Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Originally Posted by Alina8706 View Post

I have a question for the ladies that have been married here!! If you bring your own photographer is it possible to avoid the vendors fee? (if you pay for them to stay at the hotel)? Thanks ladies for all the support!

i paid for two photogs to stay two nights and I did not get charged a fee (however, this was a little bit ago when they started trying to charge people for outside photogs.. I would just tell them they are your guests (which they are if they are attending your wedding and you are feeding them, so it's not lying).  Say we do not want to use the photographer and are relying on guest photos (you also should get to credit that to something else... I added to my video) Claudia and her team are very helpful but have to follow rules from the resort, so as long as you make it easy for them to say yes (and bring along documentation as proof), they will do whatever is in their power!  Almost done working on all my reviews ladies!  Way too late I know, but I'll send the links when I'm done!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by Alina8706 View Post

I have a question for the ladies that have been married here!! If you bring your own photographer is it possible to avoid the vendors fee? (if you pay for them to stay at the hotel)? Thanks ladies for all the support!

I too brought my own photographer and paid for he (and his wife who acted as his assistant) to stay for 5 nights.  Claudia never even mentioned a vendor fee as the resort makes a lot more money on having them as guests compared to a one-time vendor fee.

Originally Posted by Thebride View Post

Hi Ladies,

I visit this forum every chance I get.  I wanted to tank all of you that take the time to post on here as its been extremely helpful.  I wanted to know if anyone has done their reception at the oceana or himitsu restaurant?  If so, please let me know as much as possible.  I am told it won't be private as the restaurant will be open to everyone, but they set up you party separately and no music.  I am afraid it may look tacky, but I may not have a choice!  Any thoughts?  Which one is the better restaurant, as far as location and menu.  

Unfortunately I didn't see any receptions at either restaurant during my stay.  Both restaurants have indoor and outdoor areas - such that if they were to set you up outside it could feel a bit more private.  The first picture below is of a bar between the lagoon and the beach, but behind it is the Oceana restaurant (sorry I didn't take a better picture).  On the right side (with the white tables and chairs) is the outdoor seating.  The second picture is the patio area of Himitsu restaurant overlooking Himitsu beach.  One thing to check might be if there will be another reception on your night at Himitsu beach as it would literally be taking place very very close.  Hope this helps a bit...

29 - Swing bar Oceana.JPG

25 - Himitsu Beach.JPG

Originally Posted by Thebride View Post

Hi Ladies,

I visit this forum every chance I get.  I wanted to tank all of you that take the time to post on here as its been extremely helpful.  I wanted to know if anyone has done their reception at the oceana or himitsu restaurant?  If so, please let me know as much as possible.  I am told it won't be private as the restaurant will be open to everyone, but they set up you party separately and no music.  I am afraid it may look tacky, but I may not have a choice!  Any thoughts?  Which one is the better restaurant, as far as location and menu.  

400Bar next to Himitsu

400Bar next to Himitsu

400Himitsu