Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#6241 lindsay0284

lindsay0284
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

We are having 50-60 guests and don't plan to do the cocktail hour...we are using the same approach that you did.  Did they swap 1 cocktail hour guest for 1 dinner?   Or did they just give you a partial credit for not using the cocktail hour?

Originally Posted by bnwedding2011 

We had 44 guests and swapped our cocktail hour for dinner.. It worked out perfect. All of our guests went to a bar and hung out until it was time for the reception. My husband and I didn't miss anything while we were taking pictures. Also, we were still able to have a plated dinner. The only thing I would suggest with that is get rid of the dessert.. We didn't but ended up asking our DJ to move forward before it was served.

#6242 bnwedding2011

bnwedding2011
    • 29 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

They gave us 10 additional guests at dinner for the cocktail hour. Let me know if you have any more questions. 

#6243 jana297

jana297
      • 646 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

Did any of your bridesmaids get hair and makeuo at the spa? I am wondering if they use MAC makeup?

They gave us 10 additional guests at dinner for the cocktail hour. Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
        April 6, 2012

#6244 bnwedding2011

bnwedding2011
        • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

We had our hair done but nobody had make up done. I loved my hair! It was better than I ever thought! I was a little nervous because they do not speak much English... But it was awesome!

Attached Files

#6245 jana297

jana297
          • 646 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

Oh oh. I have some pictures of my makeup but I need to make sure they do not use a lot of black liner like they have in pic.

We had our hair done but nobody had make up done. I loved my hair! It was better than I ever thought! I was a little nervous because they do not speak much English... But it was awesome!

April 6, 2012

#6246 jana297

jana297
            • 646 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

I think I am going to do a hair and makeup trial. Why not?

April 6, 2012

#6247 Channing

Channing
              • 31 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

I did and I think it was worth it. I don't think the make-up they use is mac but I personally liked my make-up. It was more dramatic then I could ever do on my own which is good for your pictures.

Originally Posted by jana297 

I think I am going to do a hair and makeup trial. Why not?

#6248 lindsay0284

lindsay0284
                • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

My fiance and I are planning to ask our guests to meet us for a cocktail/informal meet & greet prior to dinner on the two days that most of our guests arrive.  Everyone is arriving at different times and we want to make sure that we see everyone prior to the wedding.  It looks like our options are Barracuda Bar or Rendezvous Bar.  We are leaning towards Barracuda.  Does anyone have an opinion as to which would be best?  Thanks!!

#6249 leigh2011

leigh2011
                  • 277 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

I would choose the Rendezvous Bar.

The Barracuda Bar is an outdoor bar in the shape of a square with counter all the way around, so it would be hard to get a group to mingle.

My fiance and I are planning to ask our guests to meet us for a cocktail/informal meet & greet prior to dinner on the two days that most of our guests arrive.  Everyone is arriving at different times and we want to make sure that we see everyone prior to the wedding.  It looks like our options are Barracuda Bar or Rendezvous Bar.  We are leaning towards Barracuda.  Does anyone have an opinion as to which would be best?  Thanks!!

#6250 jana297

jana297
                    • 646 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

Trying really hard not to freak out. The weather in Cancun for my wedding is Thunderstorms and more clouds than sun! I am soooooo bummed.

April 6, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users