We ordered my dress!!!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

So Monday, my mom sent me an email and says," I was wondering how I was going to contribute to your special day and I would like to buy your dress. Please let me do this for you." Well I just broke into tears at my desk. It is the sweetest thing. I said from the start of this wedding business I was paying for my dress on my own seperate from the budget because I did not want to hear anyone's lip about how much it costs. I did not want to her to buy it for me, but I know that it means a lot to her to be able to give this to me as a gift....and it moved me to tears. we bought the dress on Thursday and it was gift card day so I earned a $600 saks gift card which will cover my alterations and then some. My pics are out of focus so i am only posting a pic of the dress on the model for now. The countdown to October (estimated arrival date) begins....

I am so excited!!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Mr. & Mrs. C
    February 14, 2009

#2 JulieG

• VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

It is STUNNING!!! I love your dress. Congratulations on finding the perfect dress.

#3 Yari

• VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:54 PM

How exciting, it is so beautiful!

#4 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Nikki you are going to look so beautiful *tear*

#5 MoKe0506

• 81 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

Oh, Wow!! I love it!!!!!!

#6 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

It is beautiful! Your mom is such a sweetie!

When we bought my dress I was kinda freaking out. I said all along a dress that I would only wear once was not that important to me and swore I wouldn't spend over $500. Well, I saw my dress and it was nearly double that.

At the boutique my mom just siad you have to buy it, there are no more questions. When we got to the store she just burst into tears and told me that my Grandmother, who died 3 years ago this July, told her that she new she wouldn't make it to my see me get married but she wanted me to have whatever dress I wanted. She had set up a special account just for my wedding dress. It makes me cry every time I think about it.

We are both lucky to have such amazing, caring women in our lives!

#7 starfish 1115

starfish 1115
              • 79 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

The dress is beautiful. I just received a call today telling me my dress has arrived. Yeah!!!

#8 Myda77

• 821 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:11 PM

Congratulations on buying your dress! It looks amazing. You have to post pics when you get it.
                  Maida & Tomas
                  Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#9 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:37 PM

Beautiful!!! That was incredibly sweet of your Mom! Congrats on ordering "THE dress"!

#10 currier73

• 154 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

Your dress is so beautiful. You must be so happy. I think that my mom is going to do the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users