Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#6671 sabers20

sabers20
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

Pamela Good Im glad to hear that , it will be just fine , as for an extension cord when you meet with the wedding planner ...They will tell you 100.00 for hook up but they will not charge you , they will hook it up. We had 2 songs lists one for the ceremony, one for the reception so there was no confession  We had our daughter reception on Himitus Beach and we set up the mic, amp in between the bar and the Asian restaurant .....It worked great ....Tell the wedding planner that you are requesting a congo line and the bartenders (2) will come out , set up some chairs , stand on them ,pick a song as a que and they will our shooters down the throats of your guest , sure gets the party going . Also I might add if you are as picky as I was lol I wrote out a 4 page step by step of how I wanted every item set up for the reception . There was not one thing out of place as long as you are direct and use simple language . It is truly the best , most beautiful place on earth to say your I DO'S to the love of your live . Any things else that you are needing to know you can email me rykellkan@telus.net or send a request through destination wedding Happy planning

Awesome idea!!! Thanks for your information conga line sounds like sooo much fun :-)

#6672 rykell

rykell
    • 170 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

You are weclome

#6673 Pamela7

Pamela7
      • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

has anyone had their cocktail party anywhere other than in the garden?  we want to have it on the side of the pier so we can catch sunset. we are having our reception dinner on himitsu so want the cocktail party to be somewhere else.  if we have it in the garden we will completely miss sunset.  any sugestions/ideas?  getting married in November!! :)

#6674 thurberwedding

thurberwedding
        • 65 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 6, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

So, here's a question I don't think has been asked yet. How did you pay? I think the options I was told are card or certified check only? The problem with certified check is not knowing the exact cost til you get there and pick all the options. The problem with a card is paying like a 3% fee for international use. Not a big deal normally, but 3% of thousands of dollars is a huge hit! Or do they run the card through a system that doesn't ding you with a fee somehow? (Kind of like how the bank you wire the deposit to is in the u.s) Love to hear from anyone who has already done their wedding!

#6675 Jamie Sertic

Jamie Sertic
        • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

quick question. Any chance you booked thru the resort? I am in need of another reservation # to get our upgrade. If you are willing to let me know that would be great. We will be at the resort Nov 6-13th. Thanks Jamie

#6676 babystace1985

babystace1985
          • 155 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

I was told that Dreams Cancun will be doing construction in early 2015 so they are not booking weddings then. Has anyone else heard this?

Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

#6677 Ashleyloriann

Ashleyloriann
            • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by thurberwedding 

So, here's a question I don't think has been asked yet. How did you pay? I think the options I was told are card or certified check only?
              The problem with certified check is not knowing the exact cost til you get there and pick all the options.
              The problem with a card is paying like a 3% fee for international use. Not a big deal normally, but 3% of thousands of dollars is a huge hit!
              Or do they run the card through a system that doesn't ding you with a fee somehow? (Kind of like how the bank you wire the deposit to is in the u.s)

Love to hear from anyone who has already done their wedding!

Are you talking about paying the resort for your wedding package? or for when you get there and pay for any extra charges to your package?

#6678 Ashleyloriann

Ashleyloriann
              • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Has anyone done Videography for their wedding at Dreams Cancun? Legit videography, HD and looks crisp?

#6679 rykell

rykell
                • 170 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yes we had the resort do our daughters , it was amazing they are called Adventure

#6680 Ashleyloriann

Ashleyloriann
                  • 51 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by rykell 

Yes we had the resort do our daughters , it was amazing they are called Adventure

Do you happen to have a link that I could see?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users