Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts


I agree with Leigh, the pictures are gorgeous! Looks like you had an awesome wedding.
 

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post


Thank you leigh2011!!!!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question to all of the brides who have been to Dreams, have you found transportation to and from the airport safe? Because of all the crime in Mexico I want to ensure my wedding party will have no trouble getting back and forth between the airport and resort. Please share any experiences/feedback you have had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all booked our travel through a travel agent and part of that price was transport to and from the hotel with a company called Olympus.  This company provides A LOT of transfers to the Cancun hotels - they have many vans and even several buses that they use.  Olympus and another company (cannot remember the name of it) have employees that hold office hours in an office just a few doors down from the wedding office to coordinate airport transfers and to sell tours that they provide.

http://www.olympus-tours.com/

 

Here is how Olympus works:  you pre-purchase your transfers (either through a travel agent or online through their website) and have a voucher printed out.  When you have gone through customs at the airport you walk outside to ground transportation (don't even make eye contact with the people trying to get your attention while you are inside - they are trying to sell you time shares) and you will see a podium with an Olympus guy in an orange polo shirt.  This guy will take your voucher and set you off to the side for a minute while he gathers your driver and fills up the van with other travelers.  Then you load up and head off for the hotel zone and stop and several different hotels dropping people off.  (We were the last ones to get off as is as Dreams Cancun is at the far end of the hotel zone)  The guy at the podium will also tell you a time to go and meet your hotel rep for Olympus during the office hours (same day as arrival).  During that meeting the hotel rep will take your return flight info and will give you your pick-up time for your return to the airport.  The hotel rep will then try and sell you one of their tours, so you can either listen or politely tell him no thanks.  On your departure day, you wait outside the lobby at your designated time and when the Olympus van/bus arrives, they check to make sure you are getting on the right van and then take you away.  You will notice on your departure day that there are vans arriving every 15-30 minutes...this is a big operation.  I am sure there are several companies that provide the same service, this is just the one I am familiar with....hope this info helps!

 

Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post

Quick question to all of the brides who have been to Dreams, have you found transportation to and from the airport safe? Because of all the crime in Mexico I want to ensure my wedding party will have no trouble getting back and forth between the airport and resort. Please share any experiences/feedback you have had.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me & J.jpgSo I still can't get over how amazing my wedding was!!! I can't wait to get my pics from Juan. I will try and do a review on him and the resort after I get them from him. I think he is the most amazing photographer I have ever seen. The flowers were breathtaking on every sibngle level too.

 

I have a few pics that friends took:

 

photo (3).JPG

photo (4).JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

So I still can't get over how amazing my wedding was!!! I can't wait to get my pics from Juan. I will try and do a review on him and the resort after I get them from him. I think he is the most amazing photographer I have ever seen. The flowers were breathtaking on every sibngle level too.

 

I have a few pics that friends took:

 

photo (3).JPG

photo (4).JPG

 

Congratulations!!!  So happy that you had an amazing wedding and that you are happy with Juan.  You look so happy in the picture you posted cheesy.gif

 

And I agree about the flowers, that was the bouquet I chose as well and they are gorgeous....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Jana! You look beautiful and so happy!  And, I gotta agree about the flowers - A-MA-ZING!!! ;)  Can't wait to hear about the rest of your Big Day!  I see you wore a veil...did you have any problems with it? I want to wear a veil, too, and see that many don't because it's so windy...

 

Also, did you girls have to wait until you got to Dreams to pick out your flowers? I was hoping to see my options before I got there so I had a little time to decide. We're getting married May 11 and I haven't seen anything yet.

 

I gotta say, I love all you Dream(s) Girls!  ;)

 

-Michelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I picked mine out when I got down there. she has a very large book and to be honest I was a little stressed about that vut clearly did not have to be at all. I am not a last minute girl at all. Claudia was unreal. She really pays attention to every detail for you and you will have nothing to worry about. I can't wait to show u ladies my cake too. It was beyond my dreams gorgeous and delicious. The veil was not really an issue. It was windy but it looked so gorgeous flowing in the wind and if I could do it again I would wear the veil. I feel like it really adds a lot to the look! :) I say go for it.  Congrats and I can't wait to see your pics. You will have an amazing wedding!!

Originally Posted by michellegirl View Post

Wow, Jana! You look beautiful and so happy!  And, I gotta agree about the flowers - A-MA-ZING!!! ;)  Can't wait to hear about the rest of your Big Day!  I see you wore a veil...did you have any problems with it? I want to wear a veil, too, and see that many don't because it's so windy...

 

Also, did you girls have to wait until you got to Dreams to pick out your flowers? I was hoping to see my options before I got there so I had a little time to decide. We're getting married May 11 and I haven't seen anything yet.

 

I gotta say, I love all you Dream(s) Girls!  ;)

 

-Michelle

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

 I picked mine out when I got down there. she has a very large book and to be honest I was a little stressed about that vut clearly did not have to be at all. I am not a last minute girl at all. Claudia was unreal. She really pays attention to every detail for you and you will have nothing to worry about. I can't wait to show u ladies my cake too. It was beyond my dreams gorgeous and delicious. The veil was not really an issue. It was windy but it looked so gorgeous flowing in the wind and if I could do it again I would wear the veil. I feel like it really adds a lot to the look! :) I say go for it.  Congrats and I can't wait to see your pics. You will have an amazing wedding!!

 

 

 

Oh, Jana...thanks so much for your input!  You were such a beautiful bride! I'm so, so happy for you!  I can feel your joy over the internet! :)

-Michelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by michellegirl View Post

 

 

Oh, Jana...thanks so much for your input!  You were such a beautiful bride! I'm so, so happy for you!  I can feel your joy over the internet! :)

-Michelle

 

 you will be too in just a few weeks. EEEkkkk I know how excited u must be!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I purchased a suit from Studio Suits in spring 2019.  I looked around everywhere because I was looking for a specific color which wasn't easy to find, so when I found it on their website I read all the info on their website where they claim to deliver high quality suits, premium material, great tailoring, etc. It couldn't be more false. First of all the company is from INDIA and you won't find out until you receive the package. You order from Stu Suits and receive the package from Harry Suits. I received a suit that was at least two sizes bigger, the shoulders where different one from another, the hamming on the ankles was visible and poorly done.The quality of the fabric was extremely mediocre. The lining looked and felt cheap, no attention to details and no mention anywhere of the kind of material.  When I placed the order I did not receive any welcoming email, but simply one stating my measurements were  not correct and I needed to pay for a trial suit 99$. I re took the measurements and confirmed them. They simply replied saying "all sales are final". When I placed the order they said it would take them 6 weeks to deliver the "custom made suit". I received it within ten days, why? because it wasn't custom at all. I can't stress enough how bad the quality of their product and service is. There are so many other services that can deliver so much better quality for less than what this con company asks for. Hope this can help you folks
    • Karla Casillas is dishonest and a liar . DO NOT USE her . She will be the missing wedding planner on your wedding day . After being paid in full she did not show up and texted  that she is sick . We had to take over  to save the wedding of 150 guests at Grand Velas . Cabo  MISSING WEDDING PLANNER.
    • Hello friends, We are pleased to announce the launch of our brand new website! After years of hard work and dedication, we are delighted to officially announce The Wedding Factory & Co I'd love it if you'd go take a look. Here's the link: https://theweddingfactoryandco.com/ https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=514815465723368&id=438996693305246&sfnsn=mo Also on Instagram @theweddingfactoryandco  I hope you find our website with a fresh look, easy to access and we also wish to establish this portal as a source of information for those who visit our site... Thank you  VERONICA MIRANDA   
    • You might consider underground studio Puerto Vallarta. They are a young coupe doing an excellent Job at affordable rates.
    • Thanks for answering Patty! We are having the legal proceedings done in December so february is the celebration. We will have pictures first then a ceremony with a religious discourse and then have the reception.  I'm guessing we will be 50 people, give or take. Half of them are Canadian. They will need accommodations but if we have the wedding ag a resort I dont want them to be forced into staying there if they dont want to. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...