Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5241 mich1011

mich1011
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thank you girls for posting this. I am getting married in June 2011 and was unaware of this!!! I emailed Cecilia today and she said the hotel photographer is from Vallarta Adventures. She said if we want to use Juan, we'll have to upgrade to it. (What!!!)  I didnt worry or research photography much, because I saw how great Juan was! I don't know if I'm just being bridezilla but I am so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am usually the most calm person.

sorry for the vent.

I asked my WC to see if I can see any samples of this Vallarta Adventures photography.  I feel gyppted , it just feels wrong that now if I want Juan, I'll have to "upgrade"

i didnt' sign any contact with Juan besides putting down a deposit for dreams cancun and signing what we intially have to sign. 

I had asked about Juan too in February!  And everythign seemed fine. =(

June 5, 2011 / Dreams Cancun / Bride & Groom + 67 guests booked! :)

#5242 barbiebride24

barbiebride24
    • 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by mich1011 

Thank you girls for posting this. I am getting married in June 2011 and was unaware of this!!! I emailed Cecilia today and she said the hotel photographer is from Vallarta Adventures. She said if we want to use Juan, we'll have to upgrade to it. (What!!!)  I didnt worry or research photography much, because I saw how great Juan was! I don't know if I'm just being bridezilla but I am so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am usually the most calm person.

sorry for the vent.

I asked my WC to see if I can see any samples of this Vallarta Adventures photography.  I feel gyppted , it just feels wrong that now if I want Juan, I'll have to "upgrade"

i didnt' sign any contact with Juan besides putting down a deposit for dreams cancun and signing what we intially have to sign. 

I had asked about Juan too in February!  And everythign seemed fine. =(

Hey Im getting married in June aswell.. What day? I cant believe whats going on with the photographer. :(

#5243 NurseM

NurseM
      • Site Supporter
      • 187 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

what do you have to upgrade to?

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#5244 CancunBride11

CancunBride11
        • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:22 AM

Wilsom12, 

I appreciate this picture. My main concern is, where is the Spa Terrace located? Can I see the beach from it (like the lobby terrace)? or is it closed in. My first choice was the regular Lobby Terrace, but it is booked :0( After looking at your pictures from your review, I became interested in the Spa Terrace. Your pictures came out really nice, but there are no pictures of where the Spa Terrace is located? I haven't seen any other pictures. Is there a site that you can direct me to? or can you post more pictures. I don't mean to be a bother. Thank you for your help :0)

Originally Posted by wilsoml2 

I have spa terrace pictures in my review: http://www.bestdesti...-wedding-review

We didn't have Juan stay for our reception (wish we had!), so the pictures are pretty dark. It was awesome though since it was very private. The spa closes in the evening, so no one walked through or anything. I loved having it there.  We had 37 people (4 tables + sweetheart table) and I think there was room for a few more tables, but it might get a bit tight with more than 6. We had plenty of space for dancing. Here's the spa during the day:

DSCF0392.JPG

#5245 cricket2168

cricket2168
          • 77 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hi Girls!!! Look at the email I just got!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyy!!!!!

Hola,
            My name is Juan Navarro.  Me and my team are the wedding photographers
            for DREAMS Hotels in Cancun Mexico.
            I invite you to see my work at www.juanphotos.com <http://www.juanphotos.com>  and specially for Dreams Hotels click http://www.juanphotos.com/proofs/DREAMS2010 <http://www.juanphotos.com/proofs/DREAMS2010/>  to see the actual location that you will be going to.
            Please, if you happen to have any questions, do not hesitate contacting me at mailto:juan@juanphotos.com <mailto:juan@juanphotos.com> at your earliest convenience.
            Kind Regards,
            Juan Navarro
            Photographer

#5246 cricket2168

cricket2168
            • 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

NEVERMIND - Apparently that email was sent to me by mistake

#5247 erica51211

erica51211
              • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

I just received an email like this from from him too!  So it looks like he is still the Dreams photographer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricket2168 

Hi Girls!!! Look at the email I just got!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyy!!!!!

Hola,
                My name is Juan Navarro.  Me and my team are the wedding photographers
                for DREAMS Hotels in Cancun Mexico.
                I invite you to see my work at www.juanphotos.com <http://www.juanphotos.com>  and specially for Dreams Hotels click http://www.juanphotos.com/proofs/DREAMS2010 <http://www.juanphotos.com/proofs/DREAMS2010/>  to see the actual location that you will be going to.
                Please, if you happen to have any questions, do not hesitate contacting me at mailto:juan@juanphotos.com <mailto:juan@juanphotos.com> at your earliest convenience.
                Kind Regards,
                Juan Navarro
                Photographer

#5248 mich1011

mich1011
                • 45 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

I got that email too:(

But I wrote back to him to ask.

and this is what I got.

"Michelle,
                  I am so glad you like my work, and I really thank your warm words towards it.
                  Regrettably, it is true.  Me and my team are no longer the official photography company, thus, we do not shoot the inlcuded wedding photography packages.
                  But, if you upgrade your ultimate or love package, we could shoot your wedding.
                  If I can be of any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact me.
                  Best regards,
                  Juan Navarro
                  Photographer
                  "

And this is what I had wrote to him.

Hi Juan,

Is it true that your team is no longer included in the dreams cancun wedding package?
                  When we picked Cancun Dreams, we were so excited when we saw that you guys did their photography.  And thus, I did not think twice about finding another photographer. 
                  Is is true that now if we want to use your team, we will have to upgrade to it? because it is not included anymore. 
                  I did not know any of this until reading about it on a wedding forum.  many other brides are very upset too because they saw your work and loved it too!
                  please let me know what the situation is. 

Thank you so much. 

Originally Posted by erica51211 

I just received an email like this from from him too!  So it looks like he is still the Dreams photographer!

Quote:

June 5, 2011 / Dreams Cancun / Bride & Groom + 67 guests booked! :)

#5249 barbiebride24

barbiebride24
                  • 65 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by cricket2168 

NEVERMIND - Apparently that email was sent to me by mistake

Hey we also received the same message from Juan Navarro, are you upgrading?

#5250 Juan Navarro

Juan Navarro

Insiders

• Insiders
                    • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

Juan Navarro

Photographer

March 18th, 2011

To all Dreams Cancun Resort Brides/Grooms,

I have just had a meeting with the Dreams Cancun Resort Manager and this is what we agreed on in regards to wedding photography at the Resort:

All wedding parties who have booked either the Love or Ultimate Wedding Package and who have personally requested our photography service or been in contact with myself or my team before March 17, 2011 will be honored. We will continue to shoot your wedding. Those couples with an upgrade of any of these packages will be honored as well.

Unfortunately we will not be providing our services to future wedding parties with a Love or Ultimate Package booked from this day on. Please note; we can provide our services to future wedding parties with an upgraded wedding package.

If I can be of any assistance, or should you have any further doubts, please feel free to contact me or your wedding coordinator on this matter.

Best regards,

Juan Navarro

Photographer

I invite you to look at my work in my website :www.juanphotos.com
                      Visit my blog to see pictures of my latest weddings:www.juanphotos.com/blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users