Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5921 K Martinez78

K Martinez78
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

I am having my reception in the ballroom. I wanted the terrace, but was told I couldn't have it. So I asked Claudia for pictures and the ballroom looks nice. I like that it will be more private.

#5922 Sasha030412

Sasha030412
    • 48 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

my ceremony will be at the gazebo but i was thinking inside would be better for the reception. First of all i like the privacy and i don't want my guests to be too hot or concerned with bugs. I looked at pictures online of what they do with the ballroom and it's really beautiful. I think I'm going to continue the party in the ballroom. Also I know there's a curfew for the parties outside and typically russian weddings don't end until midnight. So I was hoping it would be longer inside. 

#5923 leigh2011

leigh2011
      • 277 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

Hopefully another former bride (or vacationer) from the spring or summer months can confirm this: 

You do not have to worry about flying bugs at Dreams Cancun.  My wedding was in November, but I don't think the seasons matter in Mexico for bugs because it never gets cold enough to kill them off like here in the US.  I never saw a single mosquito or fly while at the resort.  My guess is that the wind/breeze at Punta Cancun is just too much for flying bugs to be able to withstand.

I actually put wipes with bug repellant in my OOT bags, and not a single person used them.

#5924 dreamsbride12

dreamsbride12
        • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Oh absolutely I would have it at 5pm! That's actually what I told her I would do as well, just hoping she send some pictures of the restaurant...I hope it's nice!

Originally Posted by leigh2011 

I did see a reception at Himitsu Restaurant on my wedding day.  I would say the restaurant is a perfectly reasonable option for the cocktail hour.  Would you be willing to move your reception to 5pm in order to get out of the heat of the day for the reception?

I think the ballroom can be decorated to be super gorgeous....I think that's a great idea!

Originally Posted by Sasha030412 

my ceremony will be at the gazebo but i was thinking inside would be better for the reception. First of all i like the privacy and i don't want my guests to be too hot or concerned with bugs. I looked at pictures online of what they do with the ballroom and it's really beautiful. I think I'm going to continue the party in the ballroom. Also I know there's a curfew for the parties outside and typically russian weddings don't end until midnight. So I was hoping it would be longer inside. 

#5925 bnwedding2011

bnwedding2011
          • 29 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

I will second the no bug thing...we got married a day after Leigh and they were no flying bugs on the resort.  We played golf about 30 minutes away and there were especially when it got dark.  But not one at the resort.

#5926 leigh2011

leigh2011
            • 277 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

I don't know if "nice" is the right word for Himitsu.  I think it was kind of "cool" but maybe not nice.  Here is a picture from my rehearsal dinner to use to explain a bit.

just hoping she send some pictures of the restaurant...I hope it's nice!

#5927 leigh2011

leigh2011
              • 277 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

I hope my comment doesn't come across the wrong way.  When I read "nice" I thought "fancy" and I don't think it is a fancy place but it would certainly be a nice place to have the cocktail hour.  I think the view from Himitsu is probably better than the view from the Terrace.

Originally Posted by leigh2011 

I don't know if "nice" is the right word for Himitsu.  I think it was kind of "cool" but maybe not nice.  Here is a picture from my rehearsal dinner to use to explain a bit.

#5928 K Martinez78

K Martinez78
                • 46 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

Leigh....I have a question...how was the open bar? Did they keep the drinks flowing? I want my guests to have a good time.

#5929 julieyjlee

julieyjlee
                  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:22 AM

Hi, Leigh

First of all, congratulations on your beautiful wedding at Dreams!!!

My wedding is April 2012 and I have a few questions for you.

What are the items you brought to the resort with you for the wedding?

I know I can personalize everything but since my wedding is a small one with only direct family members, I just want to minimize all the trouble.

Are there anything that is absolutely necessary or better to bring to the resort regarding the preparation of the ceremony and reception?

Julie

#5930 dreamsbride12

dreamsbride12
                    • 26 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Oh no worries, I understood what you meant :) Thank you sooo much for posting some pictures! I have no idea what she would do for it if I were to have the reception in the restaurant and I don't really have time to wait and ask. I think I'll just have to make a decision and wish for the best!! Haha... Thanks again, Leigh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users