Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5961 KristaMM

KristaMM
  • Newbie
  • 5 posts

    Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

    Thank you so much Leigh for your feedback! It's a lot of help getting information from someone whos already gotten married there. I am sad to say, that we can't afford a photographer or a full reception (we are going to have a cocktail hour, I hope it is enough)  We are doing what we can with what we have. Several friends are going to take pictures, so it will all work out. This definitely makes me think twice about shipping things down, will definitely take it on the plan with us!

     

    Thanks again! Also - I really do love your pictures, they did a fantastic job!



    #5962 jana297

    jana297
    • Member
    • 646 posts

      Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:00 AM


      Absolutely do not shipt them out there!!!

      I am having a little send off party for my guests that are somewhart local and will be giving them their out of town bags! So much easier and a whole lot of fun!!

      Originally Posted by KristaMM 

      Thank you so much Leigh for your feedback! It's a lot of help getting information from someone whos already gotten married there. I am sad to say, that we can't afford a photographer or a full reception (we are going to have a cocktail hour, I hope it is enough)  We are doing what we can with what we have. Several friends are going to take pictures, so it will all work out. This definitely makes me think twice about shipping things down, will definitely take it on the plan with us!

       

      Thanks again! Also - I really do love your pictures, they did a fantastic job!



       


      Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
      April 6, 2012

      #5963 dreamsbride12

      dreamsbride12
      • Newbie
      • 26 posts

        Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

        I am getting married on the 12th of January and we leave late on the 14th! I'm glad you asked all those questions because I would like to know as well :) What time is your wedding, cocktail hour, and reception?



        #5964 jana297

        jana297
        • Member
        • 646 posts

          Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

          Hi Guys

           

          Yahoo down to 14 weeks till the wedding from Friday!!


          Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
          April 6, 2012

          #5965 dreamsbride12

          dreamsbride12
          • Newbie
          • 26 posts

            Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

            We leave in 4 DAYS|!!! 



            #5966 leigh2011

            leigh2011
            • Jr. Member
            • 277 posts

              Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

              Best of luck with the trip and the wedding day.  We all want to see pictures when you return!

               

              Originally Posted by dreamsbride12 

              We leave in 4 DAYS|!!! 



               



              #5967 jana297

              jana297
              • Member
              • 646 posts

                Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

                Hi

                 

                I am so excited for you!!! Make sure you come back to this site to tell us everything. I wish you an amazing time!!! :)

                Originally Posted by dreamsbride12 

                We leave in 4 DAYS|!!! 



                 


                Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
                April 6, 2012

                #5968 Sasha030412

                Sasha030412
                • Newbie
                • 48 posts

                  Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

                  Hi Ladies, 

                   

                  I've got 61 Days left!!! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do! Any advice on any last minute loose ends?



                  #5969 jana297

                  jana297
                  • Member
                  • 646 posts

                    Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:35 AM


                    Woooo HOO 61 days. I have 94!! I need the same advice!!
                     

                    Originally Posted by Sasha030412 

                    Hi Ladies, 

                     

                    I've got 61 Days left!!! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do! Any advice on any last minute loose ends?



                     


                    Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
                    April 6, 2012

                    #5970 leigh2011

                    leigh2011
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 277 posts

                      Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

                      Around 2-3 months, I was making sure the following were taken care of:

                      - ceremony written

                      - music selected

                      - bridal party gifts bought

                      - decide if you want menu cards or programs for the ceremony

                       

                      Random:  Start collecting $1 bills.  I liked to leave small tips at the bars and I thought I had brought enough $1's - I was wrong.  And they make it very hard to break bills at the resort (probably because everyone is trying to do it).  The front desk only breaks bills at certain times and the gift shop often gives change in pesos (and large bills).  A couple of times we went to the convenient store across the circle from the front entrance to buy something we didn't really want just to break a $20.

                       

                      Originally Posted by jana297 


                      Woooo HOO 61 days. I have 94!! I need the same advice!!

                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users