Photo

Trashing the Dress - answers please

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 morenaindc

morenaindc
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

Ladies - I have spent the last few months looking at the TTD sessions on this forum. Everythings looks lovely but I dont understand what the significance is? Does anyone out there know the history or the meaning...or is this just a fun fad?

#2 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

It's just a way to have fun! I think a lot of the TTD pictures are more intimate and personal for the bride and groom too.

#3 frazali

frazali
      • 245 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

Don't have the answer to your question - but I'll add one of my own. Do most brides trash their actual wedding dress or do you have a separate dress for trashing?

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

It's basically a fun fad. John Michael Cooper (altf.com the photography of john michael cooper) is credited with being the grandfather of TTD. It was basically just a different photography technique.

If nothing else, it's sooooo fun! And, if you're just rolling around on the beach, the dress doesn't really get trashed. Mine was clean. I just rinsed it in the hotel tub.

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

Here's another article about TTD:

A little bit of history, John Michael Cooper ‘Alt f’ Trash the Dress Australia!

#6 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

We did it for fun! And I used a second dress for it.
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

We had so much fun doing ours.....Those are our favorite pics from the wedding.

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

Ours was for fun and to get some amazing pics you wouldn't otherwise be able to get.

I had a 2nd dress that I bought on eBay and it was perfect. Didn't get trashed at all. Just needs to be cleaned.

#9 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
                  • 530 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

To me a TTD is just another photo shoot, but its different in the sense that we have more latitude as to where we can go and shoot. I don't call them trash the dress sessions, rather "day after sessions" because Im not trashing anything, well at least nothing a good dry cleaning will not take care of.

When I think of TTD or Day after sessions I think of a dirty alley, bull ring, or sitting on some beautiful 150 year old stone steps. On a wedding day almost all of my brides want to keep the dress as clean as possible (of course) , so the day after sessions provide a photo op where we can go out, shoot and not have to worry about keeping clean.

~ nic

#10 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

We did it just for fun and i used my real dress. It was fine afterwards. I told my mom the significance was that i would never need the dress again b/c i had found my one true love.
                      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users