Sign in to follow this  

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Hmmm - we will be having a November sunset ceremony - so 5pm (we will do pictures first).  I guess that means we won't get to cocktail hour until 6-7pm, based on the contract I was sent.  Sounds like the free apetizers might not work for my wedding.  Bummer.

Originally Posted by chipotle99 View Post

None of my guests knew I hadn't shelled out extra $ for cocktails.  The new terrace and tower lobby are so beautiful that there are no additional decorations I could even think of putting up.  The furniture is all new and classic style.  By skipping out on the cocktail hour, I did get 10 more guests for dinner.  You should just look at what hour you will be there, I think snacks get placed at 4pm, so it was perfect timing for us.  The appetizers are warm and cold (we had egg rolls, empanadas, and shrimp with cheese, pastries, fruit) and they put a ton of them out.   Also, what we did was tip the tower bartender $100 before the ceremony.  If you pay for cocktail hour, there is 1 bartender for every 10 guests.  So essentially, you are screwing over the poor 1 bartender that happens to be there that night.  Ours was one man for 85 guests.  The tip helped him feel like he was getting compensated for his hard work, and he did a fantastic job.  Everyone tipped him on their own too, so he was happy to make $$$, I was happy to only spend $100, and everyone was happy in the end.

Sorry one more question regarding the ballroom. Cecilia told me that if we wanted to extend the 3 hours reception it would cost more. Did she charge you more? Our ceremony is at 4:30-5:30 then 630-730 is apps&cocktails and reception starts at 7:30... which would end at 10:30. but we want to go to atleast 12. I have no problem paying the dj more for the extra hours but more just for the room is crazy! 

Originally Posted by Rachel&Chris2011 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipotle99 View Post

Hi fellow Dreams brides!  I came back early this week from the most amazing wedding and honeymoon.  I promise I'll get to the review soon, in the meantime, here are some pics from my most amazing photographer!  http://jessiechophotos.com/

Congratulations! You looked gorgeous! Pictures came out great! Can you tell me where the reception was? is that the ballroom?

Thanks

Rachel 

does anyone have the details for Juan Navarro's photgrpahy packages at Dreams Cancun? 

This is what I got off the Dreams website:

Photo & Video

Photo Pkg 1 $600 usd + 11% tax

Photo Pkg 2 $590 usd + 11% tax

Photo Pkg 3 $1410 usd + 11% tax

Photo Pkg 4 $980 usd + 11% tax

Photo Pkg 5 $1,610 usd + 11% tax

Video Pkg 1 $660 usd + 11% tax

Video Pkg 2 $960 usd + 11% tax

Video Pkg 3 $1,610 usd + 11% tax

But it does not tell me what these packages include....thatswck.gif

Originally Posted by sandinmytoes View Post

does anyone have the details for Juan Navarro's photgrpahy packages at Dreams Cancun? 

Photo & Video

Here is what they are

I emailed him and gpt his prices.

Juan's Dream Packages.pdf

Rachel -
Hopefully someone else can give you a definitive answer, but my assumption was that the cost for an extra hour at the reception would be based on 1) the DJ and 2) the per person price of the open bar for an hour.  Online (in the info pack with the packages and upgrades) it says "Includes 3 hours International Open Bar" under the Recption section, but then under that it says "Additional Hour International Open Bar $15/person/hour".  With the 11% tax and 15% gratuity, that is $19.15 per person.

At this point I think I would love to have a 4th hour as well - but I don't think my fiance would go for an extra $20/pp.  Maybe you can negotiate a lower price per person.  I understand why they need to charge because the servers will have to stay longer, but $20/pp seems like a lot.

Originally Posted by Rachel&Chris2011 View Post

Sorry one more question regarding the ballroom. Cecilia told me that if we wanted to extend the 3 hours reception it would cost more. Did she charge you more? Our ceremony is at 4:30-5:30 then 630-730 is apps&cocktails and reception starts at 7:30... which would end at 10:30. but we want to go to atleast 12. I have no problem paying the dj more for the extra hours but more just for the room is crazy! 

Is there any way you can post this not in an attachment? I asked Claudia about this months ago and have never got an answer but I dont have quite enough posts to open attachments!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandinmytoes View Post

Photo & Video

Here is what they are
I emailed him and gpt his prices.

Juan's Dream Packages.pdf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Best Wedding Planners in India
    • Unfortunately, pregnancy yoga training is a time of extreme. It's all part of the deal; even the stress is often a normal effect of the hormones that are raging through your system. But you have to keep stress at a controlled level because you have to think of your health and that of your baby. Here are some tips on how to keep stress at bay during pregnancy: 1. Evaluate your activities. Pregnancy is a time of many changes; your body is changing and your life is also about to change. You are transitioning to becoming a new mother. While you're at it, it's high time to change your activities as well. Evaluate your activities by checking your schedule. Perhaps you lived quite a busy life before. That can be pretty stressful and may even put your pregnancy at risk, so it would be best to slow things down a bit now that you're pregnant. Pregnancy has its way of affecting your mood and making you feel tired all the time, so there will be times when you just won't be productive. So instead of piling up on tasks, choose activities that you can drop or delegate to someone else. 2. Break the bad habits. Whether you really were trying to get pregnant or pregnancy crept up on you, somewhere along the way you will face the need to break your bad habits. What are these notorious bad habits you definitely have to say goodbye to during your pregnancy? · Smoking · Alcohol consumption · Too much coffee or any other beverage that contains caffeine One good way of breaking bad habits, even ones that you've had for years, is subliminal programming. Subliminal programming means re-training the mind; it works in two steps: · Removing negative embedded factors in the subconscious Since this method communicates directly with the subconscious, which is responsible for directing our actions and behaviors, it is more effective than consciously deciding to stop smoking or drinking. 3. Take up meditation. If you haven't tried it before, now is the best time to take up meditation. There are many tips and instructions online as well as many books on the subject. You can learn it on your own or join a meditation class. Meditation is the art of emptying the mind to relax both the mind and the body. It is also very effective in regulating emotions, which can be hard to control when you're pregnant. If you have plenty of time to spare, join a yoga class. 4. Block the horror stories. Every woman who's been pregnant loves telling her pregnancy stories to non-pregnant or newly pregnant women. It's their way of saying "welcome to the club." While good advice is particularly helpful, most women tend to share horror stories, or stories of how stressful and emotional pregnancy was for them. You may also use subliminal messages to train your mind to block these negative stories, so you can focus on the positive things about your pregnancy. There are many positive things, too, the biggest of which is the new life inside you, so you won't run out of good thoughts to nurture in your mind.   Safe and Easy Workouts to Do During Your Pregnancy The main rule of thumb when exercising while pregnant is to modify your workouts to suit the trimester you are in and to honor what is happening to your body. What is deemed appropriate for your first trimester is certainly not for your third trimester. However, there are several exercises that you can perform right through to the end. Let's examine the first trimester. You are just beginning your nine-month journey. You may be feeling a bit more tired, perhaps queazy, but you may not even be showing a baby bump yet. At this time, if you have already had a workout program in place, you can continue with what you've been doing.  Some doctors may not advise any lying down exercises at any time during your pregnancy, but speak with your physician to determine if this modification is necessary. Appropriate exercise for the first trimester: • your normal routine (within limits) • walking • swimming • low impact aerobics (keeping heart rate low) • strength training • yoga As you move into your second trimester, you may be feeling a surge of energy but your body is showing the pregnancy more and certain workouts may not feel as good. Around this time, lying down is not totally recommended and keeping heart rate low and core body temperature low is important. The importance of abdominal and pelvic floor strength should be highlighted throughout your pregnancy, so if you haven't already started, Kegal exercises should be implemented in all workouts you do. What is a Kegal? The pelvic floor muscles are like a hammock of muscles located at the base of your torso and under your pelvis. To do a Kegal, simply engage the muscles that you would use to urinate. Keeping these muscles strong may make for an easier birth and less pregnancy related incontinence. Appropriate exercise for the second trimester: • Kegal exercises • pelvic tilts (with head elevated with pillows) • walking • swimming • easy yoga • strength training (lighter weights) As you move into your third trimester, you are now getting to the top of your pregnancy weight which may change the way you stand, how long you can sit, and your sense of balance. Aches and pains from your changing body are probably felt more now. Workouts now become about making you comfortable and making sure you simply maintain what you have. A safe abdominal exercise, which also makes your back feel great, is an all-fours cat stretch and contraction. To do: on a rug or sticky mat, go down onto hands and knees. Keeping back straight, simply pull your abdominals in towards your spine without altering the straight position of your back.. Repeat 10 times. From there, round your back up, like an angry cat, feeling a stretch over your shoulders and spine, then release. Repeat 5 times. Prenatal yoga is great for elevating your mood, may help you sleep better, and decreases pregnancy aches and pains. Just make sure you speak with your doctor first and remember to never start a new program while pregnant. Keeping up with what you're doing is super and will make for an easier birth and a faster recovery. Susanna Marchesa, FitOrbit Trainer  Created by legendary fitness legend Jake Steinfeld of Body by Jake, having an online personal trainer is the all-in-one complete solution that eliminates the guesswork and guarantees results! At FitOrbit, you'll get one-click access to the world's best fitness and weight loss online personal trainers anytime, everywhere!  
    • I came across this giveaway on instagram for a wedding video and photo sessions, Just wanted to share in case any new brides are looking for a video. Giveaway end on Sunday July 12 2020 https://www.instagram.com/p/CCY-JgHpNB-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 
  • Topics