Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#6501 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Alina8706 

I have a question for the ladies that have been married here!! If you bring your own photographer is it possible to avoid the vendors fee? (if you pay for them to stay at the hotel)? Thanks ladies for all the support!

i paid for two photogs to stay two nights and I did not get charged a fee (however, this was a little bit ago when they started trying to charge people for outside photogs.. I would just tell them they are your guests (which they are if they are attending your wedding and you are feeding them, so it's not lying).  Say we do not want to use the photographer and are relying on guest photos (you also should get to credit that to something else... I added to my video) Claudia and her team are very helpful but have to follow rules from the resort, so as long as you make it easy for them to say yes (and bring along documentation as proof), they will do whatever is in their power!  Almost done working on all my reviews ladies!  Way too late I know, but I'll send the links when I'm done!

#6502 leigh2011

leigh2011
    • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Alina8706 

I have a question for the ladies that have been married here!! If you bring your own photographer is it possible to avoid the vendors fee? (if you pay for them to stay at the hotel)? Thanks ladies for all the support!

I too brought my own photographer and paid for he (and his wife who acted as his assistant) to stay for 5 nights.  Claudia never even mentioned a vendor fee as the resort makes a lot more money on having them as guests compared to a one-time vendor fee.

#6503 leigh2011

leigh2011
      • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Thebride 

Hi Ladies,

I visit this forum every chance I get.  I wanted to tank all of you that take the time to post on here as its been extremely helpful.  I wanted to know if anyone has done their reception at the oceana or himitsu restaurant?  If so, please let me know as much as possible.  I am told it won't be private as the restaurant will be open to everyone, but they set up you party separately and no music.  I am afraid it may look tacky, but I may not have a choice!  Any thoughts?  Which one is the better restaurant, as far as location and menu.  

Unfortunately I didn't see any receptions at either restaurant during my stay.  Both restaurants have indoor and outdoor areas - such that if they were to set you up outside it could feel a bit more private.  The first picture below is of a bar between the lagoon and the beach, but behind it is the Oceana restaurant (sorry I didn't take a better picture).  On the right side (with the white tables and chairs) is the outdoor seating.  The second picture is the patio area of Himitsu restaurant overlooking Himitsu beach.  One thing to check might be if there will be another reception on your night at Himitsu beach as it would literally be taking place very very close.  Hope this helps a bit...

29 - Swing bar Oceana.JPG

25 - Himitsu Beach.JPG

#6504 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
        • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Does anyone know if Dreams has something where you can see/view the wedding remotely?

#6505 kellykanester

kellykanester
          • 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Leigh your pic of himitsu makes me soooo excited, getting butterflies now !!

One month today till we leave, all my diy stuff is done and everything is taken care of, the stress is finally over yay

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#6506 rykell

rykell
            • 170 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Leigh what is the name of the bar pic that you posted. ( the first picture ) 

#6507 leigh2011

leigh2011
              • 277 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by rykell 

Leigh what is the name of the bar pic that you posted. ( the first picture ) 

That is the Barracuda Bar - it has bar top on 4 sides, with one of the sides having swings instead of bar stools (cute for pictures!).

#6508 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
                • 112 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Thebride 

Hi Ladies,

I visit this forum every chance I get.  I wanted to tank all of you that take the time to post on here as its been extremely helpful.  I wanted to know if anyone has done their reception at the oceana or himitsu restaurant?  If so, please let me know as much as possible.  I am told it won't be private as the restaurant will be open to everyone, but they set up you party separately and no music.  I am afraid it may look tacky, but I may not have a choice!  Any thoughts?  Which one is the better restaurant, as far as location and menu.  

Bar next to Himitsu

Bar next to Himitsu

Himitsu

#6509 rykell

rykell
                  • 170 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

thanks 

#6510 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
                    • 122 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Holly Cow!!! Did any of u ladies know this was an option for your reception. It sure looks beautiful. Posted Image Please note the photgrapher that took this. What amazing work he does. Juan Navarro is also really good!!

Hi is this at dreams riviera cancun? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users