I hope you don't mind me butting in, but my TA is awesome, so I wanted to share, too!
We were able to have a slightly smaller block, though. We only had to guarantee 8 rooms (Kim told us that the minimum for a group booking was 6) and we ended up booking 10. I loved getting the call that the rest of our stay was paid off through free-night credits
Sasha, as for letting our guests know, Kim and her wedding specialist Gail basically re-vamped our wedding website with all the travel info, and I included a card in our invites with Kim's contact information. Also from my experience, the rates were pretty close to what I was able to find online (a little better).
Originally Posted by clgriffi7
We did a group rate (which requires a minimum of 10 rooms booked) for the rooms and airport transfers only. We did not include flights in the price because different airports would be used and guests would be staying different lengths of time. Here are the details (minus the price because at different times of year I am sure they vary widely):
- the cost was presented as a price for a 3-night stay plus a per night price for any additional nights - this came in handy as one of the couples is only staying 3 nights, the rest are staying 4, 5, and 6 nights (fiance and I are staying 8 nights)
- the price includes round trip transfers to/from the airport
- $100 per person in resort credits
- one VIP room upgrade (I am sure pending availability) for every 10 rooms paid
- 6th room complimentary (only counts for double occupancy rooms)
We managed to get 12 double-occupancy rooms so hopefully my fiance and I will get an upgraded room and we should get some amount of credit for 2 free rooms. The free room bit is somehow calculated based on the number of nights rooms are booked. Our group rate has closed but our travel agent hasn't heard back from the resort yet on the free room credit so we will see what we get.
Hope that helps!