Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4151 carolina24

carolina24
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:45 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilsoml2
    The sparklers are a cute idea! Are you buying them in Mexico or can you take them on the plane as long as they are checked?
    i was gonna take them, but hadn't thought about not being able to check them, ooops lol!! I'll look into it and post :)

#4152 chipotle99

chipotle99
    • 311 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

I think you can't even bring them in checked luggage! I just got on a plane yesterday, and there is a sign at check-in that says "no fireworks or explosives," and technically sparklers count They're prob cheaper in Cancun anyway! Maybe Cecilia/Claudia can hook it up...

#4153 carolina24

carolina24
      • 1,573 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:08 AM

yep just saw on the website...no fireworks!! well I guess it makes sense, better safe than sorry. I'm so glad dreams is right down town with all the markets around...i'll just pick some up when we get down there.

#4154 cbell

cbell
        • 475 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

Hi there, just posted my Dreams review, check it out:

http://bestdestinati....-review-57292/

I can't believe I was married in November but am just now posting it....maybe now I can work on a wedding album or actually print and frame some photos. :)

#4155 JT3

JT3
          • 443 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

YAY a new review... I cant wait to read it... Thanks and Congrats

#4156 MrsLewistobe

MrsLewistobe
            • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hi, our wedding is planned for May 2nd, only 34 days away and I am getting very excited! This website is great! We are only going to have about 25 guests with our ceremony in the gazebo.

I am trying to decide which location will be best for our reception/dinner. I told Cecilia that I want it on the beach, but I don't know which one. And we are booking DJ Mannia but I can' t really afford the dance floor too. So do you think it will be okay to dance in the sand? Or do you think I should move it to the lobby/terrace area with a hard surface? I just think if we are getting married in Cancun we should have it on the beach. But I may regret this decision. Please tell me what you think.

Also did anyone do the private candlelight dinner for the couple included in the Ultimate Wedding package? I have read some places say you can have a beachfront dinner, on the pier, or at the lighthouse. I was just wondering if any of you did it and what your thoughts were? I want to plan it for one night before the rest of our family and friends arrive. Did you book it before arriving? Thanks for any sharing your opinions and any info. you may have. :) Amy

#4157 toriOary

toriOary
              • Site Supporter
              • 61 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hi There, I dont think the private beachfront dinner is included in the Ultimate Wedding package but only the Ultimate Honeymoon package which is for people getting married elsewhere and going to the Dreams on their Honeymoon but maybe I am wrong. I didn't see anything in my contract about the beachfront dinner and in the paperwork explaining the Dreams for the Ultimate Weddint it noted 'honeymoon package' not ultimate honeymoon package so I think it is not included but maybe someone who was married already could confirm.
                Take care,
                Tori

#4158 SheenaMcDonald

SheenaMcDonald
                • 171 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

I just want to let everyone know that I have brought sparklers down south before a few times and no one has ever said anything about them being in our luggage. We also plan on bringing some for our wedding.

#4159 MrsLewistobe

MrsLewistobe
                  • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

Thanks Tori! I think you are right. My travel docs show the Honeymoon package. But this may not be included. Where are you having your reception? :)

#4160 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
                    • 1,236 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by toriOary
                      Hi There, I dont think the private beachfront dinner is included in the Ultimate Wedding package but only the Ultimate Honeymoon package which is for people getting married elsewhere and going to the Dreams on their Honeymoon but maybe I am wrong. I didn't see anything in my contract about the beachfront dinner and in the paperwork explaining the Dreams for the Ultimate Weddint it noted 'honeymoon package' not ultimate honeymoon package so I think it is not included but maybe someone who was married already could confirm.
                      Take care,
                      Tori
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MrsLewistobe
                      Thanks Tori! I think you are right. My travel docs show the Honeymoon package. But this may not be included. Where are you having your reception? :)

I believe If you have the Ultimate Wedding package and your staying 7 nights, you get the Honeymoon package that includes the private dinner. You don't have to stay somewhere else, we got married and stayed at Dreams and we were eligible for the Dinner. :-)
                      TA Jill sometimes pops in here and she can give more info on that I am sure :)
                      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
                      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users