Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4611 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

I hear ya Carolina... it's taking some time for me too!  We'll get it though, and hopefully it will be second nature in no time!

#4612 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
    • 301 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Nadine2010 

We have ditched the package and are going with the free package and then a la carte the rest. We are having 13 people including ourselves. That being said, we are just doing dinner at Oceana on the patio as we didn't really need the dancing afterwards with that few people. This way dinner is only approx $15 per person instead of $50-90 (I cant remember the breakdown). You will have to decide what is important to you, ie. photography, videography, cocktail hour etc as these things add up and you may end up saving with the package, even with so few people. We are still going with photo and video but are not doing the cocktail hour or having the trio or any of the other extras. Also keep in mind that if you are qualifying for the eternity honeymoon package (you have atleast 5 rooms booked), if you ditch the package you cannot qualify for the free wedding and the honeymoon package. We still decided that saving on the wedding itself was better for us as we are staying an extra week for our honeymoon at a different resort so weren't worried about the honeymoon perks at dreams. 

To answer your other question about tables, we are having one long table with the 13 of us as opposed to splitting into separate tables. If it works for your group you could do 6 and 6 at rounds and then you two at a sweetheart table, or again just do one rectangle and not split people up. 

We are leaving in 7 days for our wedding in 9 days and are getting very excited! I will write a review when we get back and let you know how it all went with our small little wedding group!

Happy Planning!

Nadine2010 - I'll see you there!!!! Leaving in 4 days, wedding in 8!!! good luck!!

#4613 Rachel&Chris2011

Rachel&Chris2011
      • 183 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Hi Ladies, Does anyone have pics of the other areas you can have your reception besides the beach. My mother is giving me such a hard time about having the reception on the beach so I'd like to check out the other spots... Pics please

#4614 Rachel&Chris2011

Rachel&Chris2011
        • 183 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

one more question .... does the aisle runner have to be red? id prefer it to be white... do i have to buy my own or do they have one there

#4615 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
          • 185 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel&Chris2011 

one more question .... does the aisle runner have to be red? id prefer it to be white... do i have to buy my own or do they have one there

The aisle runner does have to be red or no runner at all. As far as I know from previous brides questions/answers with the WC, the aisle is an odd shape (has a bend in it) so it is also not possible to bring your own. 

#4616 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
            • 301 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

The aisle runner does have to be red or no runner at all. As far as I know from previous brides questions/answers with the WC, the aisle is an odd shape (has a bend in it) so it is also not possible to bring your own. 

They do have a white runner (carpet) instead of their red carpet runner...but it costs $80 to use it!

#4617 Nadine2010

Nadine2010
              • 185 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by KelZavs20 

They do have a white runner (carpet) instead of their red carpet runner...but it costs $80 to use it!

Wow, I would love a white runner but i thought all hope was gone! $80 is a little excessive though! 

#4618 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
                • 299 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Wow, I would love a white runner but i thought all hope was gone! $80 is a little excessive though! 

While we were there last month there was one wedding that used the white carpet. It was filthy and obviously hadn't been cleaned in awhile. I wouldn't want it for free let alone for $80!

#4619 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
                  • 299 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel&Chris2011 

Hi Ladies, Does anyone have pics of the other areas you can have your reception besides the beach. My mother is giving me such a hard time about having the reception on the beach so I'd like to check out the other spots... Pics please

There's another thread with tons of pics of the Club Terrace which is one place you could have the reception. I believe they've done some updating (more permanent shade structure instead of the white wooden shade things).

http://www.bestdesti...-here-pic-heavy

You could also have it in the garden, which is in grass instead of sand. There's a picture on the Dreams Cancun website of a wedding setup in that area.

I had mine in the spa terrace, although I'm not sure that's usually an option. I was only given that area because the Club Terrace was under construction. I do have a few pictures in my review (see my signature) and there are also some in Cancunbride2be's review (scroll down to post #9 and #10): http://www.bestdesti...ing-review-long

Hope that helps!

#4620 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
                    • 301 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by wilsoml2 

While we were there last month there was one wedding that used the white carpet. It was filthy and obviously hadn't been cleaned in awhile. I wouldn't want it for free let alone for $80!

wHat!!! how could they do that!

Thanks for the heads up...we were definitely going to use the white one, but ill ask to see it first before actually using it!

if its yucky - no runner for us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users