not ABSOLUTELY need for wedding day.

I think it's all personal preference anyways.

#4 dragonfly

dragonfly
        • 1,820 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

We considered two bands, one for our legal ceremony, and then one for our wedding in the DR. We changed our minds and decided it would be nice to get the second one on our anniversary. I say if you can afford it and it's what you want then go for it.

By the way I am curious how you would earn the second ring, hehe:)

#5 FYB87

FYB87
          • 976 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

I think it's each person's preference. I'm not into engagement rings I personally like anniversary/eternity rings!

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

It's definitely your preference, My DH got me to bands because he liked the look of the ring. One of my friends got her second band as an anniversary present from her husband a year after they got married.

#7 Birdie07

Birdie07
              • 1,218 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

I got two bands. I didn't plan it. I just have a simple solitaire ring and all the bands just didn't look right. So when we tried on bands the jeweler put a band on both sides and it looked "complete" It's not b/c of more bling but the only thing that looked right with my E-ring. He put both bands on at our wedding. I didn't know it was a new style either.

#8 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

My e-ring can come with 2 bands.. the same band on either side just reversed so it fits into my e-ring properly. For the wedding we are only going to get the 1 band, just because we can't really afford both right now. However at some point I will get the other side, just because it looks great and really completes the look. Maybe for our 1 year anniversary? :)

#9 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

I really want two bands, but FI is not convinced. We got next Saturday to check them out.

#10 beachbride08

beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:52 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Team Gracey
                      There is a "newer trend" to have 2 wedding bands surrounding your engagement ring. Is this just for show and bling?? Should the 2nd wedding band come as an anniversary gift years after you've been married? I can't lie and say it doesn't look gorgeous with 2 bands.... but is this something you get up front or have to earn?
                      I am getting two bands. My e-ring was custom made and has a really skinny band with pave diamonds on each side and surrounding the center stone. I just thought it looked better to have a matching band on each side and FI agreed. The lady that made my e-ring is making the two bands for about the same price as one band cost at other jewelers. If that were not the case I would have only received one now, and the second for our first anniversary.
                      Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users