Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4771 meldal101010

meldal101010
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

Where do I post my review?? They must have changed it while I was gone.

#4772 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

I looked in the Review section and saw this:

"This Wedding Review section is closed to new Reviews.  Please use the new review sections to post your reviews. 
      You can post your review of your resort/villa or you wedding vendor.  If your resort or wedding vendor is not listed, you can add them, or pm me to add it." 

So I think you need to go to the "Resorts & Villas" tab at the top of the page and go through Mexico and Cancun to find Dreams Cancun.  On the right side of the line for Dreams Cancun there is a link to click for Write a Review.  Hope that is right...

I am excited to read your review!!!  Any and all details will be sooo appreciated!

Congrats on your wedding.  Courtney

#4773 meldal101010

meldal101010
      • 444 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

Thanks Courtney!! I'll be working on my review tommorow night :)

Also, I saw your question to Carolina about centerpieces, and I didn't bring any with me, but Claudia made some for us. We only had 2 large circular tables & 1 rectangular head table but she threw together centerpieces for us. They were big glass bowls filled with sand & seashells. Pretty basic, but did the job & I was relieved we didn't have to pay for them.

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

I looked in the Review section and saw this:

"This Wedding Review section is closed to new Reviews.  Please use the new review sections to post your reviews. 
        You can post your review of your resort/villa or you wedding vendor.  If your resort or wedding vendor is not listed, you can add them, or pm me to add it." 

So I think you need to go to the "Resorts & Villas" tab at the top of the page and go through Mexico and Cancun to find Dreams Cancun.  On the right side of the line for Dreams Cancun there is a link to click for Write a Review.  Hope that is right...

I am excited to read your review!!!  Any and all details will be sooo appreciated!

Congrats on your wedding.  Courtney

#4774 carolina24

carolina24
        • 1,573 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust 

Carolina!!!!  

NO WAY in He!!   They did not give you the decorated room?!?!?  What the frick!  How cheap can they be making you pay for that crap after you bought your package!  they should be way more accommodating to their brides after all they've done!  Changing the gazebo, tearing down the terrace, keeping pics of that beautiful ocean view for so long after they new the rock jetty was their.  They should suck it up and get the brides their rose petals.  No way, I will be saying something.  I really like Claudia and I have met with her already, so I'm hoping she will will work with her brides.  I don't know too much about Cecilia, but I've heard good and bad about both of them.  I really feel for you.  I know you were anxious before hand and I hope it was still wonderful enough to cancel out all the bad things.  Now I am getting worried, because we are staying for two weeks and if we have to b#@$* at people everyday to have our romantic honeymoon, I am going to be so stressed.  By the way, the pics I saw from Juan are so absolutely amazingly stunning!!!  You are so beautiful!

Thanks!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE our pics!  Juan and Daniel are FANTASTIC!!

yeah, it sucked but in NO WAY did it take away from the actual wedding!!!  like i said, claudia made it all up to us and on our wedding night, she had the room decorated beautifully

Carolina -

What did you end up doing for centerpieces at your reception?  I have a lot of planning time ahead of me, but I haven't decided what direction I am heading:  traveling with centerpieces, buying then from the resort, or having an outside flower vendor.  Any insight into what you did any why would be really appreciated.

Courtney

i bought everything for our centerpieces at wal-mart, garden ridge, michaels, and joann's fabrics and just took it down there.  Cecilia had quoted me way too much for what i wanted, and we ended up saving more than half!!

finalcenterpiece.jpg

i really liked them and i got to make exactly what i wanted.  i bought bubble-wrap at wal-mart for the vases and checked them in a suitcase.  the flowers were in a carry-on.

Attached Files

#4775 Rachel&Chris2011

Rachel&Chris2011
          • 183 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

Ladies can you tell me where I can find the templates for the OOT bags... including the hangover kit template

thanks in advance 

#4776 jana297

jana297
            • 646 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel&Chris2011 

Ladies can you tell me where I can find the templates for the OOT bags... including the hangover kit template

thanks in advance 

When you find out let me know!! I love these ideas!! I am super excited!!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
              April 6, 2012

#4777 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
              • Banned
              • 630 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:12 AM

Rachel & Jana -

Here is a thread about OOT bags (w/ templates) that I subscribed to a while back for future reference.  Hopefully this will be what you want/need.

http://www.bestdesti...ck#post_1452747

#4778 Rachel&Chris2011

Rachel&Chris2011
                • 183 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

Rachel & Jana -

Here is a thread about OOT bags (w/ templates) that I subscribed to a while back for future reference.  Hopefully this will be what you want/need.

http://www.bestdesti...ck#post_1452747

Thank you for your reply. The one im specifically looking for is the kit that has the stick figure guy that is put on the first aid kit

#4779 jana297

jana297
                  • 646 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Courtney thanks for the info!! The countdown is really on for you!! November 5th is creeping up quick!! When do you leave?

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
                    April 6, 2012

#4780 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                    • Banned
                    • 630 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

I wish the coutdown were on for me!!  But I am actually just counting down to my -1 anniversary :-)  We are getting married Nov 5, 2011.  I think my fiance and I are actually going to go out for a nice -1 anniversary dinner.  And I think I am going to start an anniversary album that will have a picture from our anniversary every year to see how we change (years from now I am sure it will be useful for a good laugh).  But by starting now I can get pictures from -1 and 0 (wedding day!).

Thanks for the well wishes though - you are a sweetie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users