Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5231 cricket2168

cricket2168
  • Newbie
  • 77 posts

    Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

    Me too - I have not calmed down after finding this all out! With the wedding getting close, I've been a little stressed lately. Only a few breakdowns. And today was having a pretty descent day, then BAM! Ugh. I talked to my travel agent and emailed her the "warning" post and let her know the last time Claudia emailed me back, the amount of times I have emailed her, and the whole total of 5 responses I have gotten from her in the last 8 months. Pretty much all the questions I have emailed her, I got my answers from all of you girls on here! This site has been a lifesaver! So, my TA sent an email to AM Resorts, Dreams Resort, Dreams Wedding Dept, Apple Managment, and the Apple Rep at Dreams totally reaming them out about this!!!! Basically telling them they better fix this situation on behalf of all of us future brides. Once we get a response back, I'll let you all know how it goes....She cc'd me on the email, I was kinda scared after reading it LOL - I thought I was mad, she was livid in her email to them!



    #5232 barbiebride24

    barbiebride24
    • Newbie
    • 65 posts

      Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:28 PM



      Originally Posted by cricket2168 

      OK - this is absurd! Claudia did let me know about the videography previously, only because I asked since I had received emails from both vendors and wasn't sure who was included in the package. I was disappointed about that because looking at the previous vendor's video samples, I was very happy with his work and did consider hiring outside of the package, but figured, its ok, the new vendor hopefully does just as good work. Now the photography!!!! I want Juan Navarro to do our photography! I love his photos! This has me enraged! And its nice that we find out on here, and not from the WC. Looking at the quality between the previous & current vendors, I honestly feel like they are trying to save money, but meanwhile are going to charge us just the same! Its just not right! Whats going to be next??? Are they going to tear the gazebo down!?!?! I'm sorry, I'm just mad & upset. Has anyone confirmed this with Dreams? I'm still waiting on responses for emails I sent to the WC weeks ago and my wedding is in April



      I hope everything gets resolved guys.  Im not really to worried about pics because we are flying our friend to take pics and video. Shhhh its a secret. Just in case were not suppos to. seriously they should have someone respond to our emails quicker.

       



      #5233 NurseM

      NurseM
      • Site Supporter
      • 187 posts

        Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:37 PM


        I wrote claudia an email and of course i would not get a reply. I am so happy you got your TA involved I may do the same thing. Is your travel agent someone from this forum? I might just let mine know as well too, she has gotten very quick responses out of dreams. I am so so mad and think there should be a major compensation for all future brides!!  Whats your wedding date?

        Originally Posted by cricket2168 

        Me too - I have not calmed down after finding this all out! With the wedding getting close, I've been a little stressed lately. Only a few breakdowns. And today was having a pretty descent day, then BAM! Ugh. I talked to my travel agent and emailed her the "warning" post and let her know the last time Claudia emailed me back, the amount of times I have emailed her, and the whole total of 5 responses I have gotten from her in the last 8 months. Pretty much all the questions I have emailed her, I got my answers from all of you girls on here! This site has been a lifesaver! So, my TA sent an email to AM Resorts, Dreams Resort, Dreams Wedding Dept, Apple Managment, and the Apple Rep at Dreams totally reaming them out about this!!!! Basically telling them they better fix this situation on behalf of all of us future brides. Once we get a response back, I'll let you all know how it goes....She cc'd me on the email, I was kinda scared after reading it LOL - I thought I was mad, she was livid in her email to them!



         


        May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

        #5234 cricket2168

        cricket2168
        • Newbie
        • 77 posts

          Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

          Ok - so I got an email back, very quickly from Claudia. She said that the photographer situation is on discussion with the coorperate offices. Nothing is definate yet. So, we will see what happens!



          #5235 barbiebride24

          barbiebride24
          • Newbie
          • 65 posts

            Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:05 PM



            Originally Posted by cricket2168 

            Ok - so I got an email back, very quickly from Claudia. She said that the photographer situation is on discussion with the coorperate offices. Nothing is definate yet. So, we will see what happens!



            I might have to email her a couple of questions now. Now that you guys have a her attention.. woot, wooot

             



            #5236 caboose

            caboose
            • Newbie
            • 48 posts

              Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

              We probably should email her so they realize how many of us were looking forward to usin Juan.
              September 3rd 2011 @ Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
              *** Bride & Groom + 52 booked and counting ***

              #5237 NurseM

              NurseM
              • Site Supporter
              • 187 posts

                Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

                Well i am really disappointed about not getting any emails back from Claudia, but it makes me feel better that its not a definite yet. Just hold on to him until they shut down for reno's next year!


                May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

                #5238 cricket2168

                cricket2168
                • Newbie
                • 77 posts

                  Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:45 PM



                  I would - she said that she is going to give the corperate office my emails so they can see that this is a big concern.

                  Originally Posted by caboose 

                  We probably should email her so they realize how many of us were looking forward to usin Juan.


                   



                  #5239 StephandChad

                  StephandChad
                  • Newbie
                  • 7 posts

                    Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

                    this feed is so interesting - I am newly engaged and looking at places to get married next January.  dreams cancun being one of them.  is it true that they will be under renos next year?  What made you decide to get married here? 



                    #5240 peterpanpixiedust

                    peterpanpixiedust
                    • Member
                    • 656 posts

                      Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

                      Hey guys, just remember, if you already have a contract with Juan or Mike, there should be no question.   That's who you paid for, that is who you should get.  Even when they fired DJ Mannia, anyone who was under contract got to use him even after his release.  At least, this is what I keep telling myself. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users