Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

for the hotel (flight doesn't matter, as I am going this year and got my tickets the first week they were avail for 375 roundtrip after taxes. I just want to get an idea for hotel because I've seen them range from $230-$600 (yikes on anything above the lowest....lol)

 

Also, what if you want a rehersal but not necessarily a dinner? Do they charge you to do a test run the day before? (as long as there is an available slot). I want to see how to space my girls' and my walk down the aisle during the song (I'm using one song that is long instead of many songs that get cut off in the middle). I want to walk down during the culminating part :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
for the hotel (flight doesn't matter, as I am going this year and got my tickets the first week they were avail for 375 roundtrip after taxes. I just want to get an idea for hotel because I've seen them range from $230-$600 (yikes on anything above the lowest....lol)

Also, what if you want a rehersal but not necessarily a dinner? Do they charge you to do a test run the day before? (as long as there is an available slot). I want to see how to space my girls' and my walk down the aisle during the song (I'm using one song that is long instead of many songs that get cut off in the middle). I want to walk down during the culminating part :-D
there's no charge for the rehersal...we're doing ours and then going to one of the restaurants for dinner.

as for the hotel rates...do not book directly with the resort!! I would definately recommend TA Jill from this site. I started out with a local TA and he sucked!! TA Jill has been awesome to work with and she has amazing prices!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes I second that advice..:-) go through TA Jill. That was one of the best decisions I made during my process. I tried a local TA and I am still waiting for them to get back to me..LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I third the advice for TA Jill. It's so nice having someone else deal with all of the booking stuff instead of having our guests calling me to ask questions. She's even able to arrange transportation between the hotel and airport which I'm not entirely sure the hotel does if booking through them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did everyone book a specific time for their rehearsal already?

I'd like to do something after the rehearsal with family but I don't really want to have to pay for another meal, did everyone just go to one of the restaurants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend a TA but people have gotten banned from this website for soliciting other TA's unless they are a TA that are a part of this forum. I would suggest no one recommend anyone unless you want to be banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys! To answer someone's comment... if you book directly through the resort (it takes you to an off site booking area), they do provide airport transfer, but the entire package is ridiculously expensive and like everyone said, probably a much better idea to book with a TA from here. Nice to know about the rehearsal (5 weeks until my site visit!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
there's no charge for the rehersal...we're doing ours and then going to one of the restaurants for dinner.

as for the hotel rates...do not book directly with the resort!! I would definately recommend TA Jill from this site. I started out with a local TA and he sucked!! TA Jill has been awesome to work with and she has amazing prices!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBride09 View Post
yes I second that advice..:-) go through TA Jill. That was one of the best decisions I made during my process. I tried a local TA and I am still waiting for them to get back to me..LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoml2 View Post
I third the advice for TA Jill. It's so nice having someone else deal with all of the booking stuff instead of having our guests calling me to ask questions. She's even able to arrange transportation between the hotel and airport which I'm not entirely sure the hotel does if booking through them.
Thanks ladies, you're all very sweet! I just hope that I've been able to make things easier on you. I know guests will still always contact the bride and groom with questions, but hopefully it's a little bit less knowing they can contact me to get some of their questions answered too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
Thanks guys! To answer someone's comment... if you book directly through the resort (it takes you to an off site booking area), they do provide airport transfer, but the entire package is ridiculously expensive and like everyone said, probably a much better idea to book with a TA from here. Nice to know about the rehearsal (5 weeks until my site visit!!!)
What days will you be there? My wedding is the 9th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...