Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5981 Sasha030412

Sasha030412
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Did you buy disposable camera's for your tables or OOT bags?

#5982 jana297

jana297
    • 646 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

I did not but I like this idea. I just bought all the stuff for my hangover kits! I am going to put a nip of vodka in everyones kit since they say getting back on the wagon is the best thing for a hangover!!

Originally Posted by Sasha030412 

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
      April 6, 2012

#5983 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hey Ladies,

We are putting together our webinar schedule for BDW.  These webinars are great because not only can you get YOUR questions answered but also hear answers to questions from other brides that you may not have even though of :)

Webinars are a great way to not only hear directly from the wedding department but see the wedding packages that they offer, ceremony/reception pics, etc.

I try to only limit the webinars to once every 2 weeks so we of course can not do all resorts.

Please vote on which resorts you would like to have webinars on...you can choose more than 1.

Vote for your Resort Webinar HERE

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5984 leigh2011

leigh2011
      • 277 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

I completely agree that the hair styling was fantastic!  Take pictures of what you want and you will be super happy.  They use some super heavy duty hair spray so your hair (especially if it is up) will not budge even in the wind at the gazebo. 

I must say that I was not as thrilled with the makeup.  I love what she did with my eyes (which is of course the tough part), but she only did concealer - not an all-over foundation.  I do not have good skin, so I definitely wanted the foundation.  So my suggestion is that if you want foundation, you may want to have that on when you go to the salon.

Originally Posted by bnwedding2011 

I had my hair done at the salon and LOVED it!! It was the exact picture I showed the stylist.. They don't speak English very well so make sure you have a picture of what you want.

#5985 leigh2011

leigh2011
        • 277 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I don't want to put down any ideas, but.....We bought disposable cameras (with flash) for our reception tables out on the beach and they were a COMPLETE waste of money.  Not a single picture was usable after we got them developed on disc as the flash just wasn't sufficient.  Just my 2 cents and I hope it saves you some money (we were out about $50 when all was said and done).

#5986 dreamsbride12

dreamsbride12
          • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Our wedding is at 1 also! What time are you having everything else? We're doing our cocktail hour at 2 on the terrace and reception at 4 on caribe beach! I tried moving the wedding back to 3 but their was already another wedding booked for that time :( We leave on the 14th but not until late in the evening, so maybe I'll get to see yours! Good luck!

I'm the biggest procrastinator too and still have a bunch of stuff to do and we leave TOMORROW!! It will all work out in the end, don't worry :)

Originally Posted by KristaMM 

Wow! It has been a while since I have been on! Yay you are leaving in 4 days! I am down to 6. What time is your wedding on the 12th? Close friends of ours are getting married at a different resort on the 12th as well, so if your wedding is after 4, I won't be there to see it :(  ...My wedding is at 1 on Saturday the 14th. Am just now finishing up the welcome bags and tomorrow I am working on our fans/programs. I am a HUGE procrastinator!

#5987 jana297

jana297
            • 646 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Does anyone know if you should tip your travel agent?

April 6, 2012

#5988 Sasha030412

Sasha030412
              • 48 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Thanks Leigh! i'd much rather save the money. 

#5989 Sasha030412

Sasha030412
                • 48 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

how long before and after the wedding did you guys stay? My fiance just cut my trip by like 3 days!!!! not a good start to our marriage ;-)

#5990 jana297

jana297
                  • 646 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

We are coming out Tuesday and our wedding is Friday. We decided to be out there till the following friday so we have a real honeymoon.

how long before and after the wedding did you guys stay? My fiance just cut my trip by like 3 days!!!! not a good start to our marriage ;-)

April 6, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users